Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: McGugan.

Default McGugan.

What does he actually do?

He's fucking shit. He just ambles round the pitch doing nothing for 90 minutes and gets paid. Loads of talent but ridiculously lazy and no drive whatsoever.

Get rid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: McGugan.

On form he's our most threatening midfielder and he certainly deserved to start some of these games based on early season form.

Off form he's a total waste of space and currently should be on the bench.

I think you've got to be a great man-motivator to get much out of him consistently. Also, if you look at his best times here the teams he played in were setup absolutely superbly so that the likes of McGugan and Chambers could have their weaknesses covered, whilst having their strengths highlighted. Playing on the left in a hard working, well organized, direct but passing side meant that McGugan's failings weren't highlighted as much and the team could continue to function as both an offensive and defensive unit if he was having an off day or an off period in the game.

That's the whole problem with us currently - we're not gelled and not much of a team yet. Something which aint gonna be helped by continuous midfield signings.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 01-10-12 at 08:46.

hes scores and creats goals ok he didnt have best of games against derby but it was hardly a game where you got time to get the ball down show what he can do get off his back

How often is he on form? He's only ever had half a decent season when we were last in the playoffs and has been a liability ever since.

With the amount and quality of midfielders we've got he shouldn't even be getting near the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan brice View Post
    hes scores and creats goals ok he didnt have best of games against derby but it was hardly a game where you got time to get the ball down show what he can do get off his back
    When? once every 3 months?

Rice XXV

He's tied for most goals and assists. He's one of our few shining lights. It seems like this label of "lazy" got put on him a few seasons back and now it gets brought up any time he goes a game without a goal. If anyone needs to go, it's Ayala. Clumsy and slow. Looks like he may have an extra chromosome to boot.

Banned

agreed

ive never seen him actually run full sprint

he just ambles around doing nothing

cohen - lansbury - gillet - reid

midfield for me

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonHooligan View Post
    He's tied for most goals and assists. He's one of our few shining lights. It seems like this label of "lazy" got put on him a few seasons back and now it gets brought up any time he goes a game without a goal. If anyone needs to go, it's Ayala. Clumsy and slow. Looks like he may have an extra chromosome to boot.
    This.

I'm the only person out of all my mates who thinks Ayala is shit and makes loads of mistakes. Both goals at Leeds could have been dealt with better and Ayala was in the near vicinity of them.

Quote Originally Posted by barky View Post
    When? once every 3 months?
    well we not 3 months in to the season yet hes scored and got assists

Quote Originally Posted by Ajlee17 View Post
    This.

I'm the only person out of all my mates who thinks Ayala is shit and makes loads of mistakes. Both goals at Leeds could have been dealt with better and Ayala was in the near vicinity of them.
    I just don't see the point of accommodating loan signings unless they bring a lot to the team like Shorey did. We've our own players we could be training up

time he was on the bench his passin is dire looks lackin in confidence and rather slow to me also think hardin is a weak link
    This.

I'm not a McGugan fan in any way shape or form but this is just getting ridiculous now, I've never seen opinion swing so much and so quickly, he has one good game and everyone thinks we should build the team around him and sign him up on a 30 year contract, he has one bad game and he's utter crap and we should sell!

TheDude

I thought SOD would get the best out of him but other then some long range passes he doesn't seem to do much else. Raddy in.

Best served cold

Quote Originally Posted by Middle of No where View Post
    I'm not a McGugan fan in any way shape or form but this is just getting ridiculous now, I've never seen opinion swing so much and so quickly, he has one good game and everyone thinks we should build the team around him and sign him up on a 30 year contract, he has one bad game and he's utter crap and we should sell!
    This

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Inge of Fudge View Post
    I just don't see the point of accommodating loan signings unless they bring a lot to the team like Shorey did. We've our own players we could be training up
    Couldn't agree more.
    In Loan Agreements, do we have to keep a player for the whole period of the loan, or can we return ones early when they fail to produce the goods so blatantly?

Left Winger

A loan agreement can be terminated - especially if a player sustains a serious injury (as has sadly happened to Forest "old boy" George Elokobi at Bristol City).

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Knew he was going to have a bad game as soon as he walked onto the pitch? Anyone else see that? He was last out by a mile with a face like a slapped arse!

He needs to sort his priorities out. Drop him and replace him with Lansbury! Undoubtedby talented but i'm sick of watching him practicing his golfing stroll!

Calls himself a Forest fan? Well Lewis, start showing some passion in big games!

This.

I'm in agreement. I've not seen anything that has filled me with confidence from Ayala, I'm hoping he will come good but I'm yet to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS View Post
    I'm in agreement. I've not seen anything that has filled me with confidence from Ayala, I'm hoping he will come good but I'm yet to see it.
    He didn't at Liverpool; he didn't at Norwich; and I'm pretty sure he wont at Forest.
    Ditch the bitch and get our own man in who is proud of wearing the shirt and playing for the team.
    If Arsenal & Spurs rated Lascelles at £2-5m (?) then I think the lad must have something.
    Other teams are not afraid to blood their talented youngster, so why are we?

Lewis was just appalling yesterday. Problem is he's O'Driscoll's favourite, so he'll keep playing.

Should be playing in a five man midfield, ahead of Gillett and Cohen/Pep, with license to do what he wants within reason.

He was really bad yesterday but then again so was everyone, I don't really think he's as lazy anymore as people make out though. I saw him pressing the Derby players quite well a few times - if anyone should be getting called lazy it should be Reid, who should have stayed with his man for their goal, he's cost us a couple of goals this season for not getting back.

He changed the game up at Leeds the week before though, him and Lansbury ran the midfield and also freed up Gillet to do his thing. This game was only 8 days later, doesn't really warrant being called fucking useless and being told to fuck off does it?

Reid had a pretty shit game yesterday too, the whole team didn't realy perform did they? I agree with comments about Ayala though, not seen m/any positives from him at all.

Ambling to a position behind the ball to get a better view of the game passing him by is not hard work. No way should he be in centre midfield with that awful work rate. Cohen was ten times the player in his first full game for a YEAR.

He was very poor yesterday. Not as bad as Reid though, who was a bit of a liability. Does nothing and leaves the left flank wide open constantly.