Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 428 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Default Re: The LTLF Film Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tomharding
    I'd vote for National Security in that category.

Or, if you're sat there and forced to watch films with your girlfriend, then I'd vote Made of Honor. God that was painful.
    My missus wants to watch that. Is it really that bad!?

From what I remember of National Security, I think I thought it was alright! I'm not sure, is it Martin Lawrence, and does it have a scene where he beats the fook out of a white man (ish) because he's scared of a Bee/wasp?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by northernmonkey MBE

It is also quite good, though not a patch on 'Snatch', or 'Lock, Stock....'

[img width=497 height=373]http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/rocknrolla-poster.jpg[/img]

It's a bit wierd have the old fella from 'The Full Monty' playing a gangster type, and it has an ending that I could written when I was 6 (Largely because 'The Real RockNRolla' will be following this up...), but it's a fairly enjoyable watch.
    There won't be "The real Rock N Rolla" as this one didn't make enough money to cover making a sequel I have seen it and thought it was pretty poor, only two good actors in it - Idris Elba and, Nottingham's own, Tony Kebbell.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sir' Flagman
    Not the best, but certainly the funniest ever, by an absolute mile!

I suppose I should justify the old shameless tag and say that your local Cineworld (and not just if you live in Nottingham) is showing a selection of 12 BAFTA / Oscar* nominated movies for a week as of Friday - titles include:
    In Bruges, Man On Wire (my personal favourite of last year), The Duchess, Adulthood, RockNRolla, Juno, The Dark Knight, Hunger and more!

*(I really should say at this point that Oscar is a copyrighted and Trade Marked symbol of the Unites States' Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, but I really can't be arsed) It's like having to do the "whoosh...be-doo-be-do!" thing whenever you say the word "Intel" bollocks...
    Have you ever considered doing something like the do at the Savoy, once a month showing a 'classic' film. They're showing the Shawshank Redemption next month,

I reckon you could get a good cult following by showing the likes of Top Gun etc once a month. Setting up a bit of a filmclub type thing, perhaps affiliating with the universities and their media courses or something.

As classic films are quality, and most of us weren't able to see the majesty of a Top Gun volleyball Lost That Loving Feeling scene on the big screen, it'd be great to recreate that experience.

Anyway, good films, I watch the Kingdom the other day. Very good film.

Talk to me, Goose.

No wonder my post count..

My missus wants to watch that. Is it really that bad!?

From what I remember of National Security, I think I thought it was alright! I'm not sure, is it Martin Lawrence, and does it have a scene where he beats the fook out of a white man (ish) because he's scared of a Bee/wasp?
    It wasn't bad in terms of quality, it's just awful in terms of originality. Right from the offset it was obvious how the storyline would go down. It had all the romcom elements:

Man throws away chance to get with woman
    Woman gets with other guy, co-incidentally when man falls in love with woman (cue embarrasing meeting of man and girls new boyfriend - obviously new boyfriend looks the better man)
    Woman decides to get married to other man almost instantly
    Girl has 2 annoying friends
    Man tries to make boyfriend look bad by inviting him to new culture of basketball (new boyfriend is a stereotypical scot) who then, predictably outclasses man by using scottish roots.
    Man doesn't get her back until very last minute, when new guy shows his true colours.

Infact, the only remotely good thing about it is Kevin McKidd (tommy in Trainspotting) - who must really have been desperate for work to star in this awful piece of s**te.

Same type of thing with National Security - wasn't it just a black cop and white cop film? Martin Lawrence excercised his "Black man is still overshadowed by white man" role, which really really annoyed me about this film.

MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched 30 days of night the other day and found that to be a quality film

I also watched cloverfield, on being told it was rubbish i thoroughly enjoyed it

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by PáNtHéRs
    I watched that on Sunday and thought it was terrible!

I've seen Yes Man and Seven Pounds most recently, both pretty good. Seven Pounds is a bit depressing at times though.

Quote Originally Posted by richjcrouch
    I watched that on Sunday and thought it was terrible!
    really well your prob into films like barbie goes to the stables lol each to their own i guess

Rice IV

Nothing wrong with Barbie going to the Stables.

