Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 432 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 10785
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,799

    Default The LTLF Film Thread

    ...because I searched and it told me that there wasn't one!

    [img width=800 height=600]http://www.wallpaperez.net/wallpaper/movie/In-Bruges-1460.jpg[/img]

    I watched this last night, I thought it was excellent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Focus Features
    Bruges, the most well-preserved medieval city in the whole of Belgium, is a welcoming destination for travellers from all over the world. But for hit men Ray and Ken, it could be their final destination; a difficult job has resulted in the pair being ordered right before Christmas by their London boss Harry to go and cool their heels in the storybook Flemish city for a couple of weeks. Very much out of place amidst the gothic architecture, canals, and cobbled streets, the two hit men fill their days living the lives of tourists. Ray, still haunted by the bloodshed in London, hates the place, while Ken, even as he keeps a fatherly eye on Ray's often profanely funny exploits, finds his mind and soul being expanded by the beauty and serenity of the city. But the longer they stay waiting for Harry's call, the more surreal their experience becomes, as they find themselves in weird encounters with locals, tourists, violent medieval art, a dwarf American actor shooting a European art film, Dutch prostitutes, and a potential romance for Ray in the form of Chloë, who may have some dark secrets of her own. And when the call from Harry does finally come, Ken and Ray's vacation becomes a life-and-death struggle of darkly comic proportions and surprisingly emotional consequences.


    Similar Threads:

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    I dont like Colin Farrel.


  4. #3
    Samuel
    Guest

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Defiance.

    I watched it last night.

    Awesome film, not to convinced by the Polish accents from Daniel Craig, but then again, it might be perfect, I'm not to familiar with Polish people's voices (despite the fact 50 are on the bus I get sometimes going home).

    But yeah, wonderful film, about Jewish brothers who build a community in Belorussian woods, fighting against the Nazi's at times. It is very touching at times.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn Rocks
    I dont like Colin Farrell.
    He has been in some very good films.

    I have also watched this non-Colin Farrell film recently.

    It is also quite good, though not a patch on 'Snatch', or 'Lock, Stock....'

    [img width=497 height=373]http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/rocknrolla-poster.jpg[/img]

    It's a bit wierd have the old fella from 'The Full Monty' playing a gangster type, and it has an ending that I could written when I was 6 (Largely because 'The Real RockNRolla' will be following this up...), but it's a fairly enjoyable watch.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dig Out Your Soul of Nottingham
    Defiance.

    I watched it last night.

    Awesome film, not to convinced by the Polish accents from Daniel Craig, but then again, it might be perfect, I'm not to familiar with Polish people's voices (despite the fact 50 are on the bus I get sometimes going home).

    But yeah, wonderful film, about Jewish brothers who build a community in Belorussian woods, fighting against the Nazi's at times. It is very touching at times.
    I'll be seeing this shortly, got it on my list of films to see.

    I found it mildy ironic that Daniel Craig, the most aryan looking actor around, is playing a persecuted jew in the 40's!


  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Blidworth
    Posts
    2,639

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    I watched The Dark Knight the other day thinking that it would be over rated and that Heath Ledger would not be as good as reported just because he died. Man was I wrong, brilliant film and Ledger was absolutley fantastic in his role.


  8. #7
    stuc
    Guest

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    I was hoping this was going to be a thread about a film based on the lives of ltlf forum members and how several of them walk past each other every day and sometimes even sit next to each other on the bus without even knowing it, and of course the occasional cut scene of me in the basement of ltlf towers looking after the forum while alex sits in the penthouse suite counting all the money.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stuc
    I was hoping this was going to be a thread about a film based on the lives of ltlf forum members and how several of them walk past each other every day and sometimes even sit next to each other on the bus without even knowing it, and of course the occasional cut scene of me in the basement of ltlf towers looking after the forum while alex sits in the penthouse suite counting all the money.


    [img width=335 height=475]http://sachem.suffolk.lib.ny.us/Reel_Rebels/images/one%20hour%20photo.jpg[/img]


  10. #9
    stuc
    Guest

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE


    [img width=335 height=475]http://sachem.suffolk.lib.ny.us/Reel_Rebels/images/one%20hour%20photo.jpg[/img]
    I quite liked that film, not your normal Williams role


  11. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by stuc
    I quite liked that film, not your normal Williams role
    Like Carrey in 'The Truman Show'.

