Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 656

Thread: Barrie McKay

      
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,447

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    So Warburton and McParland have had how long to look for potential target yet all were being realistically linked with is players from Scotland....
    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    He could be a good signing but signings from Scotland are always a risk and it seems we're only going in for players they've previously worked with or players they were linked with at Rangers. We're not Rangers and we play at a higher level than rangers. Maybe we should broaden our horizons a little bit when it comes to bringing players in.
    As loathe as I am to indulge your trolling, has it even remotely occurred to you that Mark Warburton and, more particularly, Frank McParland, arrived at a club without even the remotest semblance of a scouting set-up, such has been the shambolic effect of five years under the al-Hasawis ownership. They couldn't just bring the Rangers set-up, lock-stock-and-barrel with them, just as they wouldn't have been able to transfer the hugely successful network at Brentford to Ibrox.

    Building a reliable framework takes much longer than the brief period of time that McParland has been here, and so, in the meantime, he's probably having to work with a variety of contacts who are probably also associated with other clubs.

    I'd like to think it's just your naivety that holds-no-bounds but, in reality, it's quite obviously your stupidity.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    More chance of us signing Barry and Pat.


  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Having worked together before and both having plenty of experience you'd think they'd have the knowledge be able to come up with more targets than them they worked with before. Warburton has worked in this league before. We can't use Fawaz as a excuse for the next 5 years I'm afraid.


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,086

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Having worked together before and both having plenty of experience you'd think they'd have the knowledge be able to come up with more targets than them they worked with before.
    They'll have numerous targets, most of which won't be made public.

    Just because you or I don't here of them, doesn't mean to say we're not making the right enquiries.


  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,447

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Having worked together before and both having plenty of experience you'd think they'd have the knowledge be able to come up with more targets than them they worked with before. Warburton has worked in this league before. We can't use Fawaz as a excuse for the next 5 years I'm afraid.
    I knew it would be a total waste of time and effort trying to get through to you even a little, but at least it can't be said that I didn't I try


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    You're one of these people that were probably happy with last season. You have blind faith in this club. In fact I remember you when we were relegated to league one. Even then you weren't to displeased.


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Armagh
    Posts
    394

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Trentendscott reminds me a bit of Eeyore the donkey in "Winnie the Pooh".Nothing ever pleases him and he only sees the downside of everything.


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Just because it's was total dog shit under Fawaz doesn't mean I'll accept mediocrity now.


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    Trentendscott reminds me a bit of Eeyore the donkey in "Winnie the Pooh".Nothing ever pleases him and he only sees the downside of everything.
    Are you suggesting he should change his name to UpperBrianCloughstandscott?


  11. #35
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,097

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Having worked together before and both having plenty of experience you'd think they'd have the knowledge be able to come up with more targets than them they worked with before. Warburton has worked in this league before. We can't use Fawaz as a excuse for the next 5 years I'm afraid.
    Maybe McParland and Warburton want to bring in their old players from Rangers, so they can change the name of the club to "Forest Rangers"?

    We could offer woodland guide services, picnic recommendations and bear-attack early-warning alarms as a lucrative sideline.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  12. #36
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,097

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Red bandit View Post
    Trentendscott reminds me a bit of Eeyore the donkey in "Winnie the Pooh".Nothing ever pleases him and he only sees the downside of everything.
    Eeyore was vaguely amusing.


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    3,316

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Manager in "shows interest in player he's worked with before" shocker!


  14. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,447

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    You're one of these people that were probably happy with last season. You have blind faith in this club. In fact I remember you when we were relegated to league one. Even then you weren't to displeased.
    Yes, that's me.

    Oh, and it's 'too' not 'to'.


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    9,937

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    Manager in "shows interest in player he's worked with before" shocker!
    Builds time machine to transport Trentendscott back to January 1975 just so that he can abuse Brian Clough for signing John McGovern.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,086

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Just because it's was total dog shit under Fawaz doesn't mean I'll accept mediocrity now.
    Sounds like progress to me.


  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    If these former players had performed well I wouldn't be bothered but they haven't. If you actually want us to base our team around rangers team of last season then you are crackers.


  18. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    6,583

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    I knew it would be a total waste of time and effort trying to get through to you even a little, but at least it can't be said that I didn't I try
    Keep fighting the good fight, Otis.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Not gonna lie I dont want us to sign average Scottish league shite as our main signings. Don't get me wrong you could get a bargain but in general if you are signing your players from Scotland then the quality in general won't be as good. That being said I'm not saying Warbutin is doing that but for example if we are selling Britt and expecting Jason Cummings to score all the goals with the season we have just had then that is a massive risk. Barrie McKay might be an excellent signing but I don't want to see this trend of signing league 2 conference level standard players for big bucks. Cummings was a lot of money really for what he is... Anyway I have more faith in the current setup than last years setup and as many people said there is a whole summer to go and Warbuton is gonna be linked with former players and players from thy league.


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,086

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    That being said I'm not saying Warbutin is doing that but for example if we are selling Britt and expecting Jason Cummings to score all the goals with the season we have just had then that is a massive risk.
    There would be no comparison to last season because the Britt money would be reinvested into an all round better side.

    Heres the thing, Id argue we'd progress more as a footballing side if we cash in on Britt & reinvest into the flaws in the side, than we would by leaving Britt up front to carry the side.

    What we have now isn't sustainable, start the rebuild now & have a real crack next season.


  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,329

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    There would be no comparison to last season because the Britt money would be reinvested into an all round better side.

    Heres the thing, Id argue we'd progress more as a footballing side if we cash in on Britt & reinvest into the flaws in the side, than we would by leaving Britt up front to carry the side.

    What we have now isn't sustainable, start the rebuild now & have a real crack next season.
    My point is to rely on players from a poor league that we would have to overpay for its not a risk I would take. Without Britt we looked like going down and we have done this before by selling our best players it's only ever ended up in us sliding not getting better.

    If we were to spend the money on players from league 1 and good continetal signings then I would be more comfortable. I just don't want players like Cummings to be the replacements for our big hitters because it's a massive gamble. He maybe awesome but he plays at a conference level.

    Anyway I'm not saying Warbuton is buying only players from the Scottish leagues and I know he will be linked from players from there I just hope that it doesn't become reality because of the risk.


  22. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,086

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    My point is to rely on players from a poor league that we would have to overpay for its not a risk I would take. Without Britt we looked like going down and we have done this before by selling our best players it's only ever ended up in us sliding not getting better.

    If we were to spend the money on players from league 1 and good continetal signings then I would be more comfortable. I just don't want players like Cummings to be the replacements for our big hitters because it's a massive gamble. He maybe awesome but he plays at a conference level.

    Anyway I'm not saying Warbuton is buying only players from the Scottish leagues and I know he will be linked from players from there I just hope that it doesn't become reality because of the risk.
    Brereton, Vellios & Cummings is still decent firepower.

    We wouldnt be totally reliant on Cummings for goals.


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    10,810

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Think that would be good business, 2 mil for these two.


  24. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,447

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Keep fighting the good fight, Otis.
    Even though trying to 'debate' with that fucking idiot is something of a challenge PZ, I do try.


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    There would be no comparison to last season because the Britt money would be reinvested into an all round better side.

    Heres the thing, Id argue we'd progress more as a footballing side if we cash in on Britt & reinvest into the flaws in the side, than we would by leaving Britt up front to carry the side.

    What we have now isn't sustainable, start the rebuild now & have a real crack next season.


    Why don't you just trust Warburton's judgement on players he wants to bring into the club. If you look at the players he brought into Brentford neither me and maybe you had heard of them and look how successful they were.


  26. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Even though trying to 'debate' with that fucking idiot is something of a challenge PZ, I do try.
    I'm a idiot? No. YOUR AN IDIOT!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •