Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 3950

Thread: It's the Mark Warburt-IN Thread!

Default Re: It's the Mark Warburt-IN Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    1 + 3 = 2
    Quick maffs

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JordanForest View Post
    Quick maffs

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    EVERYDAY MANS ON THE BLOCK.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    1 + 3 = 2

BOOM ammonium.

Man wtf am I talking about, I love MW, I’d cup his balls.
    Empirical expression of the Haber process, omitting the elements

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Flagman View Post
    Empirical expression of the Haber process, omitting the elements
    Okay, yes exactly lol.

Just an interesting break-down of pass style so far this season.

I know Warbs has had credit for involving youth, but I think the degree to which he's done it is fairly spectacular.

Wouldn't want him getting slated if to push on he had to bring in more experience, and thus have a few less academy players in the side as often.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Impressive member

So Derby have played less long balls than us? Interesting.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post

...and crosses and through balls and short passes.

It's the Danny Fox factor

Left Winger

The Wand ()

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

What constitutes a short or a long pass is my question & how can that criteria be consistent?

Its subjective to the point of being largely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    What constitutes a short or a long pass is my question & how can that criteria be consistent?
    "Not a medium pass"

I also guess as we have the ball more we have the opportunity to play more long-balls ?

Probably better to look at over-all percentage.

Devils favourite advocate

Its the beauty of stats in football.... they tend to be bollocks

You can categorically say Reading are certainly not the long ball merchants of this division yet they have played the most long balls.

Do not understand this stat at all.

Can't remember feeling so intrigued and interested in what our manager said since possibly the big man. People might say Warbs thinks too much but that is because he looks at every angle a football club has to face. One of them is communication with the fan base and honesty with it. He is has been nothing but terrific since joining our great club. Big things are coming but small steps first.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/...-forest-789805

Warburton happy to see Nottingham Forest mixing in elite company - but wants it to be a permanent arrangement
    Flurry of England call-ups are a sign of positive progress at the City Ground, but Mark Warburton wants to see Forest mixing with the big boys on a regular basis in the top-flight

Nottingham Forest have found themselves in prestigious company over the past few weeks, as one of four clubs to have players called up to the England Under-17, Under-19 and Under-21 squads.

But, as he prepares his side to face struggling Birmingham City this weekend, Mark Warburton knows the hard work is just beginning, if the Reds want to rub shoulders with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham on a more permanent basis.

The Forest manager recognises the significance of having academy products Arvin Appiah, Ben Brereton and Joe Worrall all involved with England during the international break – making the Championship side the only non-Premier League outfit to have players in action at the three different junior age groups.

And he hopes that the landmark will help Forest to attract even more quality young players to join the Nigel Doughty Academy in future.

But he says the clear pathway into the Forest first team squad is just as important, as the club looks to ensure that the production line of talent - that has also produced the likes of Ben Osborn, Jordan Smith, Matty Cash, Tyler Walker and Oliver Burke in recent years – continues to turn.

“Young players these days – the market is so intense. There are more people fishing in an increasingly smaller pond. That is what it is,” said Warburton. “The lure can be money, it can be the size of the club and there are various gestures made now, to get players to sign. You have to be aware of that.

“All we have to do is show that there is a pathway here. There should be no stronger message than that.

“We tell young players that the money and everything else will come further down the line. Right now, we want you to focus on being the best possible player you can be.

“If you get that right and the player concerned receives good advice from his agent and from his family, if we can give them the right environment to develop, then we will always be in with a shout (of signing them).

“We have a reputation for bringing good young players through here; we have a good reputation for giving young players a chance and that is what we have to continue to do.

“But don’t doubt the level of competition, because it is a fierce marketplace and it is getting more so every year. We have to pitch our opportunity really well. If it is enough, fantastic. But if it isn’t, then we only want players who want to be here.”

Warburton is encouraged by the fact that Forest are producing players capable of making a mark on the international stage, however – particularly at a time when the Young Lions continue to collect rafts of silverware and success.

“It speaks volumes of the work being done in the academy; of the work of the players and the focus they have,” he said. “It is tough because the England teams are so strong at every age group. It is great for the club. But these players are young players and the real work is still ahead of them.

“They have to work hard every single day. If we can get that mentality into the young players, we will be in a good place two, three or four years down the line.

“It is about good staff; it is about excellent recruitment. Quality recruitment always matters. It is also about the reputation of the club, the history of the club and the standing of the club.

“All of these aspects come into the equation, but it is about a lot of work being done. I am delighted to have these young players on board and it is our job to develop them accordingly.

“It sends the right message out to players, to their families and to agents, of course, who have an ever more powerful role to play.

“If we can show the agents that their clients will be well looked after, that there is no glass ceiling – but instead a pathway for them, then it sends out a very positive message indeed.”

At under-21 level, there is an element of young players at Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City divulging the kind of wage packets they receive, despite often not having made the breakthrough into the first team at their parent clubs.

When Nate Chalobah was on loan at Forest in 2013, he signed a contract understood to be worth in the region of £30,000 a week with then-parent club Chelsea – at a time when he was still a teenager.

“It can have a negative impact when the players go away and they discuss wage packets and their own situations,” said Warburton. “An extra zero can sometimes get added on.

“But Joe Worrall and Kieran Dowell are both very level-headed characters. I am delighted that they have got to work with high quality players, with different coaches and in different facilities – all of that should be beneficial.”

And, in the meantime, Warburton says one of the most rewarding aspects of his job is seeing young players flourish.

“I thoroughly enjoy working with players, full stop. I do have an academy background in the past. I love working with young players, but I like working with players in general. I like seeing players improve and develop,” said Warburton when asked if he had aspirations to coach on the international stage himself one day.

“To play a part in that process, if you can do that, then hopefully you can look back with some satisfaction.

“Every coach and manager has an aspiration to manage as high as he can – and our job here is to take Forest to the Premier League and to manage in the highest bracket of international football.

“That is what our job here is. I hope very much we can achieve that aim. We understand the amount of work that is involved in making that happen.

“But the club has the fan base, it has the owners and we have the backing. Our job is to build positive foundations and take the club forward. If we can do that, then fantastic.”

Forest’s focus – along with Warburton’s – is very much domestic this weekend, as they look to maintain their recent momentum as they head to Birmingham.

“The boys are back in training and there are no major injury worries, so we will keep our fingers crossed,” said Warburton.

“We had lots of (international) games going on – games of real significance. We had Jamie Ward and Daryl Murphy playing big games and Apostolos (Vellios) with Greece, of course.

“They were big games, World Cup qualifying matches – and they affect the players physically and mentality. So it is very important to assess them as individuals.

"If they are not right, you have to do the right thing by the player and by the team.”

Forest will hope to have more players gaining international recognition in the future but their priority, this weekend, is to take another step closer to securing the chance to play on the biggest stage of all as a club, in the Premier League.

"At under-21 level, there is an element of young players at Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City divulging the kind of wage packets they receive, despite often not having made the breakthrough into the first team at their parent clubs."

This is what needs to stop, if the English League is to survive.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    "At under-21 level, there is an element of young players at Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City divulging the kind of wage packets they receive, despite often not having made the breakthrough into the first team at their parent clubs."

You cant stop it... if the above wont pay it, someone else will.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post

Too long gone I think. Too much money, too much power to clubs , agents and even families who want the money because they haven't been too well off until their star son comes along.

Last edited by BryanRoy; 17-11-17 at 09:52.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

The most concerning thing for me is that young academy players - not yet old enough to be offered full professional contracts - routinely have agents. As if the majority of those opportunistic parasites care more about "pathways" for their "clients" than money.

Miserable bastard

I currently rate our Academy as the best in the country.

Yes, the Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City's of this world will no doubt produce one or two who go on top become top level bit-part players (although not World Class stars) but when you look at the quantity and quality of natural talent they take in (and the arrogant money-grabbing attitudes they will produce)...

Well I'd take our hit rate of producing good, professional young men every time.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Its the beauty of stats in football.... they tend to be bollocks
    There's three different type of untruth - Lies, Damned Lies and...Statistics.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    There's three different type of untruth - Lies, Damned Lies and...Statistics.
    It’s like Vic Reeves said - “83% of statistics are made up on the spot”.

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    It’s like Vic Reeves said - “83% of statistics are made up on the spot”.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I currently rate our Academy as the best in the country.

Yes, the Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Manchester City's of this world will no doubt produce one or two who go on top become top level bit-part players (although not World Class stars) but when you look at the quantity and quality of natural talent they take in (and the arrogant money-grabbing attitudes they will produce)...

Well I'd take our hit rate of producing good, professional young men every time.
    A word of caution, judging by our experience:

As you progress as a club, things will inevitably become much more difficult for your academy graduates. It's one thing for a struggling Championship team with financial difficulties to rely on its domestic product, and quite another for a club just promoted to the Premier to continue to do so.

Do not, therefore, expect three or four youngsters entering your roster year in, year out. Your academy graduates will struggle more and more in order to make it into the first team, no matter how much any Warburton, any Randall and any Marinakis would enjoy such a prospect (and I suspect all three would).

Accordingly, you will probably need to readjust what the markers of success are for the academy. They cannot only be "how many kids made it to our first team", but will soon have to be "how many academy graduates continued on a successful professional career anywhere, even at a lower level". In our case for example, success is not only Retsos (sold for a silly amount of money) or the two or three others who play for the first team, but also the fact that almost all teams in the Second League have ex-graduates of our Academy, a fact which attracts young kids to what they (and their parents) see as a good professional prospect.

Creating professionals should be the moto: hopefully for Forest, but not exclusively.