Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
Results 1,251 to 1,270 of 1270

Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

jan Kirchhoff sppsrently did well as a dm , massive presence and height but like as said , he's a biscuit which is a shame.he still have age on his side and not old. i would take bassong in view of our weak backline , half decent in the past , not sure now at 31.

honestly , if warburton didn't buy bridcutt , i wouldn't mind him taking a look at Youssouf Mulumbu. has done well over the years as a dm.

Last edited by marshal99; 15-09-17 at 05:59.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kieran Richardson??

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Titus Bramble?

Quote Originally Posted by twobob View Post
    Have we got anyone defensively minded coming up through the ranks? Or we can pinch from Olympiacos?
    Your defensive deficiencies require, I think, an overall defensive effort, positioning and resolve rather than a certain number of new defensively minded players. For example, the fact that Dowell does not participate at pressure to regain possession upfront is a major defensive issue; the fact that Osborne and Bridcutt seem at times too eager to cover the whole field, which leaves their area of responsibility vulnerable is also an issue; the fact that Bouchalakis is so slow is a defensive issue; the fact that your full backs are not very quick in returning to the defence is another defensive issue, etc.

That being said, I cannot recommend any defenders of ours. The ones who seem to be getting little playing time are Alberto Botía, Spanish, 28, solid defender in tight spaces but slow, broken all the time, terrible in open space, on high wages and, in general, someone we're trying to get rid of, Dimitris Nikolaou, 19, too young to solve your problems, and Pape Abou Cissé, French, 22. This last one is an interesting case. A freak of nature, 1,97 m tall, lean, with a great jump and relatively pacy for his height, good with the ball on his feet, we got him for free from a French team and decided to pump him up a little, although he's already muscular enough. I think he deserves more playing time, but in any case you're probably better off with somoene more experienced under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Your defensive deficiencies require, I think, an overall defensive effort, positioning and resolve rather than a certain number of new defensively minded players. For example, the fact that Dowell does not participate at pressure to regain possession upfront is a major defensive issue; the fact that Osborne and Bridcutt seem at times too eager to cover the whole field, which leaves their area of responsibility vulnerable is also an issue; the fact that Bouchalakis is so slow is a defensive issue; the fact that your full backs are not very quick in returning to the defence is another defensive issue, etc.

That being said, I cannot recommend any defenders of ours. The ones who seem to be getting little playing time are Alberto Botía, Spanish, 28, solid defender in tight spaces but slow, broken all the time, terrible in open space, on high wages and, in general, someone we're trying to get rid of, Dimitris Nikolaou, 19, too young to solve your problems, and Pape Abou Cissé, French, 22. This last one is an interesting case. A freak of nature, 1,97 m tall, lean, with a great jump and relatively pacy for his height, good with the ball on his feet, we got him for free from a French team and decided to pump him up a little, although he's already muscular enough. I think he deserves more playing time, but in any case you're probably better off with somoene more experienced under pressure.
    The spanish Jack Hobbs

Our traditional Greek enemy, Panathinaikos, are on the verge of total financial collapse, after many years of mismanagement and insufficient treatment of their huge debt problem. They are trying to sell whatever player they can, cutting deals now for the January transfer window, but pretty soon they will probably be unable to do even that, because players are owed money and have a right to leave for free. We are watching in delight, waiting for them to declare bankruptcy and fall to the third tier of Greek football, possibly as soon as November.

They have some quality players, which would be a good deal getting for free. Some are in positions you will probably be looking for additions in January anyway, such as the Brazilian centre back Rodrigo Moledo. Perhaps Vrentzos should ask McParland if he's interested.

Left Winger

Our traditional Greek enemy, Panathinaikos, are on the verge of total financial collapse, after many years of mismanagement and insufficient treatment of their huge debt problem. They are trying to sell whatever player they can, cutting deals now for the January transfer window, but pretty soon they will probably be unable to do even that, because players are owed money and have a right to leave for free. We are watching in delight, waiting for them to declare bankruptcy and fall to the third tier of Greek football, possibly as soon as November.

They have some quality players, which would be a good deal getting for free. Some are in positions you will probably be looking for additions in January anyway, such as the Brazilian centre back Rodrigo Moledo. Perhaps Vrentzos should ask McParland if he's interested.
    Would that not leave Olympiakos as an even bigger fish in an even smaller pond though?

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Would that not leave Olympiakos as an even bigger fish in an even smaller pond though?
    Normally, I'm the annoying Olympiacos fan who points out to other Olympiacos fans that we need a stronger competition and therefore we should wish that other Greek teams get stronger and better.

For Panathinaikos I make an exception. I cannot help it, it is in our DNA.

Left Winger

Normally, I'm the annoying Olympiacos fan who points out to other Olympiacos fans that we need a stronger competition and therefore we should wish that other Greek teams get stronger and better.

For Panathinaikos I make an exception. I cannot help it, it is in our DNA.
    Nothing wrong with that.

I suspect few of us on here would shed any tears if Derby were relegated, for example.

Devils favourite advocate

Nothing wrong with that.

I suspect few of us on here would shed any tears if Derby were relegated, for example.
    My cock would be erect for months

Nothing wrong with that.

V true but I do look forward to the home and away fixtures each season

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    V true but I do look forward to the home and away fixtures each season
    I don't wish any ill on Derby, just no success.
    If Liverpool, Leeds or West Ham ceased to exist tomorrow however, I think that I would still be laughing this time next year.

Personally I'd actually love to see us, Derby and all the local-ish teams like Sheff U, Wendies etc. back in the Prem.

Practically it means you've more away games which you can potentially get to. Then there'd likely be more of a focus on the surrounding area, so (theoretically) more chance of local businesses benefitting from the silly money in football & offshoots of the corporate side of it. I'd much sooner have all that Southern & Manc cash flowing our way & feeding opportunists around here.

And spiritually I just love seeing the surrounding area do well, as opposed to the more greed/celeb/flake vibe which is born out the South.

So long as Derby ain't above us that's the main thing.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Among the many teams supposedly interested in young international goalkeeper Dean Henderson (he belongs to Manchester United, he plays for Shrewsbury, his contract with United expires in the summer), one reads the names both of Olympiacos and of Forest.

That should be interesting.

Among the many teams supposedly interested in young international goalkeeper Dean Henderson (he belongs to Manchester United, he plays for Shrewsbury, his contract with United expires in the summer), one reads the names both of Olympiacos and of Forest.

That should be interesting.
    We've got a Henderson you can have.

Red til I'm dead

How the hell would a journalist know that 14 clubs are interested in a player?!

He probably just saw a scouts list from a Shrewsbury game and jumped to conclusions.

They are top of the league though, so it’s no surprise scouts are watching their games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    We've got a Henderson you can have.
    I'd rather have Darius than Stephen.

I'd rather have Darius in goal than Stephen. I'd rather bump in to Stephen in a bistro on New Year's Eve though.

I'd rather have the clap than Darius.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I'd rather have the clap than Darius.
    Which more or less shows my appreciation for Stephen.