Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attending a home match on crutches.

...the Liatrom Red

Default Re: Attending a home match on crutches.

Quote Originally Posted by forestzoe View Post
    And yes, it's not just poor but appalling that nobody has returned calls.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Sent them a really nice email as well, and an equally nice follow up.

I didn't want any freebies or anything just some advice on how I could still go and watch my beloved Forest with a temporary disability.

Phone lines will be mad today with people like me seeking out Burton tickets so might just have to sack it off, which I'll be seriously peeved off about.

In hindsight I should probably have got a solicitor on their ass and threatened to sue them for failing in their duty of care. Might have got a response then :-(

Last edited by Roonaldo; 17-02-17 at 09:04.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    It's poor that no one has got back to you.

Not quite the same predicament but I suffer with my knees sometimes and need to have my legs stretched out. I find an aisle seat in the lower clough helps with this, especially in T Block as you are next to an empty block of seats with few people walking up the aisle.

Hope you get to the game and find a comfy seat
    The first sign that winter is truly on it's way every year for me is when I walk up the steps on the way in, and the knee pain kicks in.

"Be kind to knees, you'll miss them when they're gone"

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

If Forest were a shop or a non fan based brand they'd have gone bust years ago for their shocking customer care and product offering

Then again I suppose that's the nature of football. We aren't the worst but we're far from being near the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post

I didn't want any freebies or anything just some advice on how I could still go and watch my beloved Forest with a temporary disability.

Phone lines will be mad today with people like me seeking out Burton tickets so might just have to sack it off, which I'll be seriously peeved off about.

In hindsight I should probably have got a solicitor on their ass and threatened to sue them for failing in their duty of care. Might have got a response then :-(
    I have got Jeff's direct number somewhere but can't find it. He's the person to speak to, via ticket office. Forget the switchboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo's Bus View Post
    but couldn't fault the Club for all their help. Hope you get the same treatment.

very good

Wouldn't the first rows of Lower Bridgeford be best, you can walk through without having to go up many steps at all and could get out taxi in car park.

You've got a fair walk still to hobble to corner of Trent End/ Brian Clough stand, good luck anyway and fair play to your dedication!

Last edited by redanddeadly; 17-02-17 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post

Its not just Forest with this kind of thing. I've seen several people, my missus included when she had her hip op that have paid for seats with extra legroom. Only to find when you get on the plane the cabin staff say, I'm very sorry you can't sit there its an emergency exit. We've written to the airline and never received either an answer nor has the extra payment been refunded.
    Must admit it was handled the best on a Ryan air flight when the guy in front of me was asked to move and they came to an agreement that if he just sat somewhere else for take off and landing he could use his extra legroom seat for the duration of the flight.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

My dad (very senior citizen) injured his knee a few weeks ago and was worried about the onslaught of steps up to the upper Trent End.

Enquiries with the club quietly asking if there's some accessibility mechanism - even a goods lift if it came to it - revealed the answer 'no'.

DDA act came into force 1994.
    Trent End was built 1995 +-

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    My dad (very senior citizen) injured his knee a few weeks ago and was worried about the onslaught of steps up to the upper Trent End.

Enquiries with the club quietly asking if there's some accessibility mechanism - even a goods lift if it came to it - revealed the answer 'no'.

From memory I thought there was a lift in The Castle Club and surely that has an exit somewhere around TE upper for a fire escape?

RICE #6

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    From memory I thought there was a lift in The Castle Club and surely that has an exit somewhere around TE upper for a fire escape?
    There is a lift in the Castle Club. I'm just not sure how far up it goes.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'

There is a lift to the castle club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    There is a lift in the Castle Club. I'm just not sure how far up it goes.
    If anybody was to know how far "up it goes", I'd have thought it would be you

RICE #6

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    If anybody was to know how far "up it goes", I'd have thought it would be you
    All the way.

Left Winger

Careful now!

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Can you get a room for these two up in the castle club?

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    Can you get a room for these two up in the castle club?
    And complimentary parking for their Austin Powers-style Shaguar in the Car Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post

Shocking treatment of your Dad and you - and you both being photographic models responsible for the decline in ticket sales

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    Shocking treatment of your Dad and you - and you both being photographic models responsible for the decline in ticket sales
    lol

Do we know how the OP got on today?

Quote Originally Posted by redanddeadly View Post
    Wouldn't the first rows of Lower Bridgeford be best, you can walk through without having to go up many steps at all and could get out taxi in car park.

You've got a fair walk still to hobble to corner of Trent End/ Brian Clough stand, good luck anyway and fair play to your dedication!
    Roonaldo said he was taking the kids. Unless the kids are all over 12 LB is not an option, hence why club wanted me to move to BC lower area, despite it being further. (My daughter is 11 ).

Hope you got sorted in the end Roonaldo.