Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1270

Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    Also I'd bet my bottom dollar traore plays less than half the games this season.

Gobias......... Are you always this pessimistic? I hope he plays every game as he can be a class act.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

oopsy daisy!

Nottingham Forest are a football club that has been mismanaged since, well, almost the day it was founded.

The only reason they achieved success was because of two men 40 years ago.

They are long gone now and the last three ownerships have been, for a variety of reasons, utter disasters that have left the club as perennial 'Championship' strugglers.

For the first time in 50, if not 100 years they seem to have an owner/manager that show a modicum of competence.

That some seem to think that 20 years of total clusterfuck can be turned round in 4 months says more about modern society than it does the current owners.

The mere suggestion that we should be challenging towards the top of the table is not only laughable but puts unrealistic expectations in the minds of supporters who have spent the last three years hoping we don't get relegated.

Celebrate that we now seem to have a future rather than concentrate on what we can't yet do.

I may be dead tomorrow...I want success yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Nottingham Forest are a football club that has been mismanaged since, well, almost the day it was founded.

The only reason they achieved success was because of two men 40 years ago.

They are long gone now and the last three ownerships have been, for a variety of reasons, utter disasters that have left the club as perennial 'Championship' strugglers.

For the first time in 50, if not 100 years they seem to have an owner/manager that show a modicum of competence.

That some seem to think that 20 years of total clusterfuck can be turned round in 4 months says more about modern society than it does the current owners.

The mere suggestion that we should be challenging towards the top of the table is not only laughable but puts unrealistic expectations in the minds of supporters who have spent the last three years hoping we don't get relegated.

Celebrate that we now seem to have a future rather than concentrate on what we can't yet do.
    That's note entirely true from the mid fifities to the late sixties we were very stable and well managed. Under Walker and and Carey we were both well managed and succesful but if it suits your argument to ignore that period then go for it.

I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

oopsy daisy!

Quote Originally Posted by alabamared View Post
    That's note entirely true from the mid fifities to the late sixties we were very stable and well managed. Under Walker and and Carey we were both well managed and succesful but if it suits your argument to ignore that period then go for it.
    I'm more than happy to allow that era

In my view it really doesn't detract from the point I am trying to make at all

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

We were reasonably well run* until the game was bought by Murdoch in 1993 to become the rich man's plaything it is today.

*notwithstanding that two of our ex-chairmen were jailed for extra-curricular misdemeanours, and another very arrogantly challenged the media to "prove" that he'd been up to no good within the club.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 05-09-17 at 15:18.

Interesting that MW hasn't completely ruled out free agents. Be interested to know what 'keepers are available and may reduce their wage demands as the season drags on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Lindegard

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    Lindegard
    You would assume he will be putting a word in Robles ear to get his deal mutually terminated too.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Here's a link of all out of contract goalkeepers according to transfermarkt.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=alle&yt0=Show

I'd say take Lindegaard but he was awful at Preston apparently

How against the rules would it be for Olympiakos to release a keeper and then we end up signing them?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

You could probably build a half decent team out of this lot, the trouble is why are they without a club and wage demands.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stat...agslosespieler

Quote Originally Posted by Masuka View Post
    How against the rules would it be for Olympiakos to release a keeper and then we end up signing them?
    The funny thing is we had a keeper to spare. Much like Forest, our manager was not entirely happy with our number one keeper (Stefanos Kapino, 23, nine months younger than Smith) -with good reason if you ask me- and on the last hour of the transfer window, we brought in Silvio Proto from Oostende, in order to have a mature backup, just as you signed Federici as a mature backup for Smith.

This meant that we had to release our no 2 keeper, Andreas Gianniotis (25 in three months), because it was too late to loan him out once more. He signed for another Greek team (for free, not as a loan). If you ask me, Giannotis is better than Kapino. Good reflexes, good outside his goalpost, not bad in distribution. I'm sure he was not offered to you because MW wanted a seasoned veteran rather than someone at his prime.

Purveyor of exotic goods

You could probably build a half decent team out of this lot, the trouble is why are they without a club and wage demands.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stat...agslosespieler
    Out of that lot, Bassong and Chico both are CB's with plenty of UK experience, don't know enough about them to know if they are ball playing CB's that we imagine MW is after though?
    or if they are massive and brittle Rich Tea biscuits...

What's Al Rashidi up to these days?

So the conclusion seems to be that there is not really any better option out there at GK or CB. In which case, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to stop whining and support our current players. They all have their limitations, be it ability or experience, but they all give 100% and none seem limited in character or effort. That'll do for me....for now.

I'm pretty sure even if Everton did release Robles for example, we couldn't sign him yet, as they have to be unregistered before the transfer window closes. So we can only sign one who was already without a club before the window closed.

Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    So the conclusion seems to be that there is not really any better option out there at GK or CB. In which case, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to stop whining and support our current players. They all have their limitations, be it ability or experience, but they all give 100% and none seem limited in character or effort. That'll do for me....for now.
    This! Unless Robles is released we have to deal with Smith or Henderson.

Honestly the closing of the emergency loan window is a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    I'm pretty sure even if Everton did release Robles for example, we couldn't sign him yet, as they have to be unregistered before the transfer window closes. So we can only sign one who was already without a club before the window closed.
    Did not know this, damn.

I would take Kirchhoff and Bassong all day long

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    I would take Kirchhoff and Bassong all day long
    Really?

Bassong could be worth a second look, but Kirchoff is woeful.

There'd be more than a hint of desperation behind either signing.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Really?

Bassong could be worth a second look, but Kirchoff is woeful.

There'd be more than a hint of desperation behind either signing.
    Definitely desperation there because we are looking at Fred's saying that my dad is a Sunderland fan and watching Kirchhoff with him the season allardyce was there he was class. One of the reasons they were so solid at the back.

Red til I'm dead

Kirchoff is class but he's had a serious injury every single year of his career. Only reason Sunderland got him so cheap. He's a biscuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just go for the bloke with the sunglasses - should be a laff !

Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    What's Al Rashidi up to these days?
    He was better than the goalkeepers ahead of him.