    I dislike Jim Carrey, and I didn't think he was all that great, but his performance in 'Truman Show' was superb, and so different to The Mask, Ace Ventura, et al.


  12. #11
    Victor Meldrew
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West Bridgford
    Posts
    14,808

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Dig Out Your Soul of Nottingham
    Defiance.

    I watched it last night.

    Awesome film, not to convinced by the Polish accents from Daniel Craig, but then again, it might be perfect, I'm not to familiar with Polish people's voices (despite the fact 50 are on the bus I get sometimes going home).

    But yeah, wonderful film, about Jewish brothers who build a community in Belorussian woods, fighting against the Nazi's at times. It is very touching at times.
    It got a drubbing from the critics, but I saw it on the first day it was out and thought it was brilliant. Far better than Schindler's list.


  13. #12
    stuc
    Guest

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE
    Like Carrey in 'The Truman Show'.

    I dislike Jim Carrey, and I didn't think he was all that great, but his performance in 'Truman Show' was superb, and so different to The Mask, Ace Ventura, et al.
    1st time a watched Truman Show i hated it, however it has grown on me and i quite like to watch it when sky dig it out of the archives every so often.


  14. #13

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    I watched The Dark Knight the other day thinking that it would be over rated and that Heath Ledger would not be as good as reported just because he died. Man was I wrong, brilliant film and Ledger was absolutley fantastic in his role.
    What he said . Anyone a fan of Shane Meadow's work, Dead Man Shoes, This Is England and the like.


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    What he said . Anyone a fan of Shane Meadow's work, Dead Man Shoes, This Is England and the like.
    Yeah i have liked all the ones ive seen so far, but im still to watch his 1st film 24/7
    Dead mans shoes was good, i think maybe the best of the lot.


  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Painted Death
    What he said . Anyone a fan of Shane Meadow's work, Dead Man Shoes, This Is England and the like.
    [img width=281 height=399]http://dearcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/london-to-brighton.JPG[/img]

    Similar in type, I really enjoyed this.


  17. #16

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Shane Meadows is great

    Dead Man Shoes is good, but I like This is England.

    I have not seen Somers Town yet, but going to try and watch it this weekend.

    Oh and a good British film out at the moment is Eden Lake, watched it a couple of days ago.

    Mainstream stuff, Tropic Thunder is one I want to watch.

    I have watched Pineapple Express recently, not bad.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2,719

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Just been to see Valkyrie - It is the definition of an average film really.


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Time to kick some ass.


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Best film ever!

    [img width=503 height=755]http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/airplane.jpg[/img]


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    Best film ever!

    [img width=503 height=755]http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/airplane.jpg[/img]
    The black guys speaking jive.


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,288

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn Rocks
    The black guys speaking jive.
    Bro was onnnn!


  23. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,830

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    |Lethal


  24. #23
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    38,111

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratty
    Best film ever!

    [img width=503 height=755]http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/airplane.jpg[/img]
    Not the best, but certainly the funniest ever, by an absolute mile!

    I suppose I should justify the old shameless tag and say that your local Cineworld (and not just if you live in Nottingham) is showing a selection of 12 BAFTA / Oscar* nominated movies for a week as of Friday - titles include:
    In Bruges, Man On Wire (my personal favourite of last year), The Duchess, Adulthood, RockNRolla, Juno, The Dark Knight, Hunger and more!

    *(I really should say at this point that Oscar is a copyrighted and Trade Marked symbol of the Unites States' Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, but I really can't be arsed) It's like having to do the "whoosh...be-doo-be-do!" thing whenever you say the word "Intel" bollocks...

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  25. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,972

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Anyone seen the Spirit?

    By far and away the worst film I've ever seen, absolutely awful.


  26. #25
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,843

    Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Baronvon
    Anyone seen the Spirit?

    By far and away the worst film I've ever seen, absolutely awful.
    I'd vote for National Security in that category.

    Or, if you're sat there and forced to watch films with your girlfriend, then I'd vote Made of Honor. God that was painful.



    MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •