Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2646

Thread: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Default Re: Joe Worrall Appreciation Thread

Not sure how he didn't get into the team of the week. MoM but both Silva and Cashy in the Champ team of the week and he wasn't.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Not long ago some would have sent him packing for thirty bob and a blood orange. Now a vital part of the team and future captain. Forest through and through.

Il Capitano

From fans to managers, we're too quick to write off young players in favour of ready-made, more exotic players. Benalouane and Milosevic were vastly inferior to what we had, yet we've wasted time and wages on them both, to Worrall"s detriment. I think Ben Brereton has also paid the price for either his, or his manager"s, impatience. A few years as Grabban"s understudy would have served him much better than whatever he's doing at Blackburn.

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalry Augustus View Post
    From fans to managers, we're too quick to write off young players in favour of ready-made, more exotic players. Benalouane and Milosevic were vastly inferior to what we had, yet we've wasted time and wages on them both, to Worrall"s detriment. I think Ben Brereton has also paid the price for either his, or his manager"s, impatience. A few years as Grabban"s understudy would have served him much better than whatever he's doing at Blackburn.
    Well said.

Morgan, Dawson, Reid, Jenas, Lascelles, Cash etc. The academy has produced some of our best players in the lats 20 years.

As a club which doesn't have parachute payments, our side should always include a solid foundation of academy players IMO. They get vetted & trained for years here. If they weren't good enough or didn't have the potential, they wouldn't make it through the ranks.

We can't do it on academy lads alone, but players like Walker should get way more of a chance here than they've been given so far.

If it fails so what, you've lost no more than you would watching the likes of Bonatini/Muric/some other clubs youngster do fuck all instead.

Last edited by Alf-aSemedoBlueJeans&Chinos; 24-11-19 at 15:29.

Said that at the time about Brereton and Burke as well. Money was just too good though. On that note - Appiah has barely played for Almeria.

I'm a big beliver in first team football for young players is the best way to learn. I noticed Jack Clarke has barely played for Leeds this season and Ryan Sessegnon has played 20 minutes for Spurs (can we have him on loan please?).

Brereton was allegedly about him too though, he was pushing for regular first team football.

Hasn't panned out for him.

Appiah has already played 6 times for Almeria tbf. That wouldn't have happened here.

People rip into Burke. But he's gone on to play top level football in four countries since, commanding huge fees along the way. He's not developed into the superstar it looked he might. But people have digs at him, yet he's since played in the Bundesliga, Prem, European football, La Liga and international football.

Appiah has played 1 full game and made 5 sub appearances totalling 75 minutes so that’s debatable.

Where's me hammer?

Give me 11 Appiahs any day

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Billy Davies long lost lovechild.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Give me 11 Appiahs any day

That would make you Appiah, and Appiah, and Appiah....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    Appiah has played 1 full game and made 5 sub appearances totalling 75 minutes so that’s debatable.
    He wouldn't have had that time/6 appearances in the league for us if we didn't sell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    He wouldn't have had that time/6 appearances in the league for us if we didn't sell him.
    Impossible to know that. He played against Fleetwood for 75 minutes so he's played as much for us as he has in his last 5 appearances for Almeria. May well have been on and off the bench for us too.

Watching on match replay, I lost count of the times Worrall was perfectly placed to clear.

Worrall and Cash are appreciating in value with every game they play.

Was speaking to a member of the Reading staff the other week who was also involved with the England youth set up. He said Wozza has always been highly regarded in terms of his maturity. I think his quote was "you could tell he was a man already" at the age of 17.

It's easy to forget that the lingering positive memories we have of the best centre halves are mostly from when they're 28- 32. Even if Joe never makes it anywhere near senior international level he is still so, so early in his development.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_horse View Post
    Was speaking to a member of the Reading staff the other week who was also involved with the England youth set up. He said Wozza has always been highly regarded in terms of his maturity. I think his quote was "you could tell he was a man already" at the age of 17.

It's easy to forget that the lingering positive memories we have of the best centre halves are mostly from when they're 28- 32. Even if Joe never makes it anywhere near senior international level he is still so, so early in his development.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    I seem to remember Lacelles having the same said about him, which probably means for Joe to make that level, even if we hit the big league would have to move to a top 6 side

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I seem to remember Lacelles having the same said about him, which probably means for Joe to make that level, even if we hit the big league would have to move to a top 6 side
    The only route into the senior team under Gareth is extensive involvement with the Under 21s. So, Joe's missed that boat.

Fuck off Arsenal.

https://twitter.com/DailyStar_Sport/...948648960?s=20

He'll be gone before the window so won;t be under his watch.

£30m + Eddie Nketia he’s yours

Quote Originally Posted by Sabri Natenagewitch View Post
    He'll be gone before the window so won;t be under his watch.
    Recruitment will stay the same whoever the manager is I suppose. Arteta and Howe spoken of.

Came across these stats now. Doing a touch well this season is Joe.

Ranks 1st in league in blocked shots
    Ranks 2nd in league in clearances
    72% aerial duel win rate
    0 times dispossessed

Senior Doom Monger

Given everyone of our star players is bound to be sold to predatory Premiership clubs in January will be:
    So, come January 31st 2020 our squad will be:
    Goalkeepers: Muric; Smith (Samba to Premiership for £30 million)
    Right Backs: Jenkinson; Darikwa (Cash to Premiership for £16 million)
    Centrebacks: Figuerido; Dawson; Hefele; Benalouane; Chema (Worral to Premiership for £30 million)
    Left Backs: Ribeiro; Robinson
    Central Midfield: Watson; Bostock; Yates (Sow to Premiership for £20 million; Silva to Premiership for £15 million; Carvalho to Olympiakos for £15 million)
    Wide Midfield: Ameobi; Adomah (Lolley to Aston Villa for £10 million)
    Strikers: Grabban; Walker; Mir (no one will buy any of our strikers and I reckon Mir's loan deal was a "he's yours, no returns).
    So decimated but with so much cash we will but Mitrovic, Bowen and Shankland...
    Well, if you believe what the papers all say, you are bound to believe my analysis!

Senior Doom Monger

And the mods will be up late moving every player who moves into the ex-player section!

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Well... The new stand won't pay for itself

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Probably one of the few posters who wanted him as first choice starter last year before he was shipped off to Rangers.

Probably one of the few posters now who would accept a decent bid from Arsenal (for arguments sake, let's say £20m+) because a rotation of Dawson, Chema and Figgy would be fine and that money could be reinvested in positions we're crying out for more quality (on the wings).

.k I m
    I m u mm