Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 142 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: It's the Mark Warburt-IN Thread!

Hybrid View

Default It's the Mark Warburt-IN Thread!

With the outlook for Phillipe looking grim who is going to take over next. It would not surprise me in the least if Billy came back 3rd time lucky! Fawaz has got to get it right this time, its his last stab in the dark. Whats everyone else's thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

London Red

Default Re: Who's next?

We're probably still paying Billy anyway. Maybe we could have a consortium of ex managers running the team

Left Winger
    "It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    Who's better,who's better, who's best

I reckon if Billy came back we would either make a run for the play offs or the club would implode into a black hole and subsequentq extinction

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    I reckon if Billy came back we would either make a run for the play offs or the club would implode into a black hole and subsequentq extinction

That certainly would be the end of the academy production line......no way

Devils favourite advocate

I think fazza should call out one of the twitter mongs....

If we sack Montanier now the takeover has fallen through we probably will go down.

Fawaz never has a plan, he'll be sacking PM without anyone else being lined up, then we've got about 2 weeks to make some signings to improve the squad.

Would you really want to trust a caretaker manager to make those signings, or Montanier, a man who knows this squad better than anyone else?

It'll be the worst news ever if I hear Montanier gets the boot this month.

London Red

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    If we sack Montanier now the takeover has fallen through we probably will go down.

Fawaz never has a plan, he'll be sacking PM without anyone else being lined up, then we've got about 2 weeks to make some signings to improve the squad.

Would you really want to trust a caretaker manager to make those signings, or Montanier, a man who knows this squad better than anyone else?

It'll be the worst news ever if I hear Montanier gets the boot this month.
    This. Sadly it is inevitable that Fawaz will pull the trigger and as you say, we then panic buy more dross

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Billy, SOD and SP super team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandiacre Red View Post
    With the outlook for Phillipe looking grim who is going to take over next. It would not surprise me in the least if Billy came back 3rd time lucky! Fawaz has got to get it right this time, its his last stab in the dark. Whats everyone else's thoughts?
    Half the staff would leave then and the club would implode.

Seems to be being reported it was his last game. Feel for the man having to deal with all the nonsense going on.

Rowett would be my choice.
    Pardew - where else can he go now, and is well used to bonkers chairmen.
    Jimmy Floyd ? Please no.

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Seems to be being reported it was his last game. Feel for the man having to deal with all the nonsense going on.

Rowett would be my choice.
    Pardew - where else can he go now, and is well used to bonkers chairmen.
    Jimmy Floyd ? Please no.
    Rowett has already ruled himself out because he doesn't want to work with Fawaz.
    Pardew could do so much better but then he's just as self destructive as Billy Davies. He'd probably walk out after a couple of weeks.

There really is very little choice out there and we have a decent, respectable manager already here, who is putting up with the shit like not many would. It's time to just get behind him and give him backing with transfer funds then re-assess in May.

Rowett has already ruled himself out because he doesn't want to work with Fawaz.
    Pardew could do so much better but then he's just as self destructive as Billy Davies. He'd probably walk out after a couple of weeks.

There really is very little choice out there and we have a decent, respectable manager already here, who is putting up with the shit like not many would. It's time to just get behind him and give him backing with transfer funds then re-assess in May.
    Looking at his interview on the BBC match report there is no money -

"We now have to plan quickly to strengthen the squad. Decisions have to be taken now, instead of two or three days before the deadline. It is difficult because we do not have any money but I need to know exactly what I can I can plan and decide. I have targets but I do not know my budget. I need to have a meeting with the chairman for some advice on what we can do together."

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post

"We now have to plan quickly to strengthen the squad. Decisions have to be taken now, instead of two or three days before the deadline. It is difficult because we do not have any money but I need to know exactly what I can I can plan and decide. I have targets but I do not know my budget. I need to have a meeting with the chairman for some advice on what we can do together."
    Doesn't sound good, does it?

At least he recognises things have to move quickly now in terms of signings, rather than panic buying 2 days before the deadline. Whether he'll be given the chance to plan is another matter.

It appears the poor bloke has had zero contact from the prospective new owners or Fawaz.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Red Till Dead View Post

I'm not sure if that quote has been altered or taken out of context but his post-match interview did NOT state there was no money.

What he did say, is that he hasn't spoken to Fawaz yet but it is urgent to talk to him to understand what the budget will be, especially if Lansbury leaves. He said he had a list of targets but he needs to know the budget, and he added that if there is no budget there are still things he can do but he needs to know that.

So basically he hasn't had any communication with Fawaz yet about how much money is available. He certainly didn't indicate there was no money. No budget (yet) yes, but thats a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnfather View Post
    I'm not sure if that quote has been altered or taken out of context but his post-match interview did NOT state there was no money.

What he did say, is that he hasn't spoken to Fawaz yet but it is urgent to talk to him to understand what the budget will be, especially if Lansbury leaves. He said he had a list of targets but he needs to know the budget, and he added that if there is no budget there are still things he can do but he needs to know that.

So basically he hasn't had any communication with Fawaz yet about how much money is available. He certainly didn't indicate there was no money. No budget (yet) yes, but thats a different thing.
    I just cut and pasted it, then added the highlighting, so the BBC would have had to have changed it. I don't remember it being said during the interview, but I didn't catch all of it. I did wonder if PM had said this meaning he didn't know his budget, but its not what they said he said here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38539067

Nigel Clough. Only man to take over if PM goes

Rowett
    Clough
    Pearson
    Pearce
    Pardew
    JFH
    Davies
    Freedman
    Cotterill
    Jackett
    Giggs
    Gerrard
    Stubbs
    Adkins

Someone out of that list probably, or not, who knows.

Edit: Forgot Fawaz himself.

Last edited by J'Psycho'C66; 14-01-17 at 18:47.

Too School for Cool

I'd take Clough at this point, which shows you just how fed up I am with the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    I'd take Clough at this point, which shows you just how fed up I am with the whole thing
    Have you seen where Burton are?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post

Punching above their weight in the Championship above former Premier League champions Blackburn.

Devils favourite advocate

Punching above their weight in the Championship above former Premier League champions Blackburn.
    I think shearer has left them though

Below us, a shambolic club with injured players a psychopath for an owner and a manager with both hands tied together dangling from Trent Bridge.

Too School for Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Redad View Post

In the second tier of English football for the first time in their history?