Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71

Thread: Burton Away

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,636

    Default Burton Away

    They seem to be mucking around a bit with these tickets. 900 odd already sold of the 1700 allocation and no indication yet when they will go on sale to ST holders. I'm desperate to go this because I work in Burton, it'll be s new ground it it's going to be an absolutely crucial game!


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,993

    Default Re: Burton Away

    I won't get one, not a ST holder/away member. But I'm going either way. It's a fantastic opportunity to flood Burton town centre then visit the Neptune in Derby on the way home.
    We've been training for it for months, fighting each other in Sherwood forest. This MMA dude wearing a red and white balaclava bummed me in the sauna during a 'bonding session' whilst I was drinking fruit tea and he assured me it's how the Russians prepare for big games.
    I kinda bought into it at the time but I haven't shit for three days and I'm getting worried now.

    Anyhow, see you there. U Reds!

    Last edited by Bryn Gunn; 22-02-17 at 00:15.

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,082

    Default Re: Burton Away




  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    preston
    Posts
    2,062

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Haha 😃


  6. #5
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,273

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I won't get one, not a ST holder/away member. But I'm going either way. It's a fantastic opportunity to flood Burton town centre then visit the Neptune in Derby on the way home.
    We've been training for it for months, fighting each other in Sherwood forest. This MMA dude wearing a red and white balaclava bummed me in the sauna during a 'bonding session' whilst I was drinking fruit tea and he assured me it's how the Russians prepare for big games.
    I kinda bought into it at the time but I haven't shit for three days and I'm getting worried now.

    Anyhow, see you there. U Reds!
    This is the kind of fighting spirit I want to see on the terraces.

    Those wankers from Burton and Derby should fear our Men!

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  7. #6

    Default Re: Burton Away

    I've got my ticket already. New ground and a crucial game


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Vale of Belvoir
    Posts
    16,570

    Default Re: Burton Away

    NC showing his worth to Burton in the dog-fight run in.


  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,082

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by NYR View Post
    I've got my ticket already. New ground and a crucial game
    Me too, complimentary, in the directors box

    It's also my birthday, so Swaggers will be making great use of the complimentary bar at the home of the British brewing industry


  10. #9
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,993

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Me too, complimentary, in the directors box

    It's also my birthday, so Swaggers will be making great use of the complimentary bar at the home of the British brewing industry
    I hope you enjoy your prawn sandwiches

    Seriously though, have a good un Swaggers.


  11. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,082

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I hope you enjoy your prawn sandwiches

    Seriously though, have a good un Swaggers.
    Prawn sandwiches?

    Cheeky ****

    This is Burton Albion we're talking about here. No prawn sandwiches there.

    After brewing Burtons big claim to fame is that it is the home of Marmite, made from the left-over yeast in the brewing industry.

    Swaggers loves himself a Marmite sandwich.

    Being serious for a minute, the courier business expands into Burton from April, it's a good chance to get to know a few of the movers and shakers in the town.

    Like most things in life it's not what you know, but who you know.


  12. #11
    I Second That Emotion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham Common Southside
    Posts
    21,400

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Prawn sandwiches?

    Cheeky ****

    This is Burton Albion we're talking about here. No prawn sandwiches there.

    After brewing Burtons big claim to fame is that it is the home of Marmite, made from the left-over yeast in the brewing industry.

    Swaggers loves himself a Marmite sandwich.

    Being serious for a minute, the courier business expands into Burton from April, it's a good chance to get to know a few of the movers and shakers in the town.

    Like most things in life it's not what you know, but who you know.
    Beer sandwiches are the thing round those parts


  13. #12
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,993

    Default Re: Burton Away

    I do like the town of Burton and surrounding area. Seems a bit old fashioned with plenty of proper boozers, with people in them.
    Remember their old ground as well. Not so keen on the new one but that's progression, and no one has progressed as well as them in recent times.
    Fleetwood are giving it a good go though.

    Big question is, what the fuck happened to Bass Shandy? Loved that stuff when I was a nipper but never see it now.


  14. #13
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,076

    Default Re: Burton Away

    What date is this on general sale? (If it gets there)


    #Samuel4Mod #MakeLTLFGreatAgain


  15. #14
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,273

    Default Re: Burton Away

    When I was a nipper I drank Guinness and Double Diamond.


  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Prawn sandwiches?

    Cheeky ****

    This is Burton Albion we're talking about here. No prawn sandwiches there.

    After brewing Burtons big claim to fame is that it is the home of Marmite, made from the left-over yeast in the brewing industry.

    Swaggers loves himself a Marmite sandwich.

    Being serious for a minute, the courier business expands into Burton from April, it's a good chance to get to know a few of the movers and shakers in the town.

    Like most things in life it's not what you know, but who you know.
    Find out where the fuckers buy their lights for me.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,430

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    What date is this on general sale? (If it gets there)


    #Samuel4Mod #MakeLTLFGreatAgain
    I doubt they'll make it to general release.

    Waiting to hear when go on sale to season ticket holders at mo as wanting one big time like a fair few others.


  18. #17
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,993

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Sam, you'll have to come with our lot.
    Making a nuisance of ourselves...


  19. #18
    Miserable bastard
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    , Location, Location.
    Posts
    20,347

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Big question is, what the fuck happened to Bass Shandy? Loved that stuff when I was a nipper but never see it now.
    Available in all good Sainsbury's...


  20. #19
    I Second That Emotion
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Clapham Common Southside
    Posts
    21,400

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    I do like the town of Burton and surrounding area. Seems a bit old fashioned with plenty of proper boozers, with people in them.
    Remember their old ground as well. Not so keen on the new one but that's progression, and no one has progressed as well as them in recent times.
    Fleetwood are giving it a good go though.

    Big question is, what the fuck happened to Bass Shandy? Loved that stuff when I was a nipper but never see it now.
    Finally! Someone who gets the name the right way round

    Every time someone says "Shandy Bass" a part of me dies


  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,636

    Default Re: Burton Away

    On sale on Saturday at 9am to fans with 8 or more away games under their belt. Wigan on Saturday will be my 9th fortunately so I'll have to be quick on the internet!


  22. #21
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,993

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Available in all good Sainsbury's...
    Good man! I'll be getting some of that in...


  23. #22
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,352

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    Available in all good Sainsbury's...
    I genuinely got suspended from work for going out on my lunch, buying a can of it and then leisurely drinking it at my desk..... i was reported by someone whos religion didn't allow for them to consume alcohol and they werent happy that someone who sat about 40 feet away in a room of 100 plus people was enjoying it.

    I very nearly lost my job over it.... i thought they were joking at first until i got escorted off the property.


  24. #23
    The Foam Hand
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Curry House
    Posts
    21,993

    Default Re: Burton Away



    What a world we live in. Absurd.


  25. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    14,082

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I genuinely got suspended from work for going out on my lunch, buying a can of it and then leisurely drinking it at my desk..... i was reported by someone whos religion didn't allow for them to consume alcohol and they werent happy that someone who sat about 40 feet away in a room of 100 plus people was enjoying it.

    I very nearly lost my job over it.... i thought they were joking at first until i got escorted off the property.
    When I worked at Firth Rixsons and then Forgemaster at the Abyssinia Foundry we were positively encouraged to have a few beers at lunch time at the Welbeck pub next door.

    As soon as you got within 10 meters of the furnaces the booze would disappear as you sweated your knackers off.

    Nobody ever batted an eyelid about it, in fact they'd more likely ask a question of you if you didn't have a pint or two


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    AMONGST RAMS IN DERBYSHIRE
    Posts
    248

    Default Re: Burton Away

    Quote Originally Posted by Loughborough_red View Post
    On sale on Saturday at 9am to fans with 8 or more away games under their belt. Wigan on Saturday will be my 9th fortunately so I'll have to be quick on the internet!
    Just found out on sale today (Friday) NOW SOLD OUT ! BUGGER ! Lesson learnt , don't believe all what you read on here


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •