Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Dave Serella

      
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton
    Posts
    6,466

    Default Dave Serella

    Thank you to Oldmanred for bringing my attention to the very sad news that Dave has been diagnosed with early-stage dementia. He bravely appeared on Radio 2 this morning to discuss the issue concerning brain damage and continually heading a football.

    I can confirm that Dave is a top fella and a very modest one who would never profess to being anything other than an average defender at best during his career, but no one could ever question his courage or his committment when he played for us. It looks as though he's approaching his current predicament with the same desire that he used to attack the ball in the air.

    Very best of luck with your fight Dave.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Findern, South Derbyshire.
    Posts
    3,026

    Default Re: Dave Serella

    Very sad news...Thanks for sharing Otis.


  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sandhurst
    Posts
    1,758

    Default Re: Dave Serella

    Nowt to add except awful illness that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy or their family.


  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    2,337

    Default Re: Dave Serella

    If I remember right Dave was one of the players physically assaulted as they left the pitch when those jolly Geordie scamps invaded the pitch. Back 4 that day Winfield, O'Kane, Chapman and Dave. 4 more genuine honest football lads you'll struggle to find


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton
    Posts
    6,466

    Default Re: Dave Serella

    Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    If I remember right Dave was one of the players physically assaulted as they left the pitch when those jolly Geordie scamps invaded the pitch....
    He certainly was Phil. In fact he was knocked to the ground - not that it deterred him from coming back onto the pitch to re-continue the game. Something he and the other Forest players shouldn't have been expected to do in those shameful circumstances.

    Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 15-02-17 at 21:43.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,010

    Default Re: Dave Serella

    Quote Originally Posted by Otis Redd'un View Post
    He certainly was Phil. In fact he was knocked to the ground - not that it deterred him from coming back onto the pitch to re-continue the game. Something he and the other Forest players shouldn't have been expected to do in those shameful circumstances.
    I was there that day. And attended the two subsequent replays at Goodison. I listened to the interview on the radio yesterday. The game at Newcastle is the reason I dislike them only a short distance behind Liverpool. Apparently, Serella wasn't the only Forest player kicked and punched; was too busy dodging the bricks to notice all the details at the time. Of course having your chairman also being the chairman of the FA helped.....


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton
    Posts
    6,466

    Default Re: Dave Serella

    Quote Originally Posted by RRRREDUN View Post
    I was there that day. And attended the two subsequent replays at Goodison. I listened to the interview on the radio yesterday. The game at Newcastle is the reason I dislike them only a short distance behind Liverpool. Apparently, Serella wasn't the only Forest player kicked and punched; was too busy dodging the bricks to notice all the details at the time. Of course having your chairman also being the chairman of the FA helped.....
    I attended both Goodison Park replays too, although the second one would probably have been unnecessary but for a ridiculously over-fussy referee ruling out our 'goal' from a cleverly-worked free-kick routine.

    As for the FA's shameful part in the affair, the word scandalous doesn't even come close to describing it. Not that the pathetic response from our own spineless committee helped bring even a small element of justice or fairness to bare.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •