Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Nottingham Forest Supporters Trust (NFST)

Default Re: Nottingham Forest Supporters Trust (NFST)

What's wrong with a Supporters Club? I know we've got one, but if it was given a dynamic new leadership there would be no need for a plethora of other organisations all vying for superiority.

We just need some group with balls to go to the club a tell them how supporters feel and what we want. It needn't be a pressure group, because if the club is correctly run there is no need to create waves from the outside.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Most of the groups/organisations have started with good intentions but unless they are fully active amongst the mass community of fans which is not an easy thing to carry through as people rapidly lose interest in this have it all now generation, they end up being a small clique of inward looking self interested people.Politics, meh!

Lets be honest, if you were as successful as Marinakis, with as many Greek titles in the bag, you'd be inclined to tell anyone sticking their nose in to do one.

With that in mind, if you want to make a difference, then the Forza Garibaldi route of endearing yourself to the club through really worthwhile events is the way. There seems to be an arrogance about this NFST lot that suggests they should be influencing stuff because of who they are.

Default Nottingham Forest Supporters Trust (NFST)

Like with any organisation where you have to cough up to join, there needs to be benefits and value for that contribution.

Where does the NFSC registration / membership money money go? If itís being run by volunteers then Iíd want to know how my money was being spent.

I donít see what it offers at all. All far too cliquey and closety for my liking.

Forza, however, ask for voluntary contributions and itís perfectly clear how itís spent. The communication and fan led organisation and match displays say it all. Well done Forza for getting it right.

Last edited by T.B.T.; 29-05-18 at 10:14.
    'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

I don't envy anyone who takes on these types of ventures. Whatever you do, someone won't like it, but I do generally agree Forza get it very right, whereas NSFT? Well, I don't really know what's going on there to be honest, it's a bit out of arms reach.

Karanka Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    We just need some group with balls to go to the club a tell them how supporters feel and what we want.
    Problem with football is everybody wants/feels something different!

Left Winger

As a foreign-based supporter, I find Forza Garibaldi much more inclusive and communicative than the Supporters Trust.

I mailed the Trust about joining (and paying in Euros) and they never got back to me.

Forza is ďjustĒ a fans-led group whose primary intention is simply to celebrate Nottingham Forest (and, conversely, leave the running of the club to those competent to do so). The Forza March for example, from the Clinton Arms to the WFCG - thatís the sort of thing I want to see more of.

And it gave me a chance to crack the ďWhatís Barrett doing up there?Ē joke again.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

The Wand!

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    As a foreign-based supporter, I find Forza Garibaldi much more inclusive and communicative than the Supporters Trust.

I mailed the Trust about joining (and paying in Euros) and they never got back to me.

Forza is “just” a fans-led group whose primary intention is simply to celebrate Nottingham Forest (and, conversely, leave the running of the club to those competent to do so). The Forza March for example, from the Clinton Arms to the WFCG - that’s the sort of thing I want to see more of.

And it gave me a chance to crack the “What’s Barrett doing up there?” joke again.
    Aye. Forza are a good bunch of guys and run well, but their agenda isn't the same as a Trust group.
    Whether they are interested in that side of things I don't know.
    Their main focus is on improving atmosphere and encouraging the club to allow standing, or even consider safe standing. Or it was the last time I looked.

Those views aren't shared by everyone.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Aye. Forza are a good bunch of guys and run well, but their agenda isn't the same as a Trust group.
    Whether they are interested in that side of things I don't know.
    Their main focus is on improving atmosphere and encouraging the club to allow standing, or even consider safe standing. Or it was the last time I looked.

Those views aren't shared by everyone.
    Quite true, but itís a viewpoint that I (speaking as a former ST holder of 10+ years) can thoroughly get behind.

As for the Trust, what is even their point? The current ownership is unlikely to consider giving them equity in the club, and Iíve not yet seen any real confirmation of any meaningful dialogue between them and NFFC?

If itís happened, theyíve not been good about communicating it; instead, they seem to have gone for the corporate-style ďlook at me, arenít I goodĒ pronouncements, which... yeah, right.

In the modern era, I suspect that we need fan bodies that do a range of things and represent different constituencies. When the club takes 'fan views' into consideration they consult all of them as representing some stakeholder views without privileging one over the other.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    In the modern era, I suspect that we need fan bodies that do a range of things and represent different constituencies. When the club takes 'fan views' into consideration they consult all of them as representing some stakeholder views without privileging one over the other.
    The problem is and this applies to all the fan groups is they are easily seduced by the club and become a completely ineffective bunch of yes men.

...the Liatrom Red

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    The problem is and this applies to all the fan groups is they are easily seduced by the club and become a completely ineffective bunch of yes men.
    Spot on. I've already seen evidence of that creeping in.

Whilst, on face value, our new administration appear to be pretty bloody decent, supporters groups have to keep their distance from the owners or they can soon become regarded as bum licks and lose all respect/trust.

As for the NFST, the only contact I recall having from them in 12mth other than dry newsletters was when they automatically renewed my subscription without asking me so I'm f*king them off on that basis alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    they automatically renewed my subscription without asking me
    Really? That's not allowed, is it?