Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 1,551 to 1,570 of 1570

Thread: The Eighteen-year-old Centre Forward we won’t talk about.

Default Re: The Eighteen-year-old Centre Forward we won’t talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Fair shout, although suggesting the screen in front of the CB's is the difference between Toby & Worrall kind of ignores alot of the good individual work done by Figueredo.
    The screen has been incredibly important though, as the counter break employed against Warburton's teams is no longer as dangerous. Teams struggle to play through us now because we've got a very rigid squad of 2xCB and 2x pivot who essentially don't move.

The other main benefit of Toby is that he's better in the air than Mancienne, so as teams go over the top of our square, we're better placed to defend against it.

I'd still like to see Worrall come in to partner Toby, really think that has the fundamentals of a rock solid partnership. Too bad I think we'll probably cash in on Worrall.

Karanka Mutineer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    The screen has been incredibly important though, as the counter break employed against Warburton's teams is no longer as dangerous. Teams struggle to play through us now because we've got a very rigid squad of 2xCB and 2x pivot who essentially don't move.

The other main benefit of Toby is that he's better in the air than Mancienne, so as teams go over the top of our square, we're better placed to defend against it.

I'd still like to see Worrall come in to partner Toby, really think that has the fundamentals of a rock solid partnership. Too bad I think we'll probably cash in on Worrall.
    Fair points, but the mobility & experience of Fox probably oughtn't be underestimated.

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    Too bad I think we'll probably cash in on Worrall.
    I think his recent absence from the side has created too big of a gap between how much we'd want for him and how much other sides are willing to pay. I now fully expect him to stay for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    I think his recent absence from the side has created too big of a gap between how much we'd want for him and how much other sides are willing to pay. I now fully expect him to stay for another season.
    I doubt Dyche will care. He's smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    We’ll need 22ish players who are good enough. Assuming they continue to develop, those four are good enough to be part of a top six squad imo.
    That's my opinion as part of a squad but not starters every week. If they all played 40 games each next season in the league then I don't think we will challenge.

I think Cash has so much potential to be quality as well. Now we are safe we should play Worrall every game till the end of the season. Do we still have Gabriel and is he a lb or a rb?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSG View Post
    Evidence has also shown hes too cheap to offer what we want

Miserable bastard

Quote Originally Posted by EmmersonForest4 View Post
    Do we still have Gabriel and is he a lb or a rb?
    RB and I believe he suffered another bad injury recently.

Quote Originally Posted by congo_red View Post
    RB and I believe he suffered another bad injury recently.
    Ahh shite!! Saying that I watched a video of beating Coventry under 18s 5-1 and we had a left back that looked phenomenal. I don't know if it was the opposition or not who was that? He looked like he might be decent in the next couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by cms186 View Post
    Evidence has also shown hes too cheap to offer what we want
    what Forest want at the end of the January window with relegation on their mind and what Forest want if Worrall suggests he wants to leave in June, are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Fair shout, although suggesting the screen in front of the CB's is the difference between Toby & Worrall kind of ignores alot of the good individual work done by Figueredo.

I dont think anyone would argue that these kids have been the shining light in an otherwise desperate period for the club, thing is, the bar raises next season & these kids will have to have the answers.

I get the sentiment, I get the loyalty these lads deserve for holding what little we have together, but is there enough margin for error next season to accomodate them all.

Bottom line is, if your playing up front we'll need a consistent supply of goals, if your playing CB we'll need to limit the compulsive individual errors to an absolute minimum, you'll need to stand your ground at left back & contribute with quality both ways & if your playing on the wing you'll need to provide consistent service & a share of goals.

If we're pushing next season, these lads will need to bring it, its asking alot having seen the benchmark for a top six side.
    I'd counter all that by looking at Millwall who are, at least currently, a top 6 club. They'd all get into that team on ability.

what Forest want at the end of the January window with relegation on their mind and what Forest want if Worrall suggests he wants to leave in June, are not the same thing.
    i don't think anyone had even the slightest thoughts of relegation at the end of the Jan transfer window whatsoever

in June it's safe to way Joe will want as far away from Karanka as possible

Diving. Lack of pace?

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post
    i don't think anyone had even the slightest thoughts of relegation at the end of the Jan transfer window whatsoever

so why the hell did they panic buy loads of short term tat for instant results. Unless you're suggesting that they felt like promotion was on the cards.

so why the hell did they panic buy loads of short term tat for instant results. Unless you're suggesting that they felt like promotion was on the cards.
    i don't think we will ever know but i'd guess they were looking upwards and feel extremely disappointed how the u turn gamble would work out

Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO View Post

why?

Cos its Cricket season

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Cos its Cricket season
    cos your man Karanka who you have to keep trying to fool people is doing good is achieving absolutely sweet fukk all

Last edited by PSYCHO:PSYCHO:PSYCHO; 20-04-18 at 22:08. Reason: L W L L L L D D W W D D D L L L W

He's not dumb enough to pay over the odds. How much do u think Worrall is worth now?

The reason seems obvious: a succession of managers have tried to break the player power at the City Ground, and failed. Whether the new guys are long term answers is a moot point. However, they are handpicked by Karanka, and have enabled him to stamp his authority over the squad.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sinister View Post
    The reason seems obvious: a succession of managers have tried to break the player power at the City Ground, and failed. Whether the new guys are long term answers is a moot point. However, they are handpicked by Karanka, and have enabled him to stamp his authority over the squad.
    Is that the squad that just beat the club's all time record for not scoring a goal, or a different one?

By "relegation battle", do you mean 7th, 12th or 14th?

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum