• Have Preston scored again? - Lose

10 25.64%
  • Something, something, something bread pun

4 10.26%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Matchday 39: Preston North End vs Nottingham Forest

Default Re: Matchday 39: Preston North End vs Nottingham Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    Whoever manages Forest in the current and future climate has a very tough job.

Poor ownership. High expectations. Impatient fans. A group of players who have failed under several different managers. Players bought in by several different managers with different playing styles.

If Warburton keeps us up like Davies did when he first came in then he's done a good job. His job will then be to emulate Davies and get us to the Play Offs. Tough ask.

Would be more doable under a different owner as the current one is clueless.
    I am hoping he gets a similar atmosphere to that of Davies. When Billy kept us up we weren’t expecting a strong position the following year. We wanted small progress. It was a pleasant surprise that we finished 3rd.

Hopefully the recent years and this dance with relegation will ground our fan base and owner a bit.

Provided we stay up, then the judgment for Warburton next year should not be on whether or not we achieve play-offs. We need to judge on the development of the playing side. Have we nurtured the young players? Does the side look more cohesive? Have we adapted to this passing style and figured out which players can/cant fit? Have we got an idea of what team we have and where we need to improve?

That’s what I’ll be looking for next year.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Player-12 View Post
    I am hoping he gets a similar atmosphere to that of Davies. When Billy kept us up we weren’t expecting a strong position the following year. We wanted small progress. It was a pleasant surprise that we finished 3rd.

Hopefully the recent years and this dance with relegation will ground our fan base and owner a bit.

Provided we stay up, then the judgment for Warburton next year should not be on whether or not we achieve play-offs. We need to judge on the development of the side, have we nurtured the young players? Does the side look more cohesive? Have we adapted to this passing style and figured out which players can/cant? Have we got an idea of what team we have and where we need to improve?

That’s what I’ll be looking for next year.
    I think he will have to ship out a lot of players and bring in players that suit his style.
    This will mean the usual upheaval. That is fine as long as we actually stick with Warburton for a couple of seasons.

Knowing Fawaz he is thinking survival and then aim for the play offs next season. As you say it is very much a work in progress that will take time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    I think he will have to ship out a lot of players and bring in players that suit his style.
    This will mean the usual upheaval. That is fine as long as we actually stick with Warburton for a couple of seasons.

Knowing Fawaz he is thinking survival and then aim for the play offs next season. As you say it is very much a work in progress that will take time and patience.
    From Fawaz's interviews it seems clear what he wants, which scares me. I want to think about how many years we have with Warburton, not months.

Looking at the issues we have on the playing side going into next year I dont think anyone could give us play offs. How many players do we have that we know will be part of our favoured starting 11 next year? I cant think of anyone but Clough. Everyone else is out of contract/expected to move/injured constantly or just not put a good case down for the spot.

Last edited by Player-12; Today at 11:41.

I am hoping he gets a similar atmosphere to that of Davies. When Billy kept us up we werenít expecting a strong position the following year. We wanted small progress. It was a pleasant surprise that we finished 3rd.

Provided we stay up, then the judgment for Warburton next year should not be on whether or not we achieve play-offs. We need to judge on the development of the playing side. Have we nurtured the young players? Does the side look more cohesive? Have we adapted to this passing style and figured out which players can/cant fit? Have we got an idea of what team we have and where we need to improve?

Thatís what Iíll be looking for next year.
    If he does keep us up then nothing less than promotion to the Prem via the playoffs is acceptable. Anything less than that is bottling it.

ďAll the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.Ē

I am hoping he gets a similar atmosphere to that of Davies. When Billy kept us up we werenít expecting a strong position the following year. We wanted small progress. It was a pleasant surprise that we finished 3rd.

Thatís what Iíll be looking for next year.
    Davies had the luxury of doubling the wage bill overnight and spending, what was then, a large spend on transfers that summer. Warburton won't have anywhere near that kind of budget.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    If he does keep us up then nothing less than promotion to the Prem via the playoffs is acceptable. Anything less than that is bottling it.
    What about 3rd place then getting knocked out in the play off semis? Would that count as bottling it too?

Anyone with play off aspirations next season is crazy. Warburton aint stupid, I cant believe he'd walk from the totally unrealistic expectations of Rangers straight into that scenario at Forest.

Next year should be nothing more than consolidation, drilling the style of play & creating a sustainable ethos thats ready for a play off push the next season.

Dont think thats too rash given Warburton credentials, alongside the fact he's on the same page as the recruitment director.

What about 3rd place then getting knocked out in the play off semis? Would that count as bottling it too?
    Definitely. After inheriting a shambles of a side and taking the club to the playoffs, if we're still in the Championship and not the Prem it's failure as so many have told me for several years.

As is spending 1 week outside the playoffs with an injury ravaged squad

As you probably guessed, I totally expect the usual suspects to be calling for Warbuton's head next season even if we win every other game.Getting our hopes up that we'll do well is one thing but possible, getting our hope up that Fawaz has learned is another and less possible but still possible, but getting our hopes up that the Twitterati types will give Warburton time? Not a chance.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; Today at 12:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    Hopefully the past 2 weeks has given Warburton enough time to sort a few things out, like defending freekicks & corners. I'm hopeful that we can get 6 or 7 points from these next 3 games.
    Another one in drugs?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Anyone with play off aspirations next season is crazy. Warburton aint stupid, I cant believe he'd walk from the totally unrealistic expectations of Rangers straight into that scenario at Forest.

Next year should be nothing more than consolidation, drilling the style of play & creating a sustainable ethos thats ready for a play off push the next season.

Dont think thats too rash given Warburton credentials, alongside the fact he's on the same page as the recruitment director.
    Definitely promotion next season.

Shit or bust.

At least MW has form in getting a team out of League 1 so should have as good a chance as anybody of achieving the clubs objectives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro