Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
Results 1,001 to 1,011 of 1011

Thread: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Default Re: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

The biting reality is we're still overspending, so will need to balance the books somewhat by selling players for more than we purchase until the wage bill is nipped in the bud.

As it currently stands, we don't have many players who have the sort of value we'd need to receive in order to make the sale worthwhile so we can spread the received money on other players whilst keeping a bit back.

I think we have to prepare ourselves for one of Worrall, Brereton, Osborn or Cash leaving either this month or in Summer.

Karanka Mutineer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hope we can keep Worrall. He's really come on the last couple of months.

Burnley probably would be a really good move for him though. Dyche seems to get the best out of players, particularly defenders.

But hoping Worrall himself feels playing every week for Forest is his best bet right now.

There's clearly a feel good factor around the young lads at the minute. Let's make the most of it, keep tying them down to long term deals, and show them the chances are there when they work hard enough.

After the sale of Burke I would hope the new owners don't sell off anymore players.
    The £15m from Assombolonga and decent gate receipts should have kept the wolf from the door. Surely.

I'm certainly not naive enough to expect to keep all of our young talented players due to our ongoing financial situation. I would expect some or all of them to go at some point.

I would still be very surprised if Joe Worrall was one of the first out of the door, especially this month.

After Burke I’d hope the players also realise the grass isn’t always greener. No reflection on Ollie as it appears it wasn’t all his decision, but there’s still plenty to learn with regular starts in theChamp and plenty of time for something more illustrious in the future. I hope

Scuse me for being thick but surely the new owners want promotion. Investment not asset stripping has to be the way. Keeping the young players and just adding 2 or 3'won't make that much difference to the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    After the sale of Burke I would hope the new owners don't sell off anymore players.
    The £15m from Assombolonga and decent gate receipts should have kept the wolf from the door. Surely.
    At our worst we were spending 27m a year on wages, thats now gone down significantly, income will be up by gate receipts but only marginally due to all the offers weve had, plus extra staffing required. This year i expect us to be well clear of FFP as we are finally moving away from the years of drastic monetary loss (the 39m over 3 year rule) and if expenditure hasn't gone up from last year we should see a marginal loss of 5-10 million.

One of the things that got me relatively excited by Karanka was the work he could do with Worral. The work he did with Ben Gibson making him a boarderline England international gives me hope he could do similar with Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    At our worst we were spending 27m a year on wages, thats now gone down significantly, income will be up by gate receipts but only marginally due to all the offers weve had, plus extra staffing required. This year i expect us to be well clear of FFP as we are finally moving away from the years of drastic monetary loss (the 39m over 3 year rule) and if expenditure hasn't gone up from last year we should see a marginal loss of 5-10 million.
    Plenty of dross we can sell off to lighten wages further.
    Get rid of the dead wood keep the youngsters. Start with Mills.

Whats Worral's price then??

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

A lot. If we sell him we need to buy two big, strong, quick football playing centre halfs, his price needs to cover at least one.