Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: 3 years ago..

Default 3 years ago..

For those suggesting i'm "only just" interested in Forest.

This was repeated at the Approach around 8 years ago now, when Fawaz was nowhere near the club.

Tried, trusted methodology. Forest the names, names always change, its the ethos and blueprint that should not be deviated from.

http://talksport.com/football/exclus...le-14032484759

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: 3 years ago..

Would O'Neill and Keane come with Fawaz still in place though? I don't want to speak for everyone but you don't have to convince us that Forest people are good for the club as well as the structure you've laid out, it's Fawaz who needs convincing to take a step back and give the plan time. He might like the idea at first then get bored and scrap it all in 6 months time, as he's done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Number10 View Post

This was repeated at the Approach around 8 years ago now, when Fawaz was nowhere near the club.

Tried, trusted methodology. Forest the names, names always change, its the ethos and blueprint that should not be deviated from.

Credit where credits due, because no one else of any stature is trying to do anything to help Forest. As Stan has said in the other thread, it's a win win. If Fawaz bullshits him, it will only intensify the 'Fawaz Out' campaign, and if he listens then well who knows. Please let us know how the meeting goes!

Where's me hammer?

How is it win win if he bullshits him.... you cant make him sell

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    How is it win win if he bullshits him.... you cant make him sell
    Because as it stands we're stuck with Fawaz. But with someone like Stan on the 'Fawaz Out' campaign, it would get a lot more air time. He couldn't necessarily force him out, but it wouldn't hurt the fans cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Number10 View Post

Looking at us right now (or possibly as of this summer), which 'Nottingham Forest people' could we realistically attract? It'd be a very small list.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hertfordshire Red View Post
    Because as it stands we're stuck with Fawaz. But with someone like Stan on the 'Fawaz Out' campaign, it would get a lot more air time. He couldn't necessarily force him out, but it wouldn't hurt the fans cause.
    So again being stuck with him, how is that "win". We know what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So again being stuck with him, how is that "win". We know what he is.
    Ok 'win' may be overstretching it. But there's nothing negative that could come from Stan meeting Fawaz. There's two outcomes. 1 - Fawaz listens and implements changes. 2 - Fawaz doesn't listen and there's a high profile supporter of 'Fawaz Out'.

It's quite clear Fawaz wants out, but he's possibly realised he'll get more for the club if he invests for 2-3 more years, gets us up and then sells. He SHOULD have learned that to do that he will need a lot of advice.

To be fair, if MON & Keane was achieveable and realistic I'd have it in a flash. Is it though?

Kudos to the suggestion of Pearce in a DOF type role

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Where's me hammer?

Ok 'win' may be overstretching it. But there's nothing negative that could come from Stan meeting Fawaz. There's two outcomes. 1 - Fawaz listens and implements changes. 2 - Fawaz doesn't listen and there's a high profile supporter of 'Fawaz Out'.

It's quite clear Fawaz wants out, but he's possibly realised he'll get more for the club if he invests for 2-3 more years, gets us up and then sells. He SHOULD have learned that to do that he will need a lot of advice.
    I never said there was just we need rid before it starts to get silly.

If you can get those kind of Forest people at the club while Fawaz is still here and get him to take a back seat and not over rule them then great.

I personally think there is no chance but we need some help from somewhere. If you can pull off convincing people like MON to come here and a period of stability whilst Fawaz is here, I think it would be a bigger achievement than a promotion followed by a 3rd place finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Looking at us right now (or possibly as of this summer), which 'Nottingham Forest people' could we realistically attract? It'd be a very small list.
    It's certainly a fair point. For example Scot Gemmill and Lars Bohinen (perhaps you wouldn't call the later a Forest man?) for instance are just starting out in coaching/management perhaps would view Nottingham Forest as a blight on the CV at this current point in time.

I think Keane still has an affinity for the club but couldn't see him lasting 5 minutes in a room with Fawaz.

We lost a good one when we let Chris Fairclough go and I think we should've found a role for Paul Hart when he was sacked as manager.

I'm sure there are many that would jump at the chance to be involved Brian Laws, Des Walker, Steve Chettle, David Johnson etc. BUT not under the current owner.

Sky Plus Me

Quote Originally Posted by bhastings316 View Post
    I think Keane still has an affinity for the club but couldn't see him lasting 5 minutes in a room with Fawaz.
    Roy Keane can't last five minutes in a room with Roy Keane

Not sure if he's currently suggesting MON and or Keane I think that was being talked about 3 years ago. The point is Stan isn't new to lending another voice to the supporters of Forest and has watched from afar whilst the house of cards has fallen around us, none of it of our making!

Ayeup Stan. I know ***'s a legend but how many threads does *** want me duck

Sky Plus Me

I'm grateful to Stan for trying but I can guarantee that Fawaz has no interest in what he has to say. He's shown time and time and time again that he's not a man who's prepared to listen.

We could haul him up in front of a Commons select committee and strap his bollocks to a lie detector machine and he would still spout the same old rubbish about "loving this great club" and "doing what's right for Forest".

Which is why when Stan eventually reports back I shall be taking whatever Fawaz said to him with more than a pinch of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shipstones Pye Eater View Post
    Not sure if he's currently suggesting MON and or Keane I think that was being talked about 3 years ago. The point is Stan isn't new to lending another voice to the supporters of Forest and has watched from afar whilst the house of cards has fallen around us, none of it of our making!
    Not sure who else there is now who would join us with Stans Forest background requirement. Given the quality of the candidates mentioned elsewhere I would probably even consider offering someone like Andy Reid, Jack Lester, Ian Woan or Bryan Roy their first management job.

Wait a sec.

Stan joins the "Fawaz Out" campaign, and within a few days he's looking at ways to rebuild the club with Fawaz here.

Nothing wrong with that, but it is the polar opposite of trying to get "Fawaz Out" isn't it? And thus by it's very nature hurting the cause?

Let's just wait for this meeting, get the info about what the f#uk is going on in team Fawaz from Stan then take it from there. If we don't like what we hear or we think it's going to be bullshit then we can press on with the Fawaz out.

We don't really have to wait long either hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Wait a sec.

Stan joins the "Fawaz Out" campaign, and within a few days he's looking at ways to rebuild the club with Fawaz here.

Nothing wrong with that, but it is the polar opposite of trying to get "Fawaz Out" isn't it? And thus by it's very nature hurting the cause?
    The way I interpreted the situation, was that Stan was on board with the campaign until Fawaz asked to meet with him, and Stan thought he'd hear him out before joining in.

The way I see it is we have an 'insider' to give us some insight into Fawaz.

The way I interpreted the situation, was that Stan was on board with the campaign until Fawaz asked to meet with him, and Stan thought he'd hear him out before joining in.

The way I see it is we have an 'insider' to give us some insight into Fawaz.
    Stan goes in there, gets fed the usual bullshit & we're on the back foot again.

We know all there is to know about Fawaz, if he'd anything positive to bring, he'd have tripped over himself to highlight it in one of those empty public statements he made recently.

Why does Stan have to meet with Fawaz, why can't Fawaz address the supporters himself.
    How much advice does this guy need after five years he's not taken any why start know
    He's selling the club he's not selling the club the same shit year after year.

If you're going to suggest a blueprint to move us forward then first and foremost Fawaz has to agree to fully delegate the running of the club to people qualified to do their job.

Otherwise you could bring in ex Forest personnel from top to bottom and it would be of no use as Fawaz honestly believes he is capable of running a Championship club and will continue to interfere where he thinks he knows best. Or as per prior form he will guage fan sentiment from Twitter and make knee jerk decisions accordingly.

If Fawaz can relinquish control to qualified personel and his family is willing to continue funding the club THEN it may be worth proposing a long term plan to him. Ideally Fawaz should continue his role with the Kuwaiti FA or something similar out of the picture entirely.

If not, then his first priority is to do what is needed to keep us up come the end of the season.

Following that he needs to sell us to an investor who will take us forward.