7 13.46%
  • Going down like the Titanic

17 32.69%
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Matchday 44: Nottingham Forest v Reading

Best served cold

Default Re: Matchday 44: Nottingham Forest v Reading

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    "Best fullback in the division" ? That's pure hyperbole.
    To be fair that's because he didn't say it - you did.

He said :

"Against a very good and quick player in Gunter, who is easily one of the best fullbacks in the division"

The important bit is in bold and he's not wrong - Gunter is one of the best full backs in the division.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by redforest View Post
    Do you really think we are going to lose against Ipswich or QPR? Unfortunately 2 draws might not be good enough - still think the game v Ipswich will be party time
    Do you genuinely think that both games are won before a ball has been kicked in anger.

After Huddersfield too many people thought the outcome of the Blackburn game was already decided.

Amazing how short some people's memories are.

We've achieved nothing yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Meh he's ok but certainly hasn't stood out like Mings or Odubajo in the past couple of years. Think we did well to get 2m for him...

... Especially as that money has never run out.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Reading through the thread nowt more to say which aint already been said, other than I hope that gives people a glimpse of what we could be seeing here if Warbs is given time & backing.

But again that's gunna require not going shandy when we go on a bad run.

Quote Originally Posted by thehockleyhustler View Post
    Well done for ignoring so called experts like Birtles who advised to scrap the passing football to gain more points.

Warburton is slowly building something here and we have already seen teasers of what is to come. Next season could be huge if he gets what he wants this summer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    That's bang on, and it's be nice if the pundits gave Warbs some breathing room to make that happen.

Hope people don't start expecting next year to be huge though. In the very likely scenario we stay up every year should be just about finishing higher & rebuilding. Even if that's a few places higher, we've got to get a grip and start realizing what progrssion actually is.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Interfering with play

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post

He said :

"Against a very good and quick player in Gunter, who is easily one of the best fullbacks in the division"

The important bit is in bold and he's not wrong - Gunter is one of the best full backs in the division.
    I'm just glad we've kept back some of the money we raised when we sold him. We'd be screwed FFP-wise without it.

He said :

It still applies , is gunter one of the best full backs in the divisiom ? He's not the worse but he is hardly one of the best either. He's the same at forest. Like jack hunt , better attacking than defending.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Reading through the thread nowt more to say which aint already been said, other than I hope that gives people a glimpse of what we could be seeing here if Warbs is given time & backing.

But again that's gunna require not going shandy when we go on a bad run.

That's bang on, and it's be nice if the pundits gave Warbs some breathing room to make that happen.

Hope people don't start expecting next year to be huge though. In the very likely scenario we stay up every year should be just about finishing higher & rebuilding. Even if that's a few places higher, we've got to get a grip and start realizing what progrssion actually is.
    Fawaz's reign has been a lesson in regression. Slow but definite.
    We need the next few years to grow things the other way. It will take time. Please let's hope that Fawaz and the idiotic section of our fanbase have learned their lesson.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Fawaz's reign has been a lesson in regression. Slow but definite.
    We need the next few years to grow things the other way. It will take time. Please let's hope that Fawaz and the idiotic section of our fanbase have learned their lesson.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    So you've seen that herd of flying pigs too!

It still applies , is gunter one of the best full backs in the divisiom ? He's not the worse but he is hardly one of the best either. He's the same at forest. Like jack hunt , better attacking than defending.
    Agree with this. I detest Gunter and have since he let Jamie Ward go round him and score while Cohen lay writhing in pain at the other end. Shambolic defending and just soft play. Ward should have been put into the 3rd row of seats before he ever got to the penalty area.

Best served cold

We are talking about the second division. Even the best full backs in this division have a bunch of weaknesses which is why they are playing at this level and not the one above it.

I'd say it would be incredibly tough to think of 10 better full backs in the league than him. We aren't in a league stuffed with amazing, high quality full backs so he doesn't have to be great to be one of the best in the league. But he is one of the best in the league and has consistently proven it with his performances in an excellent Reading side that he currently captains.

We are talking about the second division. Even the best full backs in this division have a bunch of weaknesses which is why they are playing at this level and not the one above it.

I'd say it would be incredibly tough to think of 10 better full backs in the league than him. We aren't in a league stuffed with amazing, high quality full backs so he doesn't have to be great to be one of the best in the league. But he is one of the best in the league and has consistently proven it with his performances in an excellent Reading side that he currently captains.
    For me Gunter is a bang average Championship full back - and hence with 48 full backs playing in any one week I could find a few more than 10 ahead of him...

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by RedRobbo View Post
    For me Gunter is a bang average Championship full back - and hence with 48 full backs playing in any one week I could find a few more than 10 ahead of him...
    I'd say you'd be reaching and plucking names just to prove a point.

I am not even a big Gunter fan, I don't think he's very good either, but you don't have to be great to be amongst the best players in the second division. There's some thoroughly mediocre full backs plying their trade in the Championship, several of them at the City Ground

Last edited by incapable hulk; 24-04-17 at 14:16.

Interfering with play

Gunter is easily one of the best in the Championship, as has been said no-one in the Championship except the likes of Amavi and Pinto are Premiership quality. If he's good enough to play in a European Championship semi-final then he can't be that bad!

He's not good enough for Nottingham Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    He's not good enough for Nottingham Forest.
    No shame in that.

Worrall being coached for a season or two by David Weir will help him.
    A no nonsense defender himself who thinks about the game and has played at a decent level.

Just need to make sure we sign McParland up.