Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 656

Thread: Barrie McKay

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Barrie McKay

    22 year old Scottish international winger/striker currently at Rangers.

    Seems like he's stalling over a new contract there despite saying he wants to stay and Warburton is monitoring the situation, McKay is free to talk to other clubs in January.

    The Post reckon RB Leipzig were linked with a £6m move for him in January just gone.

    Could be his agent stirring the pot to make Rangers offer him better terms but worth keeping an eye on.

    http://www.nottinghampost.com/8203-r...ail/story.html


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,074

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Was there any player under the age of 23 that hasn't been linked with a £6m move to Leipzig


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,079

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Saw him in the Cup semi final win over Celtic & he looked a cracking fit for Warburtons quick passing approach.

    Takes players on, has decent pace & he's the right age to have progression in him.

    Only 5ft 9ins so wont please everyone, but he looked a really good player.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Saw him in the Cup semi final win over Celtic & he looked a cracking fit for Warburtons quick passing approach.

    Takes players on, has decent pace & he's the right age to have progression in him.

    Only 5ft 9ins so wont please everyone, but he looked a really good player.
    I guess he could be seen as a long term replacement for Jamie Ward if we're not looking to sign him until next summer?

    I've not seen anything of him or if I have I can't remember (usually the only time I watch Rangers it's when they're getting stuffed by Celtic) but if we get him on a free I wouldn't be complaining!


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,660

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'm back in T1 Trent End
    Posts
    637

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    No thanks I watch Rangers and he blows hot and cold and light weight


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    I'm back in T1 Trent End
    Posts
    637

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Now given permission to seek another club


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,074

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    I saw a YouTube video of chances he created that Rangers didn't score from and it was tonnes. Judging by that video (not a good way to judge players) he has incredible vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobboRobson View Post
    No thanks I watch Rangers and he blows hot and cold and light weight
    Are you not just describing Ben Osborn? Because I would take another one of them.

    He's still young, he will blow hot and cold.


  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    In the news this morning that he's been made to train with the under 20s at Rangers and also that they're preparing for an offer of £2m from us for Tavernier and McKay.


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    In the news this morning that he's been made to train with the under 20s at Rangers and also that they're preparing for an offer of £2m from us for Tavernier and McKay.
    Would make sense to make a combined offer for both.


  12. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    3,285

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    Would make sense to make a combined offer for both.
    I'd have both as well. Very attacking players


  13. #12
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Gerrem in.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  14. #13
    Devils favourite advocate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,649

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Spells his name wrong, out


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    So Warburton and McParland have had how long to look for potential target yet all were being realistically linked with is players from Scotland....


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,079

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    So Warburton and McParland have had how long to look for potential target yet all were being realistically linked with is players from Scotland....
    Last recruitment drive saw us waste alot of money on punts.

    Given this management teams history of success, Id much rather us take in players they can vouch for.


  17. #16

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    So Warburton and McParland have had how long to look for potential target yet all were being realistically linked with is players from Scotland....
    McKay is a Scottish international who plays as a winger, and who competes with Oliver Burke for a place.

    So technically he's worth £30m and the next Messi.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Kimberley
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    So Warburton and McParland have had how long to look for potential target yet all were being realistically linked with is players from Scotland....
    How are these players any more realistic than the other realistic players we are being linked with?

    I reckon you are either Jock or Pope from Vital; there cannot possibly be a third deluded manic depressive amongst our support.


  19. #18
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,083

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Gonad View Post
    l

    I reckon you are either Jock or Pope from Vital; there cannot possibly be a third deluded manic depressive amongst our support.
    There are actually several more, although Flagman and I have done a pretty good job of tracking them down and disposing of them in a manner somewhat akin to Oddjob from Goldfinger.

    Trentendscott we've kept around for a bit, for comic relief, a bit like Steve Martin's portrayal of Rubrecht the Monkey Boy in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    290

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    He could be a good signing but signings from Scotland are always a risk and it seems we're only going in for players they've previously worked with or players they were linked with at Rangers. We're not Rangers and we play at a higher level than rangers. Maybe we should broaden our horizons a little bit when it comes to bringing players in.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,764

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Maybe we should broaden our horizons a little bit when it comes to bringing players in.
    Maybe none of us actually have a clue who the club is looking to bring in and from what country/ league, we could be looking all over the place. All we can do is remember these are all rumours for the time being.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,190

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    In the news this morning that he's been made to train with the under 20s at Rangers and also that they're preparing for an offer of £2m from us for Tavernier and McKay.
    I'd be very surprised if we got both of them for £2m, though if we did it would be an excellent piece of business.


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,313

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I saw a YouTube video of chances he created that Rangers didn't score from and it was tonnes. Judging by that video (not a good way to judge players) he has incredible vision.


    Are you not just describing Ben Osborn? Because I would take another one of them.

    He's still young, he will blow hot and cold.
    I wouldn't want a team of ben osborns , our midfield would be overrun in every game.


  24. #23
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    There are actually several more, although Flagman and I have done a pretty good job of tracking them down and disposing of them in a manner somewhat akin to Oddjob from Goldfinger.

    Trentendscott we've kept around for a bit, for comic relief, a bit like Steve Martin's portrayal of Rubrecht the Monkey Boy in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
    It's time TrentEndScott had the genital cuff.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  25. #24
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,083

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    He could be a good signing but signings from Scotland are always a risk and it seems we're only going in for players they've previously worked with or players they were linked with at Rangers. We're not Rangers and we play at a higher level than rangers. Maybe we should broaden our horizons a little bit when it comes to bringing players in.
    I think instead we should only consider Lone Rangers, so we should actively pursue players who only play in masks, are called "Kimmosabe" or "Tonto", or who own a horse called "Silver".


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,445

    Default Re: Barrie McKay

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Gonad View Post
    I reckon you are either Jock or Pope from Vital; there cannot possibly be a third deluded manic depressive amongst our support.
    He'd be both welcomed with open-arms, and feel immediately at home on Vital.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •