Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 857

Thread: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    The English Football League is to provide live streaming of every non-televised game to overseas supporters from the 2017-18 season onwards.
    Fans in the UK are currently limited to audio commentary by rights issues, but Championship, LeagueOne and Two matches will be available to watch abroad from August.
    The digital platform, called iFollow, will cost £110 for full access.
    Currently, 61 of 72 EFL clubs have signed up to the EFL Digital platform.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,439

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Great for abroad fans! The cost of forest player is half of that though.

    I'm sure it will mean more streams for uk

    Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,074

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by IJPS View Post
    The English Football League is to provide live streaming of every non-televised game to overseas supporters from the 2017-18 season onwards.
    Fans in the UK are currently limited to audio commentary by rights issues, but Championship, LeagueOne and Two matches will be available to watch abroad from August.
    The digital platform, called iFollow, will cost £110 for full access.
    Currently, 61 of 72 EFL clubs have signed up to the EFL Digital platform.
    This is excellent. If it's up to scratch I will definitely be signing up.

    It will have an impact on attendances (especially away), in my opinion though - something clubs will have to address (hint hint, lower your prices).


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,113

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Be interested to see how they plan on halting the streams being available in the UK too, things like that can be hard to police.


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    7,074

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Apparently it's the same people that currently run Forest player that are running it, so I don't have many hopes for it being any good
    Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    Be interested to see how they plan on halting the streams being available in the UK too, things like that can be hard to police.
    There is surely no way to stop it, anybody with a VPN will be able to do it - then you have the people streaming the stream which will be available to everybody.


  7. #6
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,081

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    £110?

    Brave move, that pricing, at roughly a quarter of the price of an average season-ticket.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,809

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    £110?

    Brave move, that pricing, at roughly a quarter of the price of an average season-ticket.
    Yes

    If anyone wants that real match day experience at home, I will come to your house and make you wait 14.45 minutes for a mediocre cup of something and charge you £2 for the privilege.

    I will make your toilet overflow too.


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Twitter: @Mark_Searby
    Posts
    12,414

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    It's about time too. Stupid to not have it available to UK and Ireland, but I'm sure people will get around that.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


  10. #9
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,081

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    On a more positive note, spending as much time as I do in Germany, this is going to be an absolute fracking Godsend for me.


  11. #10
    Rice 13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    4,476

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    On a more positive note, spending as much time as I do in Germany, this is going to be an absolute fracking Godsend for me.
    Why would you want to dissapoint yourself even more when you are away from home?


  12. #11
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,081

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns View Post
    Why would you want to dissapoint yourself even more when you are away from home?
    There is that.


  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,618

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    This is absolutely fantastic news!


  14. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Frigging awesome!!!


  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,646

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Sure it will look like its being filmed with a potato.

    Last edited by T.O.Tricky.; 04-05-17 at 00:50.

  16. #15
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,081

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Also, if anyone would care to help me recreate the authentic "NFFC" match experience, please pop round to my apartment in Stuttgart at 1645 (German time) on a match day, with a warm, flat, beer, ring the bell, then keep me waiting for 12 minutes before handing it over with a disinterested sneer, it would be much appreciated.

    And if you could also send a couple of blokes in 'hi-vis' jackets to stand on my balcony and shout "oy, sit down, you!" every ten or so minutes, that would be perfect.

    It's all about recreating that atmosphere!


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,809

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Also, if anyone would care to help me recreate the authentic "NFFC" match experience, please pop round to my apartment in Stuttgart at 1645 (German time) on a match day, with a warm, flat, beer, ring the bell, then keep me waiting for 12 minutes before handing it over with a disinterested sneer, it would be much appreciated.

    And if you could also send a couple of blokes in 'hi-vis' jackets to stand on my balcony and shout "oy, sit down, you!" every ten or so minutes, that would be perfect.

    It's all about recreating that atmosphere!
    It's like deja vu.


  18. #17
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    36,689

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Great news, the only downside is we'll have even more armchair experts.....


  19. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    2,738

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    Yes

    If anyone wants that real match day experience at home, I will come to your house and make you wait 14.45 minutes for a mediocre cup of something and charge you £2 for the privilege.

    I will make your toilet overflow too.
    All that's missing is making them sit down for 90 minutes while filming them and I could swear you were Alan Bexon


  20. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,618

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Also, if anyone would care to help me recreate the authentic "NFFC" match experience, please pop round to my apartment in Stuttgart at 1645 (German time) on a match day, with a warm, flat, beer, ring the bell, then keep me waiting for 12 minutes before handing it over with a disinterested sneer, it would be much appreciated.

    And if you could also send a couple of blokes in 'hi-vis' jackets to stand on my balcony and shout "oy, sit down, you!" every ten or so minutes, that would be perfect.

    It's all about recreating that atmosphere!
    I'll happily come round and groan every time we miss place a pass, and shout "gerrit forward" if our centre backs pass to each other.


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,695

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    I'll come round and smoke in your toilet


  22. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    4,809

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    I will come round and if you so much as sit up straight I will shout "sit dahn" at you.


  23. #22
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    36,238

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alvar Hanso View Post
    I'll come round and smoke in your toilet
    Is that a euphemism?

    "This statement is false."

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,288

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Uk users with a VPN will be able to stream. Impossible to police. Tempted to subscribe before they increase prices.
    Also strange it charges in gbp for overseas viewers. Asking for trouble me thinks.


  25. #24
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,398

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Right. Talk me through acquiring a VPN.

    Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk


  26. #25
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    59,081

    Default Re: Live Match Rivers for overseas fans!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Right. Talk me through acquiring a VPN.

    Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    http://www.privateinternetaccess.com


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •