Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default Hooliganism Survey

    Hi,
    I have created the following survey for my dissertation, and would greatly appreciate anyone who could fill it out.
    It is looking into the reason for the decline in football hooliganism, and I would love to hear your opinions and experiences.
    The survey will take around 5-10 minutes.
    Thank you in advance.
    https://lboro.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/wh...ll-hooliganism


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    37,151

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    I've slid this out from the "I've Just" thread where it was lost and given it its own thread.

    By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

    Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

  4. #3

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    I've slid this out from the "I've Just" thread where it was lost and given it its own thread.
    Shouldn't this post be in 'I've Just...'?

    ‘This at bottom is the wish and prayer of all human hearts, everywhere and at all times: “Give me a leader, a true leader, not a false sham-leader; a true leader, that he may guide me on the true way.”’

    - Thomas Carlyle

  5. #4
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    37,151

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    **forum assplodes**


  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Unnervingly close to Anatoli's house
    Posts
    2,138

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey




  7. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey


  8. #7
    .
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,028

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post


    That's given me the first belly laugh in ages.

    Thanks Lefkasman.


  9. #8
    May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    37,151

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    An absolute classic, beautifully delivered!


  10. #9

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-hooligan-army

    Nice of them to name their fights after us. Handy lads, but clearly know their place in the food chain.

    Nottingham>Russia

    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

  11. #10
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart/Ruddington/Airport
    Posts
    61,914

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-hooligan-army

    Nice of them to name their fights after us. Handy lads, but clearly know their place in the food chain.

    Nottingham>Russia
    The Trent End Boot Boys would give Vladimir Putin's lads a right good kicking.

    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

  12. #11
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    14,540

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    "Fruit tea and freshly caught crayfish".

    A bit different to our pre match meal of a full English and seven pints of Carling


  13. #12
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    14,540

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Well no question of it all being alive and well, Grimsby and Mansfield were at it on Saturday...




  14. #13

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Well no question of it all being alive and well, Grimsby and Mansfield were at it on Saturday...

    Steve evans got chased out the stand according to RN


  15. #14
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    14,540

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey



    I heard something about that lol.


  16. #15

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Well no question of it all being alive and well, Grimsby and Mansfield were at it on Saturday...


    Heard that the police were well out their depth.


  17. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Maybe I should watch the whole of the video. All I saw was one load of pissed up blokes shouting abuse at another load of pissed up blokes on the other side of the road.


  18. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    20,521

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Millwall fans went into the pitch to go over to the Leicester fans too. Thank god that invisible wall between the pitch and away end stopped the Stone Island clad knuckle draggers from getting 10 yards closer to Leicester

    Just don't understand it. If you want a fight why are you standing 20 yards away with your arms out shouting stuff? There was nothing stopping them jumping the hoardings into the 3,000 Leicester fans other than about 5 coppers and stewards in front of hundreds of Millwall fans.


  19. #18
    .
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,028

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Maybe I should watch the whole of the video. All I saw was one load of pissed up blokes shouting abuse at another load of pissed up blokes on the other side of the road.
    That about sums it up Lefkasman.

    It's easy to act hard in your fancy dan clobber surrounded by your mates, but with so many cameras around these days, both the polices and the genral publics, you'd have to be daft to go swinging at the football.

    Sooner, rather than later there will be a knock on the door once the police have scoured the internet for their evidence.

    It's not worth it anymore, the justice meted out is to draconian. If you enjoy going to the footie, why would you go looking for a banning order?

    Apart from a bit of pushing I don't think a punch was thrown in anger. Hardly outrageous actions from both sets of knob-heads.


  20. #19
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,152

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    The russains are pissing themselves at this. Hard blokes shouting and gesturing behind police.

    “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're procrastinating, get some work done!”

  21. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,278

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    It's easy to chuckle when your own government is funding you though.


  22. #21
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,324

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Gerrintooum !


  23. #22
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    14,540

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Maybe I should watch the whole of the video. All I saw was one load of pissed up blokes shouting abuse at another load of pissed up blokes on the other side of the road.
    You aren't far wrong and its about all it ever amounts to these days. In the UK anyway.

    But there is more to it than that. Grimsby are 'respected' and it is tough place for anyone to go and look for trouble. Mansfield went and Grimsby failed to deal with them, there may not have been a punch thrown on video but it is still seen as a victory, within those circles. They are the rules.

    I know some of them lads and I can assure they are more than capable given half a chance, they don't go just to dance around in their clobber.

    The Russians will feel the crackdown, the authorities have an obligation to fill or the the tournament will look a complete joke. See how great they are then when they lose over a 1,000 main hooligans through banning orders, like England have.


  24. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    You aren't far wrong and its about all it ever amounts to these days. In the UK anyway.

    But there is more to it than that. Grimsby are 'respected' and it is tough place for anyone to go and look for trouble. Mansfield went and Grimsby failed to deal with them, there may not have been a punch thrown on video but it is still seen as a victory, within those circles. They are the rules.

    I know some of them lads and I can assure they are more than capable given half a chance, they don't go just to dance around in their clobber.

    The Russians will feel the crackdown, the authorities have an obligation to fill or the the tournament will look a complete joke. See how great they are then when they lose over a 1,000 main hooligans through banning orders, like England have.
    I only personally know one fella who used to get involved in trouble at Forest. He very rarely attended a game, just used to turn up after the match around Trent bridge looking for away fans.


  25. #24
    The Wand!
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sat on the fence
    Posts
    14,540

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    I only personally know one fella who used to get involved in trouble at Forest. He very rarely attended a game, just used to turn up after the match around Trent bridge looking for away fans.
    There's only a few I've met that were like that, most were obsessed with their team and still played football themselves in the Sunday leagues or 5-a-side. Blokes in the thirties, still collecting pin badges, replica shirts and the rest of it. Anyone who thinks the majority of them weren't genuine football fans should perhaps consider what they read in the tabloids.


  26. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Hooliganism Survey

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    There's only a few I've met that were like that, most were obsessed with their team and still played football themselves in the Sunday leagues or 5-a-side. Blokes in the thirties, still collecting pin badges, replica shirts and the rest of it. Anyone who thinks the majority of them weren't genuine football fans should perhaps consider what they read in the tabloids.
    The lad I knew was a genuine football fan and played to quite a high standard. Probably just too tight to buy a ticket.


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •