Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Jordan Smith gigathread!

Default Re: Jordan Smith gigathread!

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Still dont stop the rumblings about replacing him in January though.
    Bringing another keeper in isn't necessarily replacing him. It's called strengthening the squad and creating competition for places. If he can produce performances consistently then he has nothing to worry about.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Still dont stop the rumblings about replacing him in January though.

Nonsense for me, the lads distribution is fine & the big saves keep coming.
    I'd say his distributions getting better too. Amazing what can happen if young players are given a bit of time

I don't think any Jan signing will be about replacing him though. Hell I don't think we'll sign any keeper permenant tbh. Think we'll just get a loan keeper in to add depth & serve as someone he can learn off, and who can cover him when off-form or injured.

No doubt him being dropped at any point will turn into the usual "fell out with Warbs/shagging someones missus/etc." bullshit which drongtards make up to entertain themselves

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 30-10-17 at 13:39.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Super Coops View Post
    Bringing another keeper in isn't necessarily replacing him. It's called strengthening the squad and creating competition for places. If he can produce performances consistently then he has nothing to worry about.
    He's produced consistently since he got the shirt, more than when you consider the magnitude of some of his saves.

I get the squad theory, but I don't get why folk risk unsettling him by making him the focal point of every inquest into our defensive issues.

Theres plenty out there who'd still bomb him out.

Impressive member

I also think his distribution has improved.
    A keeper in January is definitely not a priority.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Super Coops View Post
    It will be a big mistake if we don't bring in a keeper in January still.

Footy Manager Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    It's almost as if time in the side is giving him confidence
    Yeah, strange that

He's produced consistently since he got the shirt, more than when you consider the magnitude of some of his saves.

I get the squad theory, but I don't get why folk risk unsettling him by making him the focal point of every inquest into our defensive issues.

Theres plenty out there who'd still bomb him out.
    Feel the 'most assured' with him out of all our goalkeepers since I don't know when. And you know there is an up-side which is hard because since he has come into the team it is almost as if he had been it for a while.

Ward, Gerrard, Smith, Camp, Darlow, de Vries in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    It will be a big mistake if we don't bring in a keeper in January still.
    Straight in the team?

Don't get why you drop Smith when it looks like we're going to end up in mid-table.

If we're in a relegation battle and you need a more experienced keeper to steady the ship, fine. If you're pushing for play-offs last few games and need that experienced keeper to get over the line, fine.

But if we continue like we are then why replace Smith? Let him have a full season to build his game and confidence so he's better for next season when that loan keeper aint here anymore.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Too School for Cool

I was always of the opinion that we needed a more experienced keeper as number 1, but now I'm not so sure.

Think we should see how he does between now and January and assess then.

We just need a backup, Henderson is crap. And I doubt smith is learning much from him but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    I was always of the opinion that we needed a more experienced keeper as number 1, but now I'm not so sure.

Think we should see how he does between now and January and assess then.
    Ive always been of the opinion that the experience added should be at CB.... thats still not changed.

Smith is fine, just get him playing all games out at training.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Ive always been of the opinion that the experience added should be at CB.... thats still not changed.

Smith is fine, just get him playing all games out at training.
    God damn I wish we got dean from Brentford. Should we look in Europe since we need someone who would fit our system?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    I also think his distribution has improved.
    A keeper in January is definitely not a priority.

Au contraire!
    All we need is an injury to Smith and all we have to fall back on is Henderson, and no one would feel confident about that (particularly the defenders in front of him).
    I know we have Evtimov (just gone on emergency loan to Port Vale - where he went straight into the team and had a shocker according to reports), but he is not really living up to the early promise shown.
    A keeper is a priority in my book.
    Sir Brian reckoned Shilts earned Forest 20 points a season...
    OK, so Smith is not in the same class, but I think he is a decent first choice, but if he gets injured I think we would be up that well known creek minus a paddle.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    God damn I wish we got dean from Brentford. Should we look in Europe since we need someone who would fit our system?
    Dont matter where they are from as long as they fit.

Impressive member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Au contraire!
    All we need is an injury to Smith and all we have to fall back on is Henderson, and no one would feel confident about that (particularly the defenders in front of him).
    I know we have Evtimov (just gone on emergency loan to Port Vale - where he went straight into the team and had a shocker according to reports), but he is not really living up to the early promise shown.
    A keeper is a priority in my book.
    Sir Brian reckoned Shilts earned Forest 20 points a season...
    OK, so Smith is not in the same class, but I think he is a decent first choice, but if he gets injured I think we would be up that well known creek minus a paddle.
    Yeah, good point in us needing a backup in case of injury.

It was a funny game for him at Reading. He did a lot of things right but letting in goals like he did was not like him but it proves we all human. Since he has come into our team, the maturity he has shown in desperate times is quite remarkable. Same can be said of our other young players.

This is not a dig.

But just go watch the Brentford v Leeds goals from yesterday and you never see Jordan Smith do that and they not the only one's I've seen this season.

So the notion he wouldn't make any other Champ team to me is far from true and he is still getting better.

Stick with Smith for the season. There's no pressure on us to do anything this year and he'll get the room to make any mistakes without being hounded by our fans.

Same with Worrall, Tyler, Brereton etc. Anyone younger players still developing their game should be given as much game time as possible so next year and the year after they're used to the pace and demands of this league.

Only criticism of Smith would be his distribution but since he first came in until now that has drastically improved to the point where it is barely an issue.