It's what she does when she's there that has now been classed as illegal.

Nothing wrong with Barbie going to the Stables.

It's what she does when she's there that has now been classed as illegal.

[img width=425 height=281]http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=96368[/img]

??

yam

I quite enjoyed the film and the way in portrayed the vampires as having no redeeming features at all, none of this poncy Twilight bollocks vampires with feelings shite.

Some aspects I found disappointing - I thought it would be a gradual one/two people going missing town wondering what's going on - I wasn't expecting the full on 1 night massacre. There's massive plot holes but if you ignore them and just watch it for what it's a reasonable film.

Monk De Wally De Honk

As classic films are quality, and most of us weren't able to see the majesty of a Top Gun volleyball Lost That Loving Feeling scene on the big screen, it'd be great to recreate that experience.
    Imangine how good the sound will be of a plane taking off on a big cinema sound system, i would pay just to hear that.

yam

I also watched cloverfield, on being told it was rubbish i thoroughly enjoyed it
    The bit with action was quite good but for me it took too long to get going building up the characters of some pretty obnoxious looking New Yorkers. At least the annoying fucker with the camera got bit in half.

Might have to watch it again - it might be better second time round.

yam

Like Carrey in 'The Truman Show'.

I dislike Jim Carrey, and I didn't think he was all that great, but his performance in 'Truman Show' was superb, and so different to The Mask, Ace Ventura, et al.
    He was quite good in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind too, another "serious" role. Number 23 was also quite good.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by wesizleftpeg
    [img width=425 height=281]http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=96368[/img]

??
    Not as good as

[img width=501 height=328]http://www.gold-prices.biz/wp-content/img/2008/04/sopranos.jpg[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Talky Toaster TM
    I quite enjoyed the film and the way in portrayed the vampires as having no redeeming features at all, none of this poncy Twilight b*****ks vampires with feelings s**te.

Some aspects I found disappointing - I thought it would be a gradual one/two people going missing town wondering what's going on - I wasn't expecting the full on 1 night massacre. There's massive plot holes but if you ignore them and just watch it for what it's a reasonable film.
    some films you need to leave your brains at the door and they can be quite enjoyable

Monk De Wally De Honk

No wonder my post count..

Like Carrey in 'The Truman Show'.

I dislike Jim Carrey, and I didn't think he was all that great, but his performance in 'Truman Show' was superb, and so different to The Mask, Ace Ventura, et al.
    Yeah, Carreys great in Truman. I also agree with an above post, he was amazing in Eternal Sunshine, one of the most outstanding films of the this century so far in my opinion.

I also liked him in Liar Liar, not sure who'd agree with me there

I went to see My Bloody Valentine 3D last night. Absolute rubbish. It wasn't even saved by being in 3D. Poor story, poor acting (and I like Jensen Ackles) and poor dialogue.

Stay away.

Cloverfields a terrific film. Not quite as good on DVD as at the Cinema though, where you genuinely feel seasick to begin with.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by FBS
    I went to see My Bloody Valentine 3D last night. Absolute rubbish. It wasn't even saved by being in 3D. Poor story, poor acting (and I like Jensen Ackles) and poor dialogue.

Stay away.

Sort of related - Cineworld is having a massive investment in 3D right now - 74 new 3D digital projectors and ancillary equpiment going in round the circuit as we speak - I've just received the dates for the first of the works at Nottingham

What it basically entails is the 3 big screens (3, 8 and 10 at our place) going 3D-capable, with silver sheet replacing the white one.

It's costing the company a sum of money in the multi-million region.

Is it:
    The best move ever, pre-empting the resurrection of the 3D genre, or
    The worst move ever, as 3D is just a fad. It's been tried before and failed.

In defence of modern 3D (be it Imax or RealD like we currently use,) it is a cut above the old red/blue glasses technology. If you've not tried it, the glasses we use are pale grey (about 10%) but don't affect the colour at all. With a decently-aligned digital projector, the resulting full-colour 3D image is generally superb...

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Just found out that the A-Team film is definately going ahead! Can't find a confirmed cast though, but I've seen a few rumours about Ving Rhames being BA.