Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 188

Thread: Brennan Johnson

      
  1. #26
    Forum Tactician
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    B C UPPER
    Posts
    14,748

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    He's 17 yrs old, he's playing at U19 International level, should he even be trying that shit? Not for me.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    3,996

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    The next Abdoun


  4. #28

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    His dad is, of course, former Forest favourite David Johnson,
    And named him after the left back?


  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,613

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    How is he eligibl for Wales ?

    doyen of boomer energy

  6. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Here, there & anywhere that will have me..
    Posts
    6,461

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by ReDias View Post
    How is he eligibl for Wales ?
    His dad is Daffyd Jones son


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

    it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    In a tophat.
    Posts
    13,613

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Aitor Aitor A Puddycat View Post
    His dad is Daffyd Jones son


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know, it was tongue-in-cheek reference to the Tendai thread.


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sutton-in-Ashfield
    Posts
    3,266

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    He's 17 yrs old, he's playing at U19 International level, should he even be trying that shit? Not for me.
    Don't see why not, it is just as legitimate way to take a penalty as smashing it down the middle and hoping for the best like Lansbury used to do.


  9. #33
    Clapham Eco Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mower World
    Posts
    24,424

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    The next Abdoun
    Naughty




  10. #34
    Footy Manager Researcher
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by ReDias View Post
    How is he eligibl for Wales ?
    His mum.


  11. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,248

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    In the Wales u19 squad for Elite Euros Qualifiers. Obviously continuing a year under actual age group for them. Some tough games v Holland/Spain/Slovenia in Holland at the end of the month.






  12. #36

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    He's such a smooth player. Perhaps not the dominant powerful type, but just a smooth operator.

    Feels like he's the sort of player that could play with much better players and just fit in cos he's a nice technician and he seems to link really well.

    Not exactly the same, cos he's more forward thinking, but almost Gareth Williams like.

    He's done a bit of growing over the past year or so, but you'd like to think in the next 12-18months he'll start to work at his size and really build some man strength.


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,248

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Definitely. Think he will be the one that will be quietly consistent as a #8 (preferably) or a #10 ? - In physique maybe Dele Alli ?

    He isn't likely to get as many bums off seats like Appiah/Mighten as he doesn't have that bursts of speed with trickery like them and will be more central than them and can play deeper than them. He will do that slightly slower like a dribble or nutmeg (smooth operator ) and create and score like those two as well.

    Free-kicks/penalties - the technique shines through. He does love the Paneka and doesn't miss-hit one and I don't think he has missed a penalty in a long time.


  14. #38
    Footy Manager Researcher
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Doncaster
    Posts
    2,859

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Definitely. Think he will be the one that will be quietly consistent as a #8 (preferably) or a #10 ? - In physique maybe Dele Alli ?

    He isn't likely to get as many bums off seats like Appiah/Mighten as he doesn't have that bursts of speed with trickery like them and will be more central than them and can play deeper than them. He will do that slightly slower like a dribble or nutmeg (smooth operator ) and create and score like those two as well.

    Free-kicks/penalties - the technique shines through. He does love the Paneka and doesn't miss-hit one and I don't think he has missed a penalty in a long time.
    He'll end up like Dele.


  15. #39

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    People will probably compare the levels and not the style with that one, but yeah. I get the Dele Alli vibe completely.

    Has that knack of popping up and the slower style but so in control, much like the Dele Alli mould. Great comparison.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,248

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Will be with the first team in pre-season says O'Neill.

    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...oneill-2794207


  17. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,191

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Good good


  18. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,585

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Will be with the first team in pre-season says O'Neill.

    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...oneill-2794207
    That's the best way to test them out, pre season limited risk lots of behind doors games if they impress they make the friendly squad, it's how Cash managed to get into the squad and now is a first team regular.


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,248

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Some great words by Cohen. Says he wished he had some of Brennan's attributes.

    “He has the ability to score goals, the ability to affect games of football, the ability to run, tackle and do most things as a player. He has all the things you need.

    “We will never know, until he gets up there, how he will handle that in a first team environment.

    “But, from what he has done for us, he is now going past the level of under-23 football, if he has not done so already. His next stage is for him to play senior football.”
    Remember him scoring a hattrick for the u18s as a schoolboy. Because he is such an all-round footballer it will be interesting to see how he is introduced. #8, #10 , Wide-left, wide-right.

    Reminder of his hattrick for the 23s last game of the season.

    https://twitter.com/canwenotknockit/...99178280968193




  20. #44
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    78,656

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Lads‘ got the genes, clearly.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    3,191

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Some great words by Cohen. Says he wished he had some of Brennan's attributes.



    Remember him scoring a hattrick for the u18s as a schoolboy. Because he is such an all-round footballer it will be interesting to see how he is introduced. #8, #10 , Wide-left, wide-right.

    Reminder of his hattrick for the 23s last game of the season.

    https://twitter.com/canwenotknockit/...99178280968193

    Cohens way of telling O’Neill to start playing him


  22. #46
    Senior Doom Monger
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    18,002

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Carvalho number 2?


  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,248

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    That finish in the training video yesterday again shows the quality of his finishing but I've seen him finish in so many ways but it is almost always classy and composed. Seriously talented.


  24. #48

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Be interesting to see what kind of exposure he gets from Sabri.

    As it stands, he's not been pushed out of it. Obviously some competition for him there, but without anymore central attacking additions, he's got his foot in the door.

    Hope he impresses enough to keep it there.


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,248

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Be interesting to see what kind of exposure he gets from Sabri.

    As it stands, he's not been pushed out of it. Obviously some competition for him there, but without anymore central attacking additions, he's got his foot in the door.

    Hope he impresses enough to keep it there.
    Hope so. Richardson, Johnson and Appiah can play a part this season. Just need to find a way how to manage them individually through the season.


  26. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,585

    Default Re: Brennan Johnson

    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Hope so. Richardson, Johnson and Appiah can play a part this season. Just need to find a way how to manage them individually through the season.
    Hopefully slowly, Appiah was used correctly under Oniel and Cash was under Karanka, give them starts against Fleetwood and when we need to a bench v league opposition with an appearance when we are winning and hopefully dominating.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •