Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

View Poll Results: Do I give a toss?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah - Fawaz is a cnut so who gices a shirt?

    13 44.83%
  • Nah - the players are all wayne kerrs so I don't give a shirt

    5 17.24%
  • Nah - Wednesday are better than us so I dont give a shurt

    18 62.07%
  • Nah - Brazils's a tosspot so I dont give a shirt.

    4 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 406

Thread: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

      
  1. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,992

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Somebody is gonna have a stinking head in the morning
    Woke up this morning with mouth like the bottom of a parrot's cage and head that was throbbing.
    Strangely enough Mrs S was in a reconciliatory mood.
    Just back from walking the dogs for 2 hours round the fields.
    Spring-like morning and as Mother-In-Law has just departed with Sister-in-law all is sweetness and light.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In the noisy bit of the quiet stand
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    I have no idea who'll win , but I'm hoping for a hatful of goals.
    4-3 to us, that'll do.
    I hope we can find a goalie in time.


  4. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,237

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Smith
    Lichaj Hobbs Worrall Pinillos
    Vaughn Osborn
    Ward Mccormack Clough
    Britt
    Probably my choice of team too. Leaving McCormack out would leave out a top predator. Only players I'd consider changing would be Manc (if available) for Worrall and Tshibola for Ozzy. We've got to play with confidence and concentration. Win.


  5. #29

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    Park the bus, get 11 men behind the ball. At least that way we've got a chance of only getting beaten by 2 or 3.
    Not sure why folk are so convinced they'll spin us over? We've lost 2 tough away games, 1 of them very narrowly.

    Wendies are a good side no doubt and I'd have them as faves, but I'd say we're nowhere near the outsiders some reckon we are. Especially not at home.

    The last thing I'd do is park the bus. Keeo it tight and counter attack? Maybe. But we've goals in the side and can stand our own ground.

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  6. #30
    Impressive member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    6,403

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Wednesday have been getting the results but they haven't been playing that well.
    Jack Hunt's crosses into the box are a concern, especially with Winnall and Rhodes on the end of them.
    Deal with that and we might just nick the game.
    1-0 Mccormack

    Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk


  7. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,107

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Not sure why folk are so convinced they'll spin us over? We've lost 2 tough away games, 1 of them very narrowly.

    Wendies are a good side no doubt and I'd have them as faves, but I'd say we're nowhere near the outsiders some reckon we are. Especially not at home.

    The last thing I'd do is park the bus. Keeo it tight and counter attack? Maybe. But we've goals in the side and can stand our own ground.
    The worry for me going forward is yet again we seem to be in a position where every approach has gaping flaws in it.

    If we bring it to the opposition we cant cope defensively, if we take to the counter we've got no pace, if we want a steady posession game we've got no movement or shape. This is where we need a manager to get hold of it & start again.

    When all else fails, pick the approach that least suits the opposition. Wednesday like to counter, Id give them the ball.


  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    5,544

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Someone else is using my season ticket for this one, missing my second home game of the season in the space of a month.

    We'll beat Sheffield Wednesday. Goals from Bendtner, Assombalonga and Ward.


  9. #33

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    The worry for me going forward is yet again we seem to be in a position where every approach has gaping flaws in it.

    If we bring it to the opposition we cant cope defensively, if we take to the counter we've got no pace, if we want a steady posession game we've got no movement or shape. This is where we need a manager to get hold of it & start again.

    When all else fails, pick the approach that least suits the opposition. Wednesday like to counter, Id give them the ball.
    Think it could work, so long as we have options further up the field ourselves as opposed to a purely "backs to the wall" performance. It's a gamble I know, but I think we can get our noses in front that way.


  10. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,654

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    cgaf


  11. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,107

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Strangely enough Mrs S was in a reconciliatory mood.
    You've had a right result there.

    My Mrs can drag an argument out for months.

    You've apologised havent you?

    Last edited by MASE; 17-02-17 at 13:48.

  12. #36
    Devils favourite advocate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,709

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    Speaking of own goals a game against Sheffield Wednesday reminds me of my favourite ever own goal by Terry Wilson against the Owls. Somehow managing to hack it high into the roof of the net when just about on the goal. 90/91 or thereabouts at the Bridgford End.
    4th November 89... the goal that defied physics....how he scored it even now i dont know.


  13. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    3,316

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    4th November 89... the goal that defied physics....how he scored it even now i dont know.
    This is the beauty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsq-0_ncCHI


  14. #38
    Devils favourite advocate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,709

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    They were bottom as well.... if memory serves me well we then relegated them on the last day of the season?


  15. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    3,316

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They were bottom as well.... if memory serves me well we then relegated them on the last day of the season?
    Yep spot on, we beat them 3-0 and they went down on goal difference with Luton staying up.


  16. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,055

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    I'd quite like to see that lad we signed from Chesterfield in the squad, anyone know why he's not yet been included? He has pace to burn doesn't he? And what the hell has Vellios done wrong lately to not get a sniff?


  17. #41

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    Yep spot on, we beat them 3-0 and they went down on goal difference with Luton staying up.

    Yeah thanks for that reminder, horrible day, think I remember a Psycho special at the Lepp end.

    Always love my trips to Forest, proper club (barring the bat shit owner) and good fans, knowledgeable and fair.



    Edit :

    And unlike the sheep molestors up the A52 you don't crib our songs and try and pass em off as your own, weird Fuchs.


  18. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Wits' End
    Posts
    6,107

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by tricky_tree1982 View Post
    I'd quite like to see that lad we signed from Chesterfield in the squad, anyone know why he's not yet been included? He has pace to burn doesn't he? And what the hell has Vellios done wrong lately to not get a sniff?
    Im Guessing, but problems with the defence mean players like Aryibi & Pereira aint getting a sniff because they're not perceived as workhorses.

    Wouldnt anticipate seeing Pereira again & Aryibi maybe when we're safe.

    As for strikers, I suspect Brereton has become first choice to get him firmly in the shop window to fund next seasons assault on the Premiership.


  19. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Taking my seat in BC Upper for this, had a proper set too last season with a couple of pissed up Wendies in the home end, expecting same again.

    As for the game, Forestieri was on the bench last game, that would help. They've got some serious firepower & find themselves in good form.
    Think I'd go on the counter for this, give em the ball & hope to catch them out.

    Smith
    Lichaj Hobbs Worrall Pinillos
    Vaughn Osborn
    Ward Mccormack Clough
    Britt

    Wont be pretty

    1-1

    20k watch it from behind their seats.
    Was one silly fucker in A block swinging a Weds shirt around and eventually had a rather large number of people wanting to lynch him.

    The stewards managed to save his bacon luckily for him.


  20. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Long Eaton
    Posts
    3,316

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkley_owl View Post
    Yeah thanks for that reminder, horrible day, think I remember a Psycho special at the Lepp end.
    You might not want to click this link then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1rGEMERkgg

    Awesome one two from Psycho at 5:40

    Last edited by bhastings316; 17-02-17 at 16:04.

  21. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    You might not want to click this link then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1rGEMERkgg

    Awesome one two from Psycho at 5:40
    Fuck knows how they never scored


  22. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    ROBIN HOOD CITY
    Posts
    2,315

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Last edited by redanddeadly; 17-02-17 at 16:25.

  23. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,116

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Where's Joao Teixeira by the way... seems bizarre that he's not involved at all.


  24. #48
    Devils favourite advocate
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    36,709

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Walkley_owl View Post
    Yeah thanks for that reminder, horrible day, think I remember a Psycho special at the Lepp end.

    Always love my trips to Forest, proper club (barring the bat shit owner) and good fans, knowledgeable and fair.



    Edit :

    And unlike the sheep molestors up the A52 you don't crib our songs and try and pass em off as your own, weird Fuchs.
    Again im delving into my 80s childhood memory bank but wasn't your manager big Ron at that point...im sure i remember him resting his head on the dugout as the realisation set in.... could be worse i suppose.... you could be Luton... or even worse, us.


  25. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,303

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Wednesday play a 442, so I'm thinking perhaps we go with like a 4-3-1-2.

    Stojkovic
    Lichaj Hobbs Worrall Pinillos
    Cash Vaughan Osborn
    Clough
    McCormack Assombalonga

    Gone with an active high intensity midfield, as they've got Forestieri, Bannan and Wallace who can all create.
    The more we starve Rhodes and Winnall who lets face it are both capable a getting a goal, the better.

    I look at the possible teams and on paper, we're as good as them apart from maybe in goal. But, I can't say I'd throw Jordan Smith in there against Rhodes and Winnall, I see it ending badly.


  26. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,992

    Default Re: Match Day 30 something: Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyBala View Post
    Wednesday play a 442, so I'm thinking perhaps we go with like a 4-3-1-2.

    Stojkovic
    Lichaj Hobbs Worrall Pinillos
    Cash Vaughan Osborn
    Clough
    McCormack Assombalonga

    Gone with an active high intensity midfield, as they've got Forestieri, Bannan and Wallace who can all create.
    The more we starve Rhodes and Winnall who lets face it are both capable a getting a goal, the better.

    I look at the possible teams and on paper, we're as good as them apart from maybe in goal. But, I can't say I'd throw Jordan Smith in there against Rhodes and Winnall, I see it ending badly.
    Wot - no Danny Fox?
    Scapegoater!


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •