Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2228

Thread: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Dinosaur Prick

Default Re: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Is the average for the whole league or just Rangers players? As with them being one of the top teams, I’m guessing their defence have less to deal with and find it easier to do the short passing game due to the midfield being more dominant. You put a shit midfield into the equation, your defence is making more tackles and blocks and the passes and accuracy drops.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Is the average for the whole league or just Rangers players? As with them being one of the top teams, I’m guessing their defence have less to deal with and find it easier to do the short passing game due to the midfield being more dominant. You put a shit midfield into the equation, your defence is making more tackles and blocks and the passes and accuracy drops.
    I know what you mean. Median is for the whole league.

I wouldn't have Worrall or Yates starting, but they are both useful as 3rd/4th choice for their positions. It's nice to have local players at the club as well in my opinion.

Stats only give you part of the picture, but a figure of about 12% for defensive duels won is a worry!

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    I certainly do mate. Wyscout is the present and the future.

It highlighted everything I thought on Joe with his strengths & what he needs to work on.
    Maybe a thread dedicated to it come season start for the whole squad if you can be arsed?

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andover red View Post
    Stats only give you part of the picture, but a figure of about 12% for defensive duels won is a worry!
    It is a concern to a point. My main concern is aerial duels. Having seen a lot of him 1 v 1 & he knows how to manage that limitation if he can (wise head on his shoulders) but it only becomes a major issue if there is loads of space in behind which hopefully we don't allow to happen which I don't think we will.

His main strength defensively is interceptions , blocks and tackles. Part of a back 3 I think he will blossom with guys like Milosevic, Benalouane & co doing more the dirty work. Him, Figuiredo & Robinson play out.

He has a massive task ahead of them though and I think he said it himself he is up for the challenge of proving himself again which I am sure he is. I really want to see him back to how he was playing under Warburton where he was immense I thought at times. There were signs of it at Rangers. Something not spoken of but he is lean and tall - I really hope our sports science team have individual programmes and take it seriously. I think Worrall needs some upper-body strength still which will only aid his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    It is a concern to a point. My main concern is aerial duels. Having seen a lot of him 1 v 1 & he knows how to manage that limitation if he can (wise head on his shoulders) but it only becomes a major issue if there is loads of space in behind which hopefully we don't allow to happen which I don't think we will.

His main strength defensively is interceptions , blocks and tackles. Part of a back 3 I think he will blossom with guys like Milosevic, Benalouane & co doing more the dirty work. Him, Figuiredo & Robinson play out.

He has a massive task ahead of them though and I think he said it himself he is up for the challenge of proving himself again which I am sure he is. I really want to see him back to how he was playing under Warburton where he was immense I thought at times. There were signs of it at Rangers. Something not spoken of but he is lean and tall - I really hope our sports science team have individual programmes and take it seriously. I think Worrall needs some upper-body strength still which will only aid his strengths.
    Agree with you about his physique, and how good he looked under Warburton. One of his problems back then was wily forwards used to give him a nudge before the ball arrived which could affect him. A year or so older and hopefully that will be less apparent.

Best served cold

He's certainly more than good enough for a back up role. I reckon MON will favour Dawson, if fit, for one of the spots and then it's any other from a strong bunch depending on fitness.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Playing against lg1 and lg2 standard forwards for the most part should have toughened him up. Playing at home with big crowds should have helped also.

He's coming back with mixed reviews as were his reviews when he went out on loan.

Got a lot to do preseason to show he's learned and progressed Imo.

Hope he has progressed and the loan worked

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

I guess Joe's only young but he's tall but looks pretty slender with it, which is tricky (unlike Yates who's as tall and the same age but physically stronger, albeit in a less physical position).

So, whilst you're largely OK to be a tall centre back against academy forwards, who are likely at a similar level of not-filled-out, against big senior strikers (who are, and have the game smarts too) you're still easy pickings.

You don't see as many young centre backs making it for the same reason - Dawson is a good comparison, and he was aerially dominant but not so physically imposing at a similar age in the same way.

I'd loan Joe out for the season to League 1. He can play all season against the hoofball striker lumps and learn how to deal with them, because it's his main weakness. By that time he'll be almost 23 and probably have toughed out a bit physically as well.

By that point, we'll know if he is good enough for us.

I like Worrall, and was a little disappointed when he got sent out on loan. I don't think - at this particular moment - that I'd want to have him as first choice for a potential promotion pushing team but I'm more than happy to have him as a backup CB. Would still place Daws, Figs and Milosevic ahead of him but if we play three at the back then we're going to need all the decent CBs we can get. He also absolutely adores the club, you don't see many people who go out on loan spells and give a definitive "I'm not here for a permanent deal, I want to win my place back at my parent club" type answers when asked.

The Clapham Crusader

Not good enough for a first team place in a promotion-chasing side, and probably not good enough from the PL either should we get there

So Forest-wise he's a bit of a busted flush

Dinosaur Prick

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Not good enough for a first team place in a promotion-chasing side, and probably not good enough from the PL either should we get there
    A lot like Wes ‘League 1 standard’ Morgan then.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post

So Forest-wise he's a bit of a busted flush
    Probably the siphon

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

A lot like Wes ‘League 1 standard’ Morgan then.
    For a lot of his time at Forest Wes Morgan didn’t even look league 1 standard so it was understandable he was criticized, he did however in his late 20s develop into a fine PL player & fair play to him for winning a PL title

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    For a lot of his time at Forest Wes Morgan didn’t even look league 1 standard so it was understandable he was criticized, he did however in his late 20s develop into a fine PL player & fair play to him for winning a PL title
    He looked fucking wank here at times especially when he had time to think.... everything just went to shit.

As you allude to Leicester made him the player he could be, not us, we just kept him warm for them.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Dinosaur Prick

Disagree. Was always a consistent and solid defender who played to his strengths and applied the same logic in the league above.

Senior Curmudgeon

Disagree. Was always a consistent and solid defender who played to his strengths and applied the same logic in the league above.
    I can identify with Barry's assessment of him being poor when given thinking time to be fair.

The Clapham Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    I can identify with Barry's assessment of him being poor when given thinking time to be fair.
    Busted flush mate

Purveyor of exotic goods

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    Whichever way we dice it, the geezer captained Leicester to the league title and not us.
    Hats off...so I can vomit in them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Ask him to head and kick balls away and he was fine but only an insane man could watch him in garibaldi, esoecially running towards his own goal, being chased by an opposition player and be confident he'd got it sorted.

Time to think and he was fucked.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTomato View Post
    Whichever way we dice it, the geezer captained Leicester to the league title and not us.
    Hats off...so I can vomit in them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    And Leicester should genuinely take all the credit for that.

If hed have stayed here he'd still be shinning it out for corners

Dinosaur Prick

Original point still stands. If you have some very good attributes then they can usually hold up at a higher level. Especially so for defenders.

I don’t believe Wes has been much different for Leicester myself anyway. Defensive style and strengths much the same... less crazy dribbles up the pitch though, definitely.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

I can agree with the comments about a younger Morgan, until Davies got ahold of him he looked fairly bog standard. But then Billy found his inner zing, as he does most players, and not long after he's a Prem win Captain.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    I can agree with the comments about a younger Morgan, until Davies got ahold of him he looked fairly bog standard. But then Billy found his inner zing, as he does most players, and not long after he's a Prem win Captain.
    Out of him and Wilson being premier league winners I doubt many would have gone Wes... and those that say they did are lying bastards.