Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Lichaj appreciation thread.

Default Re: Eric Lichaj appreciation thread.

Was the first one to say it, he has the actual bollocks to be a captain for this team. Knew it from the start.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Our number 2 is a yank called Lichaj should be sung for as long as possible at the next game. Doesn't stop trying, admits when he has been poor but doesn't surprise me that he has been pissed off. Worrall confirmed it for us too really as he even said it. If PM does go, which I expect him to now after this dross (though I had wished it had gone better for him), the new manager will ship out the shit and we play the players who want the shirt like Eric.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    Spoke to Kat the other week and it's a million percent true that Eric's proper fecked off with the attitude of our mercenaries. What you have to understand is family comes first with the Lichaj's. Their girls are settled here and so Eric is absolutely committed to doing his job to the best of his ability.

A true professional. He must be so close to twatting one of the many who aren't.
    I'm going to try and fiddle the Forum software so I can like this post more than once.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

Quote Originally Posted by Roonaldo View Post
    Spoke to Kat the other week and it's a million percent true that Eric's proper fecked off with the attitude of our mercenaries. What you have to understand is family comes first with the Lichaj's. Their girls are settled here and so Eric is absolutely committed to doing his job to the best of his ability.

A true professional. He must be so close to twatting one of the many who aren't.
    Be nice to know who the mercenaries are

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Be nice to know who the mercenaries are
    I'll tell you one thing, they aren't the fucking A Team.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

More like the shit squad.

Trying my hardest not to post an 'oooh friend' meme

But no in fairness, I think it's been clear to see for a while that Lichaj is one of few players you could count on one hand that genuinely care and have the passion.
    Even when I look at Britt, he's probably frustrated when we concede or don't win, but he knows he has potential suitors elsewhere, whereas for someone like Lichaj, he's at that stage in his career where he's settled and wants to do the best he can for his club. I'd include Cohen in that small number too, but in honesty I'm struggling to think of anyone else at the moment.
    Osborn is a player that would just try hard for any club, he's that type of hard worker, which is very important, but as much as he's an 'academy darling', once the bids start coming in for Worrall, and with us so far down the table, it'll only be a matter of time before his head is turned.

Bendtner is a good player, but I don't think anyone had him down as a passionate player. He's not someone that at 1-0 down on the 70th minute is likely to start shouting "COME ON!" to his teammates and rallying them to push for an equaliser.
    Back to Lichaj though, unfortunately he's had about 10 different centre backs beside him this season, some questionable wide midfielders ahead of him, it can't be good. It's not only CB's that need to form partnerships and understandings, the full backs and wingers need to be able to read each other and communicate.
    Lichaj has had Lica, Carayol and Dumitru ahead of him, no wonder he's frustrated.

Impressive member

Lichaj, Hobbs, Worrall, Osborne, Cash, Assombalonga, Mancienne, Pinillos, Vellios.

The rest I'd replace.

Give Eric the armband.

Instruct any new players we are looking for fight and passion. If you haven't got that, you're not for us, son.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez the Killer View Post
    Lichaj, Hobbs, Worrall, Osborne, Cash, Assombalonga, Mancienne, Pinillos, Vellios.

The rest I'd replace.

Give Eric the armband.

Instruct any new players we are looking for fight and passion. If you haven't got that, you're not for us, son.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk
    I agree 100% with this list. Obviously Cohen & Vaughan too but they aren't reliable with injuries so realistically have to plan for a future without them.

Funny how Vaughan didn't get injured last season when the Euros were on the horizon.

Add him to the asshole list

Oh well. With Lansbury gone that now leaves Lichaj, Hobbs and Danny Fox as our longest serving senior players doesn't it?

If Lichaj is as pissed off as has been suggested, he needs to now help the manager shake things up in the dressing room.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Oh well. With Lansbury gone that now leaves Lichaj, Hobbs and Danny Fox as our longest serving senior players doesn't it?

If Lichaj is as pissed off as has been suggested, he needs to now help the manager shake things up in the dressing room.
    You're forgetting a certain gorgeous, ball-cupped midfield general.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Testimonial should coming up this year?

I'll be really upset if Lichaj leaves, especially if Cohen goes also. Always gives 100%, contributes to the community and by all accounts a model professional in the dressing room.

Left Winger

I'm frankly astonished that already, some of our supporters are writing-off Eric, probably our most consistent and reliable player of the last couple of seasons and demanding his replacement with a player from the Scottish "top flight", the standard of which, Glasgow Celtic apart, is barely equivalent to League One.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    I'm frankly astonished that already, some of our supporters are writing-off Eric, probably our most consistent and reliable player of the last couple of seasons and demanding his replacement with a player from the Scottish "top flight", the standard of which, Glasgow Celtic apart, is barely equivalent to League One.
    Couldn't agree more.

Im even more astonished that the Post has written an article, quoting negative comments from Twitter as its sole source, to say that fans aren't bothered if he goes because they don't rate him anyway. Since when was Twitter a barometer or the basis for an article of any description? Lichaj's wife has quoted it on Twitter, so you can be sure the player is also aware.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    Im even more astonished that the Post has written an article, quoting negative comments from Twitter as its sole source, to say that fans aren't bothered if he goes because they don't rate him anyway. Since when was Twitter a barometer or the basis for an article of any description? Lichaj's wife has quoted it on Twitter, so you can be sure the player is also aware.
    Twitter is the source of choice for the lazy journalist.

And unfortunately it does tend to attract those who often engage in comment without activating their brain first.

The leafy, rarified suburb of Sneinton, Nottingham.

Quote Originally Posted by justnotjase View Post
    It's many years now since the Post was a decent news-gathering source and this is just another example of the level it has now sunk to, where uninformed comment and opinion has largely replaced facts.

Last edited by Otis Redd'un; 27-03-17 at 09:21.

Frankly its dispicable, Quoting wholy from one side of the fanbase and saying that Forest Fans dont care if he leaves?

Its like speaking to the Grand Wizard of the KKK about racial diversity and then releasing an article saying "All white people miss Lynchmobs"

If Eric is any way on the fence about leaving then that could surely settle it.

If anyone from the Post reads this then I expect an article to follow with numerous quotes from here and twitter saying that we have valued Erics service and commitment despite the club burning down around him, and him being surrounded by players who havent given a shit. And, that some of us at least would be sad to see him go.

Last edited by Player-12; 27-03-17 at 09:33.

The Post are c*nts. This club's brightest future is with said fucktarded medlesome media types disempowered.

Eric's been a great servant to the club, and I think the overall fan opinion would reflect that.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

If the Post had a competitor for sport they would have been gone years ago, they can churn out bollocks every week and they won't be under any pressure.

That Lichaj piece is a disgrace to journalism and is one sided, for some bizarre reason. They have just picked a bunch of negative comments and completely neglected the positive ones, which are the majority of opinion by the way.

Have I missed something, is he out of contract? Surely it's a no brainer he stays

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

That's the thing, the Nottingham Post stated Lichaj's contract was up in the summer and would probably be leaving, yet it was the same Nottingham Post that just last year wrote a story about him signing a contract extension to keep him at the club until 2018!

http://www.nottinghampost.com/eric-l...ail/story.html

So which is it? Either Nottingham Post are just making shit up which is sad, or they're forgetting articles they themselves have written which is even worse.