Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 1253
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,212

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I seriously don't see MW getting loans in, he'll prefer to develop our talents with a mix of signings too i suspect.
    He said in an interview on Forest Player he's keen on using the loan market.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,258

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    We need to get in quality first and foremost as we've been getting in far too many back up standard players.

    Not necessarily big money signings but savvy astute signings as we won't improve if we keep filling our squad with shite like we have done over the last few years by relying on agents such as Jarman to help fuck things right up.

    Apart from a small few I'm not bothered who goes.

    Whilst I like the style of Warburton it will take time to build a squad and get the players in we need whilst doing it on a budget.

    We could easily be no better than mid table next season and I bet plenty fucking moan about it.

    Forest fans are their own worst enemy and I'm already getting the high expectations feeling from a few.

    I'm all for aiming high and being optimistic but it leads to a lot of disappointment if you're not realistic and any improvement would be a blessing after this year.

    Warburton has a huge amount of work to do at the club and is a big task to turn around a side so very nearly relegated.

    A few tweaks has been suggested as all that's needed but I'm not so sure

    A push for promotion would be amazing and I'd love a top 6 finish however it would take one hell of a turn around to do it in the space of a few months.


  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    We could easily be no better than mid table next season and I bet plenty fucking moan about it.

    Forest fans are their own worst enemy and I'm already getting the high expectations feeling from a few.
    I've seen people on Twitter saying how disappointing it'd be for us to 'limp to a midtable finish next season', it's gobsmacking.


  5. #29
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington
    Posts
    57,607

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Cretins.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    We need to get in quality first and foremost as we've been getting in far too many back up standard players.

    Not necessarily big money signings but savvy astute signings as we won't improve if we keep filling our squad with shite like we have done over the last few years by relying on agents such as Jarman to help fuck things right up.

    Apart from a small few I'm not bothered who goes.

    Whilst I like the style of Warburton it will take time to build a squad and get the players in we need whilst doing it on a budget.

    We could easily be no better than mid table next season and I bet plenty fucking moan about it.

    Forest fans are their own worst enemy and I'm already getting the high expectations feeling from a few.

    I'm all for aiming high and being optimistic but it leads to a lot of disappointment if you're not realistic and any improvement would be a blessing after this year.

    Warburton has a huge amount of work to do at the club and is a big task to turn around a side so very nearly relegated.

    A few tweaks has been suggested as all that's needed but I'm not so sure

    A push for promotion would be amazing and I'd love a top 6 finish however it would take one hell of a turn around to do it in the space of a few months.
    i think we have a core of very strong players and a decent CDM would allow it to tick over, think vaughan needs to be replaced with a younger version of himself (anel?) and some of the youngster need to settle down but the appoinment of the warburton set up means they are familiar with each other and can hit the floor running. agree i want a mid table finish but bring more of the youth through and get a settled regular starting 11 rather then spending a great deal, if we spend big promotion expected and wanted by everyone.


  7. #31

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    I've seen people on Twitter saying how disappointing it'd be for us to 'limp to a midtable finish next season', it's gobsmacking.
    Tell those c*nts to fuck off and support a glory team.

    Anything above 21st is an improvement. I'll be happy with that, especially if we see some good football in the home games especially.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,044

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    One thing we need to address is why we are so pathetic away from home!! That record of 2 away wins simply nearly cost us relegation! I'd just like a midtable finish with some wins against the big boys again.


  9. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    5,592

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    I've seen people on Twitter saying how disappointing it'd be for us to 'limp to a midtable finish next season', it's gobsmacking.
    http://www.nottinghampost.com/we-hav...7-detail/story.

    Its fucking mental, but articles like this won't help the cause. Granted we won't sell may season tickets off the back of mid table aspirations, but setting the bar that high is inviting trouble from the outset.



    .


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    http://www.nottinghampost.com/we-hav...7-detail/story.

    Its fucking mental, but articles like this won't help the cause. Granted we won't sell may season tickets off the back of mid table aspirations, but setting the bar that high is inviting trouble from the outset.



    .
    I understand the optimism and welcome it but the fans should still manage their expectations, finishing midtable next time round isn't a negative thing, it's not a limp.


  11. #35
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34,804

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by J'Psycho'C66 View Post
    I've seen people on Twitter saying how disappointing it'd be for us to 'limp to a midtable finish next season', it's gobsmacking.
    If these idiots on Twitter found a different hobby and Warburton and co are allowed to do the job they can do...i genuinely believe we wont be limping anywhere.


  12. #36
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,036

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Anything over 51 points and 21st is an improvement.


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,104

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Barnsley have had to release a couple of midfielders today who want to move - Marley Watkins and Josh Scowen.

    Both played for a side who were full of youthful exuberance, and have good stats from the season. Be interesting to see where they go.


  14. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    2,761

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Barnsley have had to release a couple of midfielders today who want to move - Marley Watkins and Josh Scowen.

    Both played for a side who were full of youthful exuberance, and have good stats from the season. Be interesting to see where they go.
    Watkins is a good player, 10 goals and 9 assists for them this season. Think he was the one who got sent off for treading on Lam when we played Barnsley? I'm guessing there will be a right battle on to sign him.


  15. #39
    Jonny Metgod is my hero
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Exiled in the sarf
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    I would keep (and promote):
    Smith
    Evtimov
    Gabriel
    Lichaj
    Pinillos
    Traore
    Mancienne
    Iacovitti
    Ahmedozic
    Lam
    Ariyibi
    Carayol
    Ward
    Clough
    Brereton
    Assombalonga
    Vellios

    Don't care about the rest. Time for some new faces.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,183

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    We need a right back, left back (assuming Pinillos goes), 2 midfielders (playmaker and midfield general) and a winger. A commanding, experienced centre back would be nice too. If we add quality to these areas and hang onto our better players, we should do alright next season.


  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.
    Posts
    7,285

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post
    I would keep (and promote):
    Smith
    Evtimov
    Gabriel
    Lichaj
    Pinillos
    Traore
    Mancienne
    Iacovitti
    Ahmedozic
    Lam
    Ariyibi
    Carayol
    Ward
    Clough
    Brereton
    Assombalonga
    Vellios

    Don't care about the rest. Time for some new faces.
    Bit harsh on Chris Cohen, to be released immediately after he's signed a new contract, let alone Benny after missing barely minutes of the entire season.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 13-05-17 at 21:22.

  18. #42
    Jonny Metgod is my hero
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Exiled in the sarf
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Bit harsh on Chris Cohen, to be released immediately after he's signed a new contract, let alone Benny after missing barely minutes of the entire season.
    You're right. Cohen did score his first home goal in 6 years or something. And Osborn ran around a lot but that's what I'm keeping Ward for.


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    5,592

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post
    And Osborn ran around a lot but that's what I'm keeping Ward for.
    Benny got 4 goals & 7 assists whilst playing out of position.


  20. #44
    Jonny Metgod is my hero
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Exiled in the sarf
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Benny got 4 goals & 7 assists whilst playing out of position.
    What's his best position?


  21. #45
    Doesn't like Joe Worrall
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    34,804

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post
    What's his best position?
    Anal

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk


  22. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,543

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Anal

    Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
    No Osborn.


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    5,592

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhooker View Post
    What's his best position?
    For the record, Id say central midfield, he's expressed a preference to play there.

    His stats are still decent though, certainly don't warrant getting rid of a player who has the tools to play the Warburton way.


  24. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    978

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    According to the Nottingham Post article, Warburton has been given the green light "by the potential new owners" to make three or four new additions. I would be greatly surprised if the number was that small, unless the manager really insists on such a small number.


  25. #49
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,036

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Strong talk of FFP, let's not get to excited.


  26. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,492

    Default Re: My Big Fat Greek Rebuilding

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    Bit harsh on Chris Cohen, to be released immediately after he's signed a new contract, let alone Benny after missing barely minutes of the entire season.
    I fuckin hear ya

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •