Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Default My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

Right, now that the relegation fight shambles is out the way, and Uncle Faz has returned to the electrical coolant day-job, we can look forward to a new era.

The squad has more layers of stodge than a moussaka, so a clear-out is mandatory. Who should we build the team around, and what kind of players do we need to bring in?

Last edited by Pugwash; 07-05-17 at 22:05.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

It's not up to us, mate.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    It's not up to us, mate.
    This.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I think we need to start with the Midfield, it's all very one height, one speed, one weight at the moment. A hard ball winner to protect the back four, a box to box midfielder with an eye for a pass and a pacy wide man that can beat his opponent and deliver a cross as the lad from Northampton got lost on his way to the ground and hasn't been seen since. That's for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    It's not up to us, mate.
    You make a good point. Mods close the forum, there's no point talking about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugwash View Post
    You make a good point. Mods close the forum, there's no point talking about football.
    Alright, I didn't mean it like that. I only responded like that because I feel like we'd have some sort of collective hating on a player, saying "get rid" undeservedly i.e.: Carayol. "Ifs and buts" threads get boring.

Players with a good fitness history of playing 40+ games a season, with something to prove on an upwards trajectory in their careers.

I don't mind the odd bit of experience/nous as is needed. But people who will get better, and even if they end up being sold, we'll improve alongside them as a club.

Outside of that, in terms of ability. I want fit, mobile and energetic players who enjoy moving the ball quickly.

2 x Midfielders one in the mould of David Vaughan minus the injury prone bit and one in the mould of a Match Winner like Lansbury
    1 x Left back
    1 x No Nonsense CB to partner Mance
    1 x Direct Pacy Winger (BLACE Optional)

And maybe a few Frees and the odd loan to add to the depth of the squad.

get in some bollocks

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

It'll be an interesting summer for sure, it seems Warburton has links to both Spurs and Arsenal and obviously McParland has links with Liverpool and Burnley among others. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see a couple of players come in from those sides be they permanent or loans, especially from Spurs:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3512461.html
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...visits-7571270

Josh Onomah from Spurs might be a good shout, mobile, strong and skillful centre mid and he's behind Harry Winks there at the moment.

Last edited by J'Psycho'C66; 08-05-17 at 12:03.

First thing to do is to sober up fully and enjoy the win yesterday some more.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Some of you lot would have us with a squad of 40+. We need to see who we can ship out first.

Warburton wants 3/4 signings and a squad of 22, so that would leave us with 18 of our current squad.

Core squad -

GK: Smith, Henderson
    Rb: Lichaj
    CB: Mancienne, Worrall, Fox
    LB: Traore, Pinillos
    CM: Cohen, Vaughan, Clough
    RM/LM: Carayol, Ward, Osborn, Ariyibi
    ST: Assombalonga, Vellios, Brereton

Loaned out -
    Cash, Lam, Iacovitti, Evtimov

Sold/Released
    Stoijkovic, Lica, Hobbs, Mills, Fryatt, Perquis + every loan signing.

And then i imagine we would sign a RB, CB, CM and a number 10.

Last edited by tomw94; 08-05-17 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaminho View Post
    2 x Midfielders one in the mould of David Vaughan minus the injury prone bit and one in the mould of a Match Winner like Lansbury
    1 x Left back
    1 x No Nonsense CB to partner Mance
    1 x Direct Pacy Winger (BLACE Optional)

And maybe a few Frees and the odd loan to add to the depth of the squad.
    No disrespect, but this looks like a blueprint for another relegation scrap next year, given we've had them all & failed historically.

Something needs to change.

Last edited by MASE; 08-05-17 at 14:36.

Sign Jota at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Sign Jota at all costs
    If you watched any of SSN last night, you'd have seen that Jota has agreed a contract extension :-(

Quote Originally Posted by tricky_tree1982 View Post
    If you watched any of SSN last night, you'd have seen that Jota has agreed a contract extension :-(
    Sign Jota at all costs!!!

Get on the phone to Southampton, see if they want to loan us Sam Gallagher for a season.

Be a great option for our right hand side.

I read somewhere they had triggered a one Year extension so they could ask for more money when he's sold ( Burnley interested ? )

Start with Alan Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiacre Red View Post
    Start with Alan Judge.
    He's signed an extension with Brentford as well. Dunno what their problem is, losing to Blackburn and re-signing all their good players, dicks!

An authoritative midfielder and two quality attacking fullbacks would be my incoming players.

Maybe an outrageously good attacking youngster on loan from the prem as well if the right one comes up.

Presume Hobbes, Perquis, Lam, Pinillos and Stojkovic will be let go of, so hopefully Iacovitti is good enough for a proper squad role now.

Maybe send Cash and Ariyibi out on loan to League One until Christmas to see how they do, and that leaves us with a decent 22 man squad.

(I'd also invest in securing Brereton's replacement this window, as the price will go up if it's public knowledge we have £15m in the vault)

They see me trollin'

I seriously don't see MW getting loans in, he'll prefer to develop our talents with a mix of signings too i suspect.

With a number of players tripping over themselves on the way out before the Ipswich game in an attempt to disassociate themselves with a relegated club, it does help Warburton determine what he's left with and what he needs.

What will be our likely position next season with regards to FFP? I'm guessing the rules are the same but there are so many factors to consider before anything can be done.

I just hope we can move quickly on this one giving Warburton time and money to shop intelligently over the summer.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I think Lam will stay, him Cash and Anel will be the CM back up to Cohen and a new signing. Ariyibi came from league one so either has to play or leave, what goods a loan? Carayol will stay but we need atleast another winger, two if Ward goes, three if Ariyibi goes.
    If Traore can stay fit, Fox can cover LB and CB, Worral and Mance as CB's with the rest got rid of, Mills can stay if we can't get a better value CB. Lichaj will probably be back up as MW prefers more attacking full backs but might yet get more out of Eric who has pushed up a lot more lately. Britt & Brererton are fine but need one striker if Velios leaves or MW only uses/needs to use BB as a winger. Cough and Osborn are fine as attacking midfielders. GK Looks solid with Smith, Henderson and the youth.
    To sum up, a couple of wingers, solid CM and possibly a couple of attacking full backs (which is odd as MW didn't use HP)