• Have Preston scored again? - Lose

13 24.07%
  • Something, something, something bread pun

5 9.26%
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Matchday 39: Preston North End vs Nottingham Forest

Default Re: Matchday 39: Preston North End vs Nottingham Forest

I feel your pain there Chris.

At least you get monkeys to play with in Hartlepool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    I feel your pain there Chris.

At least you get monkeys to play with in Hartlepool.
    Odd thing was, when "H'Angus the Monkey" came out, pre-match, some wag in the front row of the "away" end shouts out "where's your fucking banana?"

The kind of insult you don't know whether to applaud or shake your head at.

It was actually a fun day out of an Away trip; albeit a grim drive up north, Baltic weather, but a McGugan free-kick saw us claim all three points.

Ah, the League One days.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    I'd agree with this. It was my first visit to Deepdale yesterday and, even though it has been completely rebuilt in the last 20 years or so, you could feel the history (although I felt very weird standing on Bill Shankley's left eye). A far more pleasant trip than when I last went up the M6 on my way up to soulless retail park in Wigan.

I will certainly revisit.
    My first trip as well... Although I did regret the decision when the trip up took over 5 hours! However, after the way we played it was well worth the trip... not sure I'll be making it again though!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

How did you manage that? Did you drive? Both the A50 and the M6 were clear on the way up.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    I'd agree with this. It was my first visit to Deepdale yesterday and, even though it has been completely rebuilt in the last 20 years or so, you could feel the history (although I felt very weird standing on Bill Shankley's left eye). A far more pleasant trip than when I last went up the M6 on my way up to soulless retail park in Wigan.

I will certainly revisit.
    I'm pissed off I missed going, got a ticket but I've been laid up with flu since Friday lunchtime. Every other season we've played them midweek...

Noticed on Twitter we've started to get the piss ripped out of us on various fan pages because our away following has dropped off. Villa, Wendys, Leeds and Newcastle are just swamping every ground with fans, whilst we struggle to sell out most allocations. But I thought to myself, after 20 years of shit what do people expect?

My last visit to Deepdale was for a third-round FA Cup-tie in the early-70s on a "football special" train from, what was then, Nottingham Midland Station. We lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    My last visit to Deepdale was for a third-round FA Cup-tie in the early-70s on a "football special" train from, what was then, Nottingham Midland Station. We lost.
    I went to that as well Otis. 3 0 and it pissed it down all day

Did anyone else notice they played the Game of Thrones theme music as the teams came on? Or am I mental?

I like Vaughan and Cohen a lot.
    They should be the engine room of our midfield.

.......But. Chances are Warburton may be forced to rest one or both of them for Tuesday due to their failing bodies / age.

The engine room of the midfield is a critical part of any succesful team. What you find is the best teams have ever presents in critical positions who play week in week out Saturday, Tuesday and don't need a rest or get injured.

Here lies the problem. A fully fit reliable Cohen and Vaughan are as good as any partnership in the championship. But they are blatantly not fully fit consistently week after week.

They both bring good things to the team when they play but ultimately to progress we need to replace them with younger, fitter models who have their ability. Not easy I know.

I am not suggesting they should necessarily be discarded but to drive forward next year they should both be second choice cover and not first choice but in and out to be rested or because they are injured. Tough decision.

Last edited by Trickie Trees; 03-04-17 at 09:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    I like Vaughan and Cohen a lot.
    They should be the engine room of our midfield.

.......But. Chances are Warburton may be forced to rest one or both of them for Tuesday due to their failing bodies / age.

The engine room of the midfield is a critical part of any succesful team. What you find is the best teams have ever presents in critical positions who play week in week out Saturday, Tuesday and don't need a rest or get injured.

Here lies the problem. A fully fit reliable Cohen and Vaughan are as good as any partnership in the championship. But they are blatantly not fully fit consistently week after week.

They both bring good things to the team when they play but ultimately to progress we need to repalce them with younger, fitter models who have their ability. Not easy I know.
    Think there'll be even more pressure on this area given Warburton has a tendency to push things further up.

I agree totally, I don't think you can bank on Vaughn & Cohens fitness to build around them.

If theres enough in the budget to retain them on specifically tailored contracts then great, but with continuity & familiarity seemingly a big part of Warburtons ethos, we have to look for younger & fitter.

On they're day both are great, but it's true, for various reasons there is no way we can rely on that partnership.

Get some more midfield steel in please warbs

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Interfering with play

Not being able to field the same people week in week out has really hurt us this season. A fully fit Cohen and Vaughan playing together each week would boss any midfield but sadly that'll never be the reality

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    I went to that as well Otis. 3 0 and it pissed it down all day
    It particularly sticks out in my mind because I was on home leave Phil, and had agreed to meet up pre-match with a RN mate who was a Preston fan. IIRC, they were a Third Division side at the time, so you can imagine the ribbing I took from him when we met up again a week-or-so later in Pompey.