Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1595

Thread: Who's next?

Default Re: Who's next?

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    I've no issue with manager's bringing in staff they trust. I don't think people, regardless of industry, should be appointing 'upwards'. Nor should they be giving family members contracts and have them take up space in the u21's.

I don't think anyone would claim that ND/MA got it right - 'structure' is not a one size fits all thing. You can't say we had 'structure' under ND/MA and it largely failed therefore we shouldn't bother with it anymore. I'd argue that they could have done with an DOF, or someone with Football experience at senior level (especially in those early years), just like Fawaz now.

I don't think it's a co-incidence that our most fruitful spell under ND/MA came after they put together the acquisition panel. Our results improved dramatically and so did our work in the transfer market.

Although you're probably right, it's irrelevant whilst Fawaz is here. Whether he appoints a manager and makes him god, or if he puts together a 'structure'. He's incapable of seeing anything through.
    You need a mix of both the managers own men and the clubs permanent staff though. ALL the staff employed are always the managers at Forest.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Impressive member

Worryingly we have entered into a run of fixtures where points might be scarce.
    Beating Wigan, Wolves and Burton need to be our priority, and trying to nick draws or even wins out of some of the others would ease the anxiety.
    I'd hate to be going into the last 6 games with a genuine fear of relegation.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Beating Wigan, Wolves and Burton need to be our priority, and trying to nick draws or even wins out of some of the others would ease the anxiety.

Between now & the Derby game we've 5 games and a potential 15 points. I reckon we'll take around 6 pts and if we do that or more that's be us as good as staying up (which I think we will comfortably do anyway.

Wolves & QPR away are big games for us further down the line, Blackburn at home is very winable too.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Between now & the Derby game we've 5 games and a potential 15 points. I reckon we'll take around 6 pts and if we do that or more that's be us as good as staying up (which I think we will comfortably do anyway.

Wolves & QPR away are big games for us further down the line, Blackburn at home is very winable too.
    A little pressie for my old pal Alf, enjoy!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...arburton-Ibrox

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post

I think we'll be mathematically safe around mid-April.

I wonder how many more pages will be added to this thread after we have lost on Satdy agen Wednesday ? 50/50 split on Brazil out/in ? Only 17 points needed from 14 games to ensure safety now.

We've managed 10 from the last 10 !

Last edited by IanStoreyMoore; 16-02-17 at 19:20.
    Aye Oh...Aye Oh....It's off to Mexico....with Ian Moore and Hen....er.....reee....aye oh...aye oh

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

Problem is that where we currently sit in the table looking upwards, nearly all games are tough. Thankfully we got the wins v Rotherham, Bristol and Villa when a point in each of those would have been damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post

Cheers mate

It is actually a bit frightening how negative a light he gets painted in when you read & hear what players actually say about him.

Ah well, here's to another relegation fighting season instead

Well fucking done

It's all about mid-table...

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    Problem is that where we currently sit in the table looking upwards, nearly all games are tough. Thankfully we got the wins v Rotherham, Bristol and Villa when a point in each of those would have been damaging.
    I think it will pan out that those 3 wins were very important.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by It's Baggio View Post
    I don't think it's a co-incidence that our most fruitful spell under ND/MA came after they put together the acquisition panel. Our results improved dramatically and so did our work in the transfer market.
    The same transfer acquisition panel that seemingly everyone criticised at the time for holding us back from pushing on because we were too slow to react every transfer window?

They see me trollin'

Wenger says he might be managing another club next season...Clearly us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Wenger says he might be managing another club next season...Clearly us.
    Not quite George Graham but he'd do for a bit.

They see me trollin'

Not quite George Graham but he'd do for a bit.
    As the philosopher Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.

As the philosopher Jagger once said, you can't always get what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.
    Isn't that Nanny McPhee?

They see me trollin'

Isn't that Nanny McPhee?
    Definitely Jagger, or Gregory House lied to me.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    The same transfer acquisition panel that seemingly everyone criticised at the time for holding us back from pushing on because we were too slow to react every transfer window?
    because BD kept whining about it since it stopped him spending reams of money on crap like the 2nd time round.

The last thing you want is Megson bringing in shit like Powell, Friio and Dozie.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    There's not a cat in hells chance we will be relegated this season.
    Still think this Swaggers?

Not trying to be antagonistic but I've seen so many comments along these lines over the past couple of months. People blithely proclaiming "we won't go down" when it's been a very real possibility for at least two months now

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post

Not trying to be antagonistic but I've seen so many comments along these lines over the past couple of months. People blithely proclaiming "we won't go down" when it's been a very real possibility for at least two months now
    Still happy with that mate.

Not because Forest are too good, but neither Burton or hopefully Wigan are good enough to overhaul us.

That is our only saving grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They see me trollin'

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post

We were narrowly beaten in a game we could have won. Think people need to take a step back then think about the situation.

Not because Forest are too good, but neither Burton or hopefully Wigan are good enough to overhaul us.

Fair enough mate, I really wish I shared your optimism.

Burton you may be right about but I think Wigan did well in January and might overtake us.

One thing's for certain, it's going down to the wire.

Burton are two points behind us, game in hand, similar goal difference, having just beaten the team who put 5 past us last week.

We have played more games than everyone below us bar Rotherham.

Oh, and we have to go away to both Burton and Wigan yet.

Last edited by DapperDan; Yesterday at 17:07.

We were narrowly beaten in a game we could have won. Think people need to take a step back then think about the situation.
    How many points does that equate too?

Wasn't there so can't comment on how close it was.

I think we're on a bad run now and it's hard to turn those around without fresh impetus - we can't sign any more players, we (realistically) can't bring in a new manager, so what's going to change?

I think it'll be close but to say that there's not a cat in hell's chance that we'll go down is burying your head in the sand as far as I'm concerned, with all respect to Swaggers.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    Burton are two points behind us, game in hand, similar goal difference, having just beaten the team who put 5 past us last week.

We have played more games than everyone below us bar Rotherham.
    We have indeed, but will beat Burton at their place in March, hopefully .

Even with a competent manager I think we would have gained no more than a point from the last 3 games.

That's not dissing Gaz Braz, but he isn't a career manager.

If Fawaz wasn't going to appoint a new man he should never have got rid of PM. Another imbecilic decision from our mad cap chairman.