Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1395

Thread: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Default Re: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Hope we can keep Worrall. He's really come on the last couple of months.

Burnley probably would be a really good move for him though. Dyche seems to get the best out of players, particularly defenders.

But hoping Worrall himself feels playing every week for Forest is his best bet right now.

There's clearly a feel good factor around the young lads at the minute. Let's make the most of it, keep tying them down to long term deals, and show them the chances are there when they work hard enough.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

After the sale of Burke I would hope the new owners don't sell off anymore players.
    The £15m from Assombolonga and decent gate receipts should have kept the wolf from the door. Surely.

I'm certainly not naive enough to expect to keep all of our young talented players due to our ongoing financial situation. I would expect some or all of them to go at some point.

I would still be very surprised if Joe Worrall was one of the first out of the door, especially this month.

After Burke I’d hope the players also realise the grass isn’t always greener. No reflection on Ollie as it appears it wasn’t all his decision, but there’s still plenty to learn with regular starts in theChamp and plenty of time for something more illustrious in the future. I hope

Scuse me for being thick but surely the new owners want promotion. Investment not asset stripping has to be the way. Keeping the young players and just adding 2 or 3'won't make that much difference to the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    After the sale of Burke I would hope the new owners don't sell off anymore players.
    The £15m from Assombolonga and decent gate receipts should have kept the wolf from the door. Surely.
    At our worst we were spending 27m a year on wages, thats now gone down significantly, income will be up by gate receipts but only marginally due to all the offers weve had, plus extra staffing required. This year i expect us to be well clear of FFP as we are finally moving away from the years of drastic monetary loss (the 39m over 3 year rule) and if expenditure hasn't gone up from last year we should see a marginal loss of 5-10 million.

One of the things that got me relatively excited by Karanka was the work he could do with Worral. The work he did with Ben Gibson making him a boarderline England international gives me hope he could do similar with Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    At our worst we were spending 27m a year on wages, thats now gone down significantly, income will be up by gate receipts but only marginally due to all the offers weve had, plus extra staffing required. This year i expect us to be well clear of FFP as we are finally moving away from the years of drastic monetary loss (the 39m over 3 year rule) and if expenditure hasn't gone up from last year we should see a marginal loss of 5-10 million.
    Plenty of dross we can sell off to lighten wages further.
    Get rid of the dead wood keep the youngsters. Start with Mills.

Whats Worral's price then??

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

A lot. If we sell him we need to buy two big, strong, quick football playing centre halfs, his price needs to cover at least one.

I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

This kid is still learning but I think he is the real deal.
    Strong. Tall. Good organiser. Getting better the more he plays.

We need to build the team around him and make him captain. Perhaps for next season.
    Bleeds Forest. Could be the new Psycho. Love him!

Bidding starts at 8 figures for me.

Might sound crazy, but like Burke he's young, English and has all the attributes needed to succeed at the top level.

If he was at a Premier League club just breaking through, like Dowell for example, then they wouldn't be selling him for anything less than those 8 figures. Given he's first name in our defence, then that's the benchmark if not more.

My impression is we won't be able to keep him next season if there's interest. We'll take the money and reinvest, choosing instead to keep Osborn, Cash and Brereton. Easier to replace a centre back, theoretically, than the others.

Karanka Mutineer

Agree, hope he can be built around. But despite his obvious passion for the club, I think he seems incredibly driven too. Those types often want to shoot for the top.

That said, only just 21 is young for a CB, and he's only got 64 professional games behind him. Playing weekly in our first team is only going to see him improve.

Furthermore, AK nurtured Ben Gibson and a previously inconsistent Daniel Ayala into two very solid centre-backs. So I think some tutorship from AK who played as a centre-half for Real Madrid, might be worth JW sticking around for a while yet.

He's got the ingredients to go to a very high level though, particularly with his determination/desire. That's the biggest and most impressive standout of these lads Brazil keeps bringing though.

If the player improves under a manager with an attacking bias, just imagine what will transpire under a manager synonymous with defensive planning.

No way would I sell him, he'll be priceless in no time. I know his family, they're pretty grounded & Forest to the core, He's going nowhere is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Bidding starts at 8 figures for me.

Might sound crazy, but like Burke he's young, English and has all the attributes needed to succeed at the top level.

If he was at a Premier League club just breaking through, like Dowell for example, then they wouldn't be selling him for anything less than those 8 figures. Given he's first name in our defence, then that's the benchmark if not more.

My impression is we won't be able to keep him next season if there's interest. We'll take the money and reinvest, choosing instead to keep Osborn, Cash and Brereton. Easier to replace a centre back, theoretically, than the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Agree, hope he can be built around. But despite his obvious passion for the club, I think he seems incredibly driven too. Those types often want to shoot for the top.

That said, only just 21 is young for a CB, and he's only got 64 professional games behind him. Playing weekly in our first team is only going to see him improve.

Furthermore, AK nurtured Ben Gibson and a previously inconsistent Daniel Ayala into two very solid centre-backs. So I think some tutorship from AK who played as a centre-half for Real Madrid, might be worth JW sticking around for a while yet.

He's got the ingredients to go to a very high level though, particularly with his determination/desire. That's the biggest and most impressive standout of these lads Brazil keeps bringing though.
    See I'd disagree that it'll be difficult to hold on to him. He's very good mates with Burke and he'll have seen whats happened to Oli's career since leaving the championship. Plus, as SSM mentions, the lad bleeds garibaldi and I think the chance to take his beloved team into the premiership for the first time in his lifetime might be too much for him to leave behind.

On the flip side, I'd also be looking at Lascelles and thinking about a permanent move with a loan back for the season. But I think his market value only goes up next season (barring a freak injury) so he'd be better placed to negotiate a better wage this time next year if he was to want to leave.

I still can't read Ollie Burke's name without still being gutted.

Especially because I don't think anyone really knows what happened to that money, bar the three awful cheap replacements. Feels like Fawaz took it with him.

Double Post.

Especially because I don't think anyone really knows what happened to that money, bar the three awful cheap replacements. Feels like Fawaz took it with him.
    That money went on wages, Fawaz just didn't have to put as much money into the club.

Too School for Cool

It stayed in the club, but not in any meaningful way. It paid the players' wages, staff salaries and kept the lights on that season after the family back home decided to stop funding Fawaz's vanity project.

If people like Michael Keane or Harry Maguire are worth £20m odd after a few decent seasons in the Championship and then a bit in the Prem, there’s no reason Worrall can’t do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    See I'd disagree that it'll be difficult to hold on to him. He's very good mates with Burke and he'll have seen whats happened to Oli's career since leaving the championship.
    I'll tell you how this one goes, cos it's the same at all workplaces when you get near the top. It's either:

1) I'm better than that guy, so I'm definitely going to accept the gig if given the offer because I know I can outperform.
    2) That guy's not great and he's done alright for himself, even if the job proves outside my capabilities, I'll be set.

People aiming near the top don't turn down the offer when it comes. It doesn't happen.

I'll tell you how this one goes, cos it's the same at all workplaces when you get near the top. It's either:

1) I'm better than that guy, so I'm definitely going to accept the gig if given the offer because I know I can outperform.
    2) That guy's not great and he's done alright for himself, even if the job proves outside my capabilities, I'll be set.

People aiming near the top don't turn down the offer when it comes. It doesn't happen.
    Or you do what I'm doing in my career right now:

Option 3) Stay where I am because my market value is increasing and I haven't hit critical mass yet.

Or you do what I'm doing in my career right now:

Option 3) Stay where I am because my market value is increasing and I haven't hit critical mass yet.
    With respect, I imagine you're not earning £5k a week with an offer on the table from another company for £50k a week.

With respect, I imagine you're not earning £5k a week with an offer on the table from another company for £50k a week.
    It's all relative. If I knew that 100k a week was a year away and I'd get to be the rock a team is built around, then I'd stop on for a year and wait for the best offer.

Left Winger

It's all relative. If I knew that 100k a week was a year away and I'd get to be the rock a team is built around, then I'd stop on for a year and wait for the best offer.
    That is sometimes the way to go - prove yourself and show what you can do, before moving for a better, significantly more lucrative job.

(And yes, I did).

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"