Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1270
  1. #1226
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Also I'd bet my bottom dollar traore plays less than half the games this season.

    Gobias......... Are you always this pessimistic? I hope he plays every game as he can be a class act.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #1227
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    13,442

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Nottingham Forest are a football club that has been mismanaged since, well, almost the day it was founded.

    The only reason they achieved success was because of two men 40 years ago.

    They are long gone now and the last three ownerships have been, for a variety of reasons, utter disasters that have left the club as perennial 'Championship' strugglers.

    For the first time in 50, if not 100 years they seem to have an owner/manager that show a modicum of competence.

    That some seem to think that 20 years of total clusterfuck can be turned round in 4 months says more about modern society than it does the current owners.

    The mere suggestion that we should be challenging towards the top of the table is not only laughable but puts unrealistic expectations in the minds of supporters who have spent the last three years hoping we don't get relegated.

    Celebrate that we now seem to have a future rather than concentrate on what we can't yet do.


  4. #1228

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    I may be dead tomorrow...I want success yesterday


  5. #1229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SHAQUE D'AMOUR
    Posts
    8,393

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Nottingham Forest are a football club that has been mismanaged since, well, almost the day it was founded.

    The only reason they achieved success was because of two men 40 years ago.

    They are long gone now and the last three ownerships have been, for a variety of reasons, utter disasters that have left the club as perennial 'Championship' strugglers.

    For the first time in 50, if not 100 years they seem to have an owner/manager that show a modicum of competence.

    That some seem to think that 20 years of total clusterfuck can be turned round in 4 months says more about modern society than it does the current owners.

    The mere suggestion that we should be challenging towards the top of the table is not only laughable but puts unrealistic expectations in the minds of supporters who have spent the last three years hoping we don't get relegated.

    Celebrate that we now seem to have a future rather than concentrate on what we can't yet do.
    That's note entirely true from the mid fifities to the late sixties we were very stable and well managed. Under Walker and and Carey we were both well managed and succesful but if it suits your argument to ignore that period then go for it.

    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  6. #1230
    oopsy daisy!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    On a longship close by
    Posts
    13,442

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    That's note entirely true from the mid fifities to the late sixties we were very stable and well managed. Under Walker and and Carey we were both well managed and succesful but if it suits your argument to ignore that period then go for it.
    I'm more than happy to allow that era

    In my view it really doesn't detract from the point I am trying to make at all


  7. #1231
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,435

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    We were reasonably well run* until the game was bought by Murdoch in 1993 to become the rich man's plaything it is today.



    *notwithstanding that two of our ex-chairmen were jailed for extra-curricular misdemeanours, and another very arrogantly challenged the media to "prove" that he'd been up to no good within the club.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 05-09-17 at 15:18.

  8. #1232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Nottingham/Lincoln
    Posts
    3,282

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Interesting that MW hasn't completely ruled out free agents. Be interested to know what 'keepers are available and may reduce their wage demands as the season drags on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  9. #1233
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,674

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Lindegard


  10. #1234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,052

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Lindegard
    You would assume he will be putting a word in Robles ear to get his deal mutually terminated too.


  11. #1235
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,674

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Here's a link of all out of contract goalkeepers according to transfermarkt.

    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=alle&yt0=Show


  12. #1236
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,819

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Here's a link of all out of contract goalkeepers according to transfermarkt.

    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=alle&yt0=Show
    I'd say take Lindegaard but he was awful at Preston apparently


  13. #1237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,819

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    How against the rules would it be for Olympiakos to release a keeper and then we end up signing them?


  14. #1238
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,674

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    You could probably build a half decent team out of this lot, the trouble is why are they without a club and wage demands.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stat...agslosespieler


  15. #1239
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    1,177

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    How against the rules would it be for Olympiakos to release a keeper and then we end up signing them?
    The funny thing is we had a keeper to spare. Much like Forest, our manager was not entirely happy with our number one keeper (Stefanos Kapino, 23, nine months younger than Smith) -with good reason if you ask me- and on the last hour of the transfer window, we brought in Silvio Proto from Oostende, in order to have a mature backup, just as you signed Federici as a mature backup for Smith.

    This meant that we had to release our no 2 keeper, Andreas Gianniotis (25 in three months), because it was too late to loan him out once more. He signed for another Greek team (for free, not as a loan). If you ask me, Giannotis is better than Kapino. Good reflexes, good outside his goalpost, not bad in distribution. I'm sure he was not offered to you because MW wanted a seasoned veteran rather than someone at his prime.


  16. #1240
    Purveyor of exotic goods
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    LDN
    Posts
    414

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    You could probably build a half decent team out of this lot, the trouble is why are they without a club and wage demands.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stat...agslosespieler
    Out of that lot, Bassong and Chico both are CB's with plenty of UK experience, don't know enough about them to know if they are ball playing CB's that we imagine MW is after though?
    or if they are massive and brittle Rich Tea biscuits...


  17. #1241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    What's Al Rashidi up to these days?


  18. #1242
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Andover, Hants
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    So the conclusion seems to be that there is not really any better option out there at GK or CB. In which case, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to stop whining and support our current players. They all have their limitations, be it ability or experience, but they all give 100% and none seem limited in character or effort. That'll do for me....for now.


  19. #1243

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    I'm pretty sure even if Everton did release Robles for example, we couldn't sign him yet, as they have to be unregistered before the transfer window closes. So we can only sign one who was already without a club before the window closed.


  20. #1244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,052

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    So the conclusion seems to be that there is not really any better option out there at GK or CB. In which case, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to stop whining and support our current players. They all have their limitations, be it ability or experience, but they all give 100% and none seem limited in character or effort. That'll do for me....for now.
    This! Unless Robles is released we have to deal with Smith or Henderson.

    Honestly the closing of the emergency loan window is a pain in the arse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I'm pretty sure even if Everton did release Robles for example, we couldn't sign him yet, as they have to be unregistered before the transfer window closes. So we can only sign one who was already without a club before the window closed.
    Did not know this, damn.


  21. #1245
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    I would take Kirchhoff and Bassong all day long


  22. #1246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,055

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I would take Kirchhoff and Bassong all day long
    Really?

    Bassong could be worth a second look, but Kirchoff is woeful.

    There'd be more than a hint of desperation behind either signing.


  23. #1247
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wrexham
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Really?

    Bassong could be worth a second look, but Kirchoff is woeful.

    There'd be more than a hint of desperation behind either signing.
    Definitely desperation there because we are looking at Fred's saying that my dad is a Sunderland fan and watching Kirchhoff with him the season allardyce was there he was class. One of the reasons they were so solid at the back.


  24. #1248
    Red til I'm dead
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,528

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Kirchoff is class but he's had a serious injury every single year of his career. Only reason Sunderland got him so cheap. He's a biscuit


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


  25. #1249
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Loughborough
    Posts
    1,085

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Here's a link of all out of contract goalkeepers according to transfermarkt.

    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=alle&yt0=Show
    Let's just go for the bloke with the sunglasses - should be a laff !

    Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

  26. #1250
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Stockton, California
    Posts
    10,751

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    What's Al Rashidi up to these days?
    He was better than the goalkeepers ahead of him.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •