Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,226 to 1,248 of 1248

Thread: Ben Brereton *IS* The Real Deal

Default Re: Ben Brereton *IS* The Real Deal

Difficult second album.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The natural talent we saw in Ben last year doesn't disappear. Don't worry he'll be back

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by OLDMANRED View Post
    The natural talent we saw in Ben last year doesn't disappear. Don't worry he'll be back
    Hes Murphy's replacement.... thing is if he ripped it up this year he probably wouldn't be here next year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    And there you have it. Just like we said, Warbs has seen Walker thriving in training and thought it was a good time to give him a run. He was bang right.
    Once again, a very good managers judgement is better than supporters. Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Hes Murphy's replacement.... thing is if he ripped it up this year he probably wouldn't be here next year anyway.
    he or velios should be but our manager bought cummings so has to play him even if he is ill suited for the sole striker role.

I gave an inkling a deal has been already done for this lad.

I have to wonder if we perhaps got ahead of ourselves with Brereton, like we have done in the past with other academy talents. We've done it with Walker when he came into the team and scored. I don't think we did it so much with Worrall but definitely Lascelles.
    Probably less Burke, because he really did begin to show how good he was week in, week out but considering how the past 16 months have gone for him, it might be a case of too much too soon being a real thing we've got to look at.

The difficulty with Brereton is that considering he's doing well for England youth AND he's so highly thought of here, could we do what we did with Walker and loan him out down a league or two.
    He'd massively benefit from weekly football and being the main man but is that going to be feasible to do?

He's not a right winger and he's probably 4th choice striker at the moment so even if we play two up, he wouldn't start. I think it's a shame the loan market doesn't stay open because it'd be perfect for people like Brereton to go and get some experience for a couple months.
    Maybe if a good offer was to come in for him in January, would we sell him? If we're wanting a new keeper or McGinn, that's going to cost money for example.

Just a young player who in the space of 3 years a lot has happened too. He has played a lot of football for an 17/18 year-old in the last year and it was intense relegation scrap last-season. He still has to develop as a player. He has been given a taste taking on board what the current regime want.

Loaning players is an interesting scenario. I get the feeling players closer to the first team are kept because they work every day with the first team. Pocchetino does this at Spurs.

Someone like Tony Woodcock. Debut in the 73-74 season. Played 9 games in 74-75. Didn't play in 75-76 and then proper break-out season 76-77. Sometimes in the modern world a mountain is made out of mole-hill.

Just let him keep working hard out of the spot light and getting more experience in the England set-up. His time will come again.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

He's young and there's people with better form in front of him, all of which are older and more experienced. I don't believe MW is playing Cummings cos he bought him, otherwise he'd play all the time, he's shown that players who impress in training get a chance, walker has showed why that's a goid idea and it's not like BB was on fire when played. You can't even say it's cos he's not a winger, neither is TW but he's shown what can be done and been the better player so far this season. I trust MW more than any other manager we've had for years, not more so than SOD but easily on par.

Red til I'm dead

He’ll get his chance over the busy Xmas period.

Remember we’ve been pretty lucky with injuries so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    He's young and there's people with better form in front of him, all of which are older and more experienced. I don't believe MW is playing Cummings cos he bought him, otherwise he'd play all the time, he's shown that players who impress in training get a chance, walker has showed why that's a goid idea and it's not like BB was on fire when played. You can't even say it's cos he's not a winger, neither is TW but he's shown what can be done and been the better player so far this season. I trust MW more than any other manager we've had for years, not more so than SOD but easily on par.
    Let's not forget, Cummings has already scored more goals this season than BB has in his entire career. The only type of bias I see there is one towards goalscoring.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

No rush with him at all, still only 18. I'd send him on loan to L1/L2, we can always have a recall clause.

Rose-Coloured Boy

I think a lot of it is bias towards our academy players. If he was any other eighteen year old kid no way would there be such clamouring for him to start. He's a great prospect but there are players in better form at the moment. I don't see any kind of conspiracy, just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRed85 View Post
    He’ll get his chance over the busy Xmas period.

Remember we’ve been pretty lucky with injuries so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    its not luck, its what happens when you base your squad around youth, they get injured less or there was a theory that the pitch was causing a lot of injuries and that was re done over the summer

I see a player who's got strength, pace and is good off the ball.

It's nothing about bias, he just has the qualities you need to lead the line by yourself in a fluid set-up like we deploy, whereby the likes of Walker and Cummings don't have that full all round game.

Understand why Murphy gets selected first, but if he doesn't play then Brereton is the right person to put up top in his place.

There's no point sending him on loan to L1/L2 because he's better than that.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Easy to be excited because he is good. Very good. He also has a competitive edge. Reminds me of Diego Costa in style.

vs Germany in the u19 Euros

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    I think a lot of it is bias towards our academy players. If he was any other eighteen year old kid no way would there be such clamouring for him to start. He's a great prospect but there are players in better form at the moment. I don't see any kind of conspiracy, just common sense.
    Boom! Red tinted glasses must be given out at the door and i must miss mine.

Lots of folk cant see or handle that some just might not be that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Boom! Red tinted glasses must be given out at the door and i must miss mine.

Lots of folk cant see or handle that some just might not be that good.
    Sooner a red mist in front of me eyes than the fkin big black cloud of the last few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post
    I see a player who's got strength, pace and is good off the ball.

It's nothing about bias, he just has the qualities you need to lead the line by yourself in a fluid set-up like we deploy, whereby the likes of Walker and Cummings don't have that full all round game.

Understand why Murphy gets selected first, but if he doesn't play then Brereton is the right person to put up top in his place.

There's no point sending him on loan to L1/L2 because he's better than that.
    This.

Said it before, but it all boils down to how you rated his initial spell at first team level. Academy graduate or not, he had pace, power, finishing & a will to win that makes me want him leading the line in the absence of big Murph.

The Academy bias stuff is borderline insulting, are we supposed to ignore the lads attributes just because fans are obsessed with giving these lads 10 fucking seasons to materialise.

Rose-Coloured Boy

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    The Academy bias stuff is borderline insulting, are we supposed to ignore the lads attributes just because fans are obsessed with giving these lads 10 fucking seasons to materialise.
    Lol why is it insulting? Just making an argument as to why some fans might overrate certain players. I'm not calling anyone's character into question.

And who's ignoring anyone's attributes? I'm not ignoring Brereton's attributes, quite the opposite. I just think at the moment we have better, more experienced players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    Lol why is it insulting?
    Because its such a cop out that totally disregards the attributes of players for the position, and whats transpired.

Having seen both Cummins & Brereton in the role, Im stunned you think its Academy bias.

Last edited by MASE; 06-11-17 at 16:51.

Best served cold

Personally I think a loan to a League 1 club would do him good. It's not that he's too good for the level, but playing regular football week in and week out will be of massive benefit to him. He has a huge future ahead of him but he's only 18 years old so there is so much time for him to make his mark here.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers