Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

Quote Originally Posted by Ok SpidermAndy! View Post
    Strong talk of FFP, let's not get to excited.
    Warburton being savy and aware of FFP is a good thing he's said he has got his 4/5 key targets and obviously they fit within our means so that's good enough for me.

He also mentioned in his interviews yesterday that he'd like them in as early as possible before June 22nd so they get a full preseason with the side and then he can use the loan market later on if he wants to.

Teams have proven that you don't always need to spend a huge amount, looking at Huddersfield as an example this season they spent net £2.5m and went from 17th in the league last season to 5th this season they also bought in a good mix of free transfers and loans, hopefully we'll follow a similar blueprint. Aston Villa, on the other hand, are an example of how not to do it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

So far we have finished lower than the previous season 5 years running, and we missed relegation on goal difference on the last day.

And apart from the loans who really didn't feature at the end of the season under MW, the only player to leave so far id Nico, and we have re-signed our dynamic midfield duo. Take now that maybe we can bring in three or four new players, well

Old saying: if you keep doing the same thing (with the same players in our case), guess what, the result will be the same.

Unless much bigger changes ahead, mid table at the very best next year.

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post
    Unless much bigger changes ahead, mid table at the very best next year.
    Mid-table would represent a good season and a solid improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Mid-table would represent a good season and a solid improvement.
    Mid table is fine with me if it is achieved by blooding the best of our youth team players, improving the spine of the current side, buying in improving talent, and moving the wasters another year closer to leaving the club. Think Paul Hart's first season as a blueprint (even if that was financially driven).

I hope all the people happy with mid-table now actually mean it though. We know there will be a large chunk of people wanting him out if we are 12th in January.

Hopefully, this season has been a wake-up call to those fans on what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    I hope all the people happy with mid-table now actually mean it though. We know there will be a large chunk of people wanting him out if we are 12th in January.

I think the penny will have dropped with even the most moronic fan after the scare we had this season.

Think Warburton will get more latitude with his enjoyable football though. Without making excuses for the dimwits who want constant change, it hasnt always been easy to bite your tongue whilst playing rubbish & largely unsuccessful football over the last few years.

I couldnt care where we finish as long as it represents an improvement & things stabilise off the pitch.

Warburton needs to avoid the long losing streaks to have a chance at a good go at it.

I don't know whether he will succeed or not, but EM will not put the barrier juat in the mid-table.
    Of course it will take some time for restructuring and stabilising the club but the goal will be higher I believe if I understand him enough

We know the goal is going to be mid-table, the problem is sometimes you need mid-table to let a manager build something.

We have been on the verge of the play-offs a few times under our current owner; al-Hasawi, and all those managers have been sacked whilst trying to build something.

As long as you can see clear progression, a manager shouldn't be sacked and mid-table next year will probably be clear progression.

We know the goal is going to be mid-table, the problem is sometimes you need mid-table to let a manager build something.

We have been on the verge of the play-offs a few times under our current owner; al-Hasawi, and all those managers have been sacked whilst trying to build something.

As long as you can see clear progression, a manager shouldn't be sacked and mid-table next year will probably be clear progression.
    You bring tears to me. I couldn't agree more. However, progression is not just a matter of final position. It is more a matter of performances, improvement of players, stability, discipline etc

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    I don't know whether he will succeed or not, but EM will not put the barrier juat in the mid-table.
    Of course it will take some time for restructuring and stabilising the club but the goal will be higher I believe if I understand him enough
    Business-wise, the ultimate goal is certainly promotion to the Premier and staying there, without a doubt. If he believes (or Warburton has convinced him, or a look at the financial situation has convinced him, or FFP regulations have convinced him, etc.), that it is safer to go through a period of stability, gradual progress, and building a specific team character, then he will have no problem waiting.

If one combines Warburton's insistence on FFP, the fact that he has agreed things with him, and that he says he needs only 4-5 players, then the latter scenario seems more probable.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Business-wise, the ultimate goal is certainly promotion to the Premier and staying there, without a doubt. If he believes (or Warburton has convinced him, or a look at the financial situation has convinced him, or FFP regulations have convinced him, etc.), that it is safer to go through a period of stability, gradual progress, and building a specific team character, then he will have no problem waiting.

If one combines Warburton's insistence on FFP, the fact that he has agreed things with him, and that he says he needs only 4-5 players, then the latter scenario seems more probable.
    4-5 players and perhaps a couple of more from the loan market later on, can make serious difference, if these are really good signings

I hope so, insistence of promotion straight away is daft in this league. We've seen that for the last few years. Not just us either, Villa probably being the most recent example.

#Samuel4Mod #StrongAndStableModeration

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I hope so, insistence of promotion straight away is daft in this league. We've seen that for the last few years. Not just us either, Villa probably being the most recent example.
    Like I said, I don't know British football very well (especially the Championship). In any case, I expect the goals of the new administration to be clearly and realistically stated from the beginning (should of course the ehm imminent, no, just around the corner, its head is popping out, oh well probable takeover occur).

Like I said, I don't know British football very well (especially the Championship). In any case, I expect the goals of the new administration to be clearly and realistically stated from the beginning (should of course the ehm imminent, no, just around the corner, its head is popping out, oh well probable takeover occur).
    Wasn't trying to cast doubts on your knowledge of the Championship, please accept my apologies.

Sadly I think we've seen it all before, rushing to get somewhere we aren't ready for. A lot of work has to be done on and off the pitch before there's an even realistic chance of promotion in my opinion.

I'm sure the guys possibly (maybe, hopefully) know the deal having been in charge of a football club before, the best thing NFFC need right now is to end a season with a manager we started with. Patience is the key, I think. If it takes 3/5/10 years then that's fine.

Wasn't trying to cast doubts on your knowledge of the Championship, please accept my apologies.
    There's no need for apologies, especially since I really don't know much about the Championship.

I don't believe that you ll face something like that. An obsession to promote right away.
    EM knows how hard this is. He is very realistic. At least what your manager stated today shows a lot.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I think the penny will have dropped with even the most moronic fan after the scare we had this season.
    Your joking arent you?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Anybody who thinks we will be challenging for promotion, next season, is being unbelievably optimistic about out beloved Forest. We only survived this season by the narrowest of margins. We also had our worst away record for 90 odd years. How will that suddenly improve? I definitely think Warburton is the man to lead us but he's got to convince 4 or 5 players that a team that finished 21st is one that is going places and he has to offload a pile of dross as well. He has got a massive job on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    Anybody who thinks we will be challenging for promotion, next season, is being unbelievably optimistic about out beloved Forest. We only survived this season by the narrowest of margins. We also had our worst away record for 90 odd years. How will that suddenly improve? I definitely think Warburton is the man to lead us but he's got to convince 4 or 5 players that a team that finished 21st is one that is going places and he has to offload a pile of dross as well. He has got a massive job on his hands.
    What are you talking about mate, it's the natural cycle.

Finish the season with optimism, builds up in pre-season, we have a decent start and it builds even more, we then finish mid-table and the manager gets sacked because of inflated expectation.

It's the Forest way!

What are you talking about mate, it's the natural cycle.

Finish the season with optimism, builds up in pre-season, we have a decent start and it builds even more, we then finish mid-table and the manager gets sacked because of inflated expectation.

It's the Forest way!
    You reeeeddddsssss

Not only will mid-table be a far better & enjoyable season from a viewing perspective, but it also allows me to keep reminding all you who said we'd get better than Davies that we still haven't (yet), despite this being our 12th attempt to.

The enjoyment is where you find it

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 17-05-17 at 15:02.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Not everybody suggested we would get better, but better to remove a cancer while it's eating away at you than leaving it in there to do more damage.

What have you done, Rzarecteh.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I don't know. I instantly regret it.

I don't know. I instantly regret it.