• Who cares, League One he we come

11 16.92%
  • Fawaz Out

12 18.46%
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Matchday 38: Nottingham Forest Vs Derby County

Default Re: Matchday 38: Nottingham Forest Vs Derby County

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Most of those five goals were from long range. What can he do about that?

I disagree with you.
    To be fair, saying goals from long range can't be the fault of defenders is wrong.

It's their responsibility to push the line up the pitch, forcing the midfielders to play further forward to stop long range strikes.

We concede quite a few worldies and it's not a coincidence.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

People want the football club to progress and then say we should stand by Fox and he should get the captains armband, beggars belief.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GandalfTheRed View Post
    People want the football club to progress and then say we should stand by Fox and he should get the captains armband, beggars belief.

Agreed, when we have a proper summer he will be benched at best. And he's definitely not a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post
    To be fair, saying goals from long range can't be the fault of defenders is wrong.

It's their responsibility to push the line up the pitch, forcing the midfielders to play further forward to stop long range strikes.

Its not a coincidence, but its nowt to do with Fox & his CBs either. Its to do with a defensive midfield thats so susceptible in behind it prefers to take its chances with the long range strikes.

There would have been a conscious decision against a strong Norwich side to sit back, it didnt work, but thats more likely the managers brief than the CBs not pushing everyone out.

Sometimes you have to put your hands up & concede the Norwich goals were largely undefendable, rather than try & pin every goal on our CBs.

I think Warburton & McParland will take the recruitment here to a different level, so if Danny Fox takes the Cb spot & armband into the new season Id be somewhat surprised.

It wasnt a suggestion for the long term though, its born around the fact we have 8 games left & 11 players on the park, none of whom fit the bill better than Fox at present.
    He's an everpresent, he looks very comfortable with the ball at his feet, he's fit, he's putting in big shifts & he's leading his line. He's also come back from an absolute hiding from fans who just aint prepared to give him anything.

Good short term fit for the armband if that makes you feel any better.

A good shot is a good shot, but a player needs to have time and space to make the shot, which we've given them far too much of this season

he is a much better player at CB, i would much rather move hobbs and mills on as there too injury prone.

Got to say I've been mightily impressed with Fox at CB, didn't think the lad had it in him.

Hobbs needs to move on as people have said. You really need your back line to be playing week in week out, and part of the reason we've been so leaky is how often we've had to change it up due to injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    He's been poo. Just everyone around him has been poo as well, or injured.

With Lichaj and either Hobbs or Mills back, with Mancienne also back, he won't get a look in, plus we also have Lam and Perquis who can play there.

It is his job as a professional footballer, and no doubt a highly paid one, to keep himself fit and take his opportunities in the side.

He is probably a better centre back than left back, but look at the number of goals we have conceded when he has been playing (5 vs Norwich, 3 vs Fulham...)
    Hobbs & Mills for Fox?

Warburton wants it playing out from the back not hoofing 50yds upfield. I think its a myth you'll get less mistakes from them two & your distribution from the back will be twice as primitive.

Fox is more mobile, turns quicker & is generally a much better fit for the Warburton plan.

Don't see Warburton making that change anytime soon.

Impressive member

Mills' biggest contribution has been his goals. I don't rate his defensive abilities at all. He's not a patch on Hobbs. And they are both biscuits.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Mills' biggest contribution has been his goals. I don't rate his defensive abilities at all. He's not a patch on Hobbs. And they are both biscuits.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    Still don't understand why Perquis has been frozen out as IMO he's better than both of them defensively and quite happy with the ball at his feet.

Fox hoofs it forward far too much, he rarely plays a simple ball to someone anymore. Granted, sometimes it turns out to be a good ball, but I only find he's got at firing it from a left back position to a right wing position. If he's hitting it down the line or up to Britt, the result is usually us losing possession.

Fox is OK at centre back, that's it. He's okay. Nothing more.

I wouldn't want him as first choice CB at any Championship club. As soon as Hobbs or Mills are back they should be straight back in alongside Mancienne.

Quote Originally Posted by nffc13 View Post

STILL from both attacking and defensive corners, when they are cleared to the edge of the box, opponents are right there and our players NEVER. You can see that other teams have planned for it as often cleared corners are headed to one corner of the box, some times in the D and teams have a player already standing there, whilst ours are all inside the box.

Left Winger

We have conceded more goals from outside the box than any other team in the division.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Still don't understand why Perquis has been frozen out as IMO he's better than both of them defensively and quite happy with the ball at his feet.
    He's slow, ponderous and has made a fair few mistakes. He's offered absolutely no more than any of our other defenders this season and was a complete waste of a transfer..

Quote Originally Posted by stockers View Post
    He's slow, ponderous and has made a fair few mistakes. He's offered absolutely no more than any of our other defenders this season and was a complete waste of a transfer..
    I agree he was a waste in the context of having a load of centre backs already at the club but I disagree with the other statements you made. He was no worse than Mills or Hobbs and was much happier with the ball

Best served cold

We've had a few of them in recent years. Dumitru, Bendtner and Lica under PM, Brazil wasting time and money on Tshibola, Texiera, McCormack and the lad from chesterfield he never played and then there's half a dozen managers before them.

Thank goodness we've got McParland in to sort out the recruitment problems at this club. Fawaz will no doubt find a way to bugger it up though.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post
    We've had a few of them in recent years. Dumitru, Bendtner and Lica under PM, Brazil wasting time and money on Tshibola, Texiera, McCormack and the lad from chesterfield he never played and then there's half a dozen managers before them.

Thank goodness we've got McParland in to sort out the recruitment problems at this club. Fawaz will no doubt find a way to bugger it up though.
    It could be that, since we had already clearly been in contact with McParland, Warburton, Weir et al prior to any of them coming, and indeed prior to them parting company with Rangers, that Fawaz was already discussing with them what players may need bringing in, knowing that Brazil and Lester were in interim charge, and that at the end of the season if not sooner he would bring them in (especially with them being available).

With no loan window you need to have signed the players before the main window shuts, after all...

So, it's possible that the fact we needed midfield cover and another striker had been identified, and that these players were brought in having been discussed with the new management team.

I'm not sure about the loan players but you can see why (Assuming they had actually signed the right Joao Teixeira...) because McCormack is a proven scorer at this level.

The lad from Chesterfield was clearly not for this season.

Or maybe not...

Wrong thread - but shame McClaren couldn't have stayed at the sheep a bit longer.
    McClaren vs Dyche
    https://youtu.be/4juEa2qjYzI

What's clear for next season is that we need a midfield general! If still in the Championship, I'd love us to go for Leadbitter.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Statto View Post
    It could be that, since we had already clearly been in contact with McParland, Warburton, Weir et al prior to any of them coming, and indeed prior to them parting company with Rangers, that Fawaz was already discussing with them what players may need bringing in, knowing that Brazil and Lester were in interim charge, and that at the end of the season if not sooner he would bring them in (especially with them being available).

With no loan window you need to have signed the players before the main window shuts, after all...

So, it's possible that the fact we needed midfield cover and another striker had been identified, and that these players were brought in having been discussed with the new management team.

I'm not sure about the loan players but you can see why (Assuming they had actually signed the right Joao Teixeira...) because McCormack is a proven scorer at this level.

The lad from Chesterfield was clearly not for this season.

Or maybe not...
    It could be, but those signings happened right when Fawaz announced Brazil would be in charge until the end of the season, and possibly beyond, and Brazil himself said he'd drawn up the list and worked to get the signings in. So I can't imagine Warburton, Weir and McParland were involved at the time. Could have been though.

As for the lad from Chesterfield, I don't buy the "clearly not for this season" line either. I think that's what the assumption has become because he's not played.

McCormack though, I don't really believe he's a waste of money as during the run in, if he plays, his goals will be pivotal for us

Last edited by incapable hulk; 22-03-17 at 11:11.

The signings and loans made under GB (whoever they were by) seem of an entirely different standard to those in the summer. Although I don't agree with RM on a purely financial basis you can't deny he's been a top player in the past. And the chap from chesterfield is obviously one for the future and under no pressure to do anything this year. I'd assume that if he'd really smashed it in training then he'd have been included but he hasn't, doesn't mean he's not going to be up for it next year. Not everything is that black and white is it.. We've probably wasted a million on two shit keepers this year when we have two better prospects sat in our youth team. We can't make judgments until they get on the pitch.

Best served cold

Other than Clough, Brazil barely played any of the signings he made. Two of them haven't played at all, one has appeared just the once (I think) and McCormack has featured occasionally but that's about it.

The quality might be better, but ultimately they aren't any more useful if we are paying them to not play. I can completely see the logic behind McCormack, he's a brilliant player for this division but it's a waste of time and money if we don't use him. No matter how you try to spin it the recruitment process has been shockingly bad for a long time and it's something that hopefully McParland and Warburton can fix.

Hopefully Warburton will make better use of the newer signings because otherwise Brazil has continued the trend of managers wasting money.

The signings and loans made under GB (whoever they were by) seem of an entirely different standard to those in the summer. Although I don't agree with RM on a purely financial basis you can't deny he's been a top player in the past. And the chap from chesterfield is obviously one for the future and under no pressure to do anything this year. I'd assume that if he'd really smashed it in training then he'd have been included but he hasn't, doesn't mean he's not going to be up for it next year. Not everything is that black and white is it.. We've probably wasted a million on two shit keepers this year when we have two better prospects sat in our youth team. We can't make judgments until they get on the pitch.
    Given we haven,t seen Texeira, Aryibi, Tshibola & only fleeting glimpses of McCormack. Theres a contradiction in there somewhere.

Truth is we're none the wiser given none have been asked to contribute much.

Last edited by MASE; 22-03-17 at 11:54.