Seems the current state of the squad, based on 4-2-3-1, is

Smith, Evtimov, Henderson
    Lichaj, Traoré, Fox
    Mancienne, Mills, Worrall,
    Vaughan, Cohen, Cash, Grant
    Ward, Carayol, Osborne, Clough, Ariyibi
    Assombalonga, Cummings, Brereton, Walker

Others who are still around, but probably will go Stojkovic, Lam, Perquis,

So first team squad without any younger players coming up at 22, which means so far we are looking at the same first eleven as last year, as assume at this point that Cummings is back up to Britt.

This team will not get us anywhere near the playoffs. More new additions needed please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Current state of the squad

A reliable commanding central midfielder is our biggest need. I'd be happy with only that.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

Default Current state of the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    A reliable commanding central midfielder is our biggest need. I'd be happy with only that.
    Blimey! You're easily pleased. Fancy going on a date?

Last edited by WillE; 26-06-17 at 11:13.

I look at the squad and think we need strengthening in nearly all areas. It's a little worrying.

This squads goes down as is. Simply ss. We need two full backs. A centre back. Two wingers. Strong defensive midfielder. That's at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by WillE View Post
    I look at the squad and think we need strengthening in nearly all areas. It's a little worrying.
    Exactly. Those in charge can't see it like though with the lack of transfer activity.

Our only hope is MW waving his magic wand. Not a situation we can rely upon. We need a reliable GK too.

Quote Originally Posted by forest_forever_99 View Post

This team will not get us anywhere near the playoffs. More new additions needed please.
    Thing is, bar Warburton being a Billy-brilliant level Championship manager, we're a club who needs considerable reshaping all round if we're to become one which can challenge for the playoffs anyway.

So I really wouldn't push for/expext a playoff challenge anyway. I'd see one as a bonus whilst the rest of the club sorts itself out, & we lay the foundation of some much needed stability.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Yeah I think we need RB, LB, CM, and another attacker/winger as a minimum and even then I'd still be a bit worried about the squad. I think we could see a keeper, a CB, another CM and another attacker/winger added to that as well.

Thing is we need all these players added to the fact Warburton wanted his transfer business done early. So what's happening? Why are they failing to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Trentendscott View Post
    Thing is we need all these players added to the fact Warburton wanted his transfer business done early. So what's happening? Why are they failing to do so?
    Its clear business acumen from NFFC. Every man and his dog is trying to get business done before pre-season - so it makes sense to wait for the market to cool down a little bit before making purchases.

We've obviously been scouting players - even bidding for Tavernier, apparently signed Liam Bossin for the U23s.

I don't think the squad is as bad as you're making out. We don't need wingers (we have 5), we don't need a centre back (we have 6).

We definitely need wingers. Some pace out wide that can put balls into the box. Something we don't have. Our wingers are all awful.

Left Winger

I've heard Warburton and McParland are lazing around in an opium den with Frank Bough and Sylvia Kristel?

Given that, it's unsurprising that there's been little progress on transfers.

They've probably just left it to the returning Johnny Metgod, who has no doubt made his entrance to the WFCG having brought with him some extra-strength Amsterdam skunk.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

We also definitely need a centre back. A Micheal Dawson type to play alongside Worrall

Left Winger

We also definitely need a centre back. A Micheal Dawson type to play alongside Worrall
    What about that Michael Dawson from Hull?

He's the best Michael Dawson-type Centre Back I've seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Thing is, bar Warburton being a Billy-brilliant level Championship manager, we're a club who needs considerable reshaping all round if we're to become one which can challenge for the playoffs anyway.

So I really wouldn't push for/expext a playoff challenge anyway. I'd see one as a bonus whilst the rest of the club sorts itself out, & we lay the foundation of some much needed stability.
    Speaking of billy... I had a dream he was coming back last night. I was in the forum and there was huge speculation of him coming back, but MW was still our manager at the time.

I just had to tell someone so it doesn't come true

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

As Jack Hobbs got injured again, as he's not on your list

Whatever happens, a full season with Warburton in charge will definitely see an upturn in our fortunes. I dont see us anywhere near the bottom given the new set up.

I think if we have apsirations beyond bottom half, we need a significant signing at the base of midfield. No matter what system Warburton plays, he'll always want it playing out from the back. As it sits, we just havent got the tools for effective cover in front of the back four, or the vision to get that ball moving forward quick enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Speaking of billy... I had a dream he was coming back last night. I was in the forum and there was huge speculation of him coming back, but MW was still our manager at the time.

I just had to tell someone so it doesn't come true

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully Warburton will finally be the man who successfully replaces him. But after 9 attempts to do so, even his biggest haters must recognize how good a manager he is at this level.

When I hear talk of the top 6 I cringe at how easy some think it is to break in to. Anyone doing that is getting this club punching well above it's weight currently, and Warburton shouldn't be viewed as failing if he doesn't challenge for the top 6 this year.

All this 'we need strength in all areas', I just think we need a stable team. A same 11 we choose week in week out (bar the occasional injury), and we have the basis of a fully gelled together team who read each other and play together well.
    Yes we do need a couple of additions, but our squad isn't as bad as people make out.

Yeah let's just play the same 11 players week in week out even if we are bottom of the table. This current team barely managed to stay in the lesgue so yes we need more than two additions.

Yeah let's just play the same 11 players week in week out even if we are bottom of the table. This current team barely managed to stay in the lesgue so yes we need more than two additions.
    I would have Berto back so you can have him as your winger. But I don't see the need for another 5/6 players - we need a DM, a left back and maybe another right back to compete with Lichaj.

We need two wingers. What did we lack all season? Width outs wide and someone that can put a ball in the box. No bloody osbourn outwide.

The current team had their legs pulled out from beneath them by a chairman who treated them like a bunch of *****.

While footballers at this level might be relatively well paid, there is an expectation to get paid on time as per your contract.

Failure to do so would inevitably lead to a drop off in performance, just like any of us would if we were getting fucked around by our employers.

Our first team squad doesn't need much tinkering with. A vocal bastard midfielder would be great, however our greatest need is to be able to field fit players who's conditioning needs to started now in the close season, not when they breakdown in the future.

As long as we don't lose players to other clubs we have enough on board already but a couple of sensible additions wouldn't be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well obviously that would need addressing. Your post is half sarcasm and half agreeing with me, which is confusing.

On paper, we do have a good starting 11. Lichaj, Mancienne, Hobbs, Traore as a back 4 fills me with confidence, however, being able to last a full season with those 4 all staying fit and healthy is quite doubtful.

Cohen and Vaughan are both prone to an injury, but not just that we need to replace them anyway as they are reaching their final years.

The signing of Cummings is very positive, and along with Assombalonga and Brereton completes our striking options.

Clough is also someone who is fairly new still so I still treat as a new signing, especially with this new season new slate, new start etc.