Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Matchday 18: Barnsley fan comments.

Hybrid View

Default Matchday 18: Barnsley fan comments.

I'm nursing a hangover that only a middle aged man who drank like he was 21 can nurse so apologies if this is a touch more brief than normal:

I have seen my team beaten badly by a Forest side that was, quite frankly, not very good.

Freak game. We'd not lost in six weeks

Forest came out looking like a rejuvenated team while we couldn't string two passes together.

A match in which we were in control until the 55th 60th minute. We are a good team and don't become a bad one overnight.

We might have been knocking the ball about but its stretching it to say we were in control of a match that at that point we had conceded 3 goals and were losing!

I'd rather have our team than Forests. Except for that bloke off that channel 4 SAS programme in midfield. He were pretty good.

If that's a stamp I'm the Queen of Sheba.

It was a sending off all day your majesty.

It's not the force its the act same as raising your hands should never have given the ref a reason.

It was stupid from Watkins, deserved the red.

If he's getting sent off for a stamp he may as well go for it full on instead of just tapping him. Stupid and ended any (little) chance we had at that stage.

It looked like a championship team playing a bunch of player plucked from the lower leagues.......oh so it was!

Forest didn't look great especially at defending.

Everything seemed to come off for Forest. Whilst it is true that they scored goals which could not reasonably be called lucky, they came out of the blue and just happened to go in. That is what happens on some days. On others it doesn't. Forest's excellent finishing was not the norm for them, but they just happened to finish well tonight.*

Good sides are clinical though.

Stewarding last night, asking for everyone's tickets in the right gangway of the ponty last night nearest the dimensions box. Bet folk who payed on day were thinking what's this all about. But yet in the forest end flares were set off, could see the forest fans hammering the back of the stand suprised the sponsor boards didn't fall off and even brought a silly red flash light in and the stewards in the away end did..... nothing

Can't knock that Henri lad though, good game, 2 good goals, and a magnificent beard.

One of the worst teams I've seen score 5 against us.

I think Forest should get some praise for their never give up attitude. We struggle to get in front from a losing position and they managed it to win scoring four in a row to win by three and without their star player who's one of the best forwards in the league. They should get some praise for that and for making a mockery of a defence that's been solid of late.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Matchday 18: Barnsley fan comments.

'One of the worst sides I've seen score five against us' is my favourite.

May not be the best moderator on LTLF, but he's In The Top 1

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    'One of the worst sides I've seen score five against us' is my favourite.
    I was about to highlight that particular gem!

"This statement is false."

Quote Originally Posted by willojack View Post
    flagman do me a f***ing favour remove me from this forum

'...bet folk who payed on day...' Some f*****g moron's up north.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Saw this exact spelling on an email sent by the head of science in school today. Quite remarkable Trevor.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Due to our calamity of a defence and subsequent league position, everyone including the opposition fans and pundits are massively overlooking how good our attack has been. We are one of the highest scorers in the league and have done it without Assombalonga and Bendtner for large portions.

This is important because goalscoring is the hardest part of football.

I don't want to attack Danny Fox but a lot of crosses came in from that side last night and even Cash, a half fit midfielder was able to stop them when he came on. The two full back positions are now key to our season as stopping crosses is our downfall. If we can reliably fill those spots we have every thing else in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford View Post
    Due to our calamity of a defence and subsequent league position, everyone including the opposition fans and pundits are massively overlooking how good our attack has been. We are one of the highest scorers in the league and have done it without Assombalonga and Bendtner for large portions.

This is important because goalscoring is the hardest part of football.

I don't want to attack Danny Fox but a lot of crosses came in from that side last night and even Cash, a half fit midfielder was able to stop them when he came on. The two full back positions are now key to our season as stopping crosses is our downfall. If we can reliably fill those spots we have every thing else in place.
    Absolutely.

I think some of our own fan base are even underestimating it.

We are putting out fairly defensive formations to try and counter our bad defending but are still scoring bags full. It's a great trait to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Absolutely.

I think some of our own fan base are even underestimating it.

We are putting out fairly defensive formations to try and counter our bad defending but are still scoring bags full. It's a great trait to have.
    "Forest's excellent finishing was not the norm for them, but they just happened to finish well tonight."

Finishing is the only thing we're good at ya twat

Think Clifford's right, but I also agree with some of the Barnsley comments that a lot went for us on the night too. Both the Ipswich and Barnsley have seen us score early which has helped keep our heads up as well.

That's not taking owt away, it's just worth remembering that when we play well but the opposition get the rub of the green. Way too often have I come away from games when we've lost just accepting it went for the opposition, to read a plethora of cmments all over social media blaming our manager/players/owner/whoever, when in reality there was little that could have been done.

Sometimes the fates help out, and last night they were definitely on our side IMO. Makes a nice fucking change tho!

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Think Clifford's right, but I also agree with some of the Barnsley comments that a lot went for us on the night too. Both the Ipswich and Barnsley have seen us score early which has helped keep our heads up as well.

That's not taking owt away, it's just worth remembering that when we play well but the opposition get the rub of the green. Way too often have I come away from games when we've lost just accepting it went for the opposition, to read a plethora of cmments all over social media blaming our manager/players/owner/whoever, when in reality there was little that could have been done.

Sometimes the fates help out, and last night they were definitely on our side IMO. Makes a nice fucking change tho!
    Absolutely, don't be too high when you win or low when you lose. I just got the impression that last night quality attacking was being written off as lucky. If Newcastle had put in the exact same performance on TV last night the pundits would be all about the quality of attacking play and the counter attacking prowess.

In reality most games swing on a few key moments but if it's a Chelsea or Man city player scoring a header like those two its quality making the difference with us it's written off as luck.

Last edited by Clifford; 26-11-16 at 13:04.

Absolutely, don't be too high when you win or low when you lose. I just got the impression that last night quality attacking was being written off as lucky. If Newcastle had put in the exact same performance on TV last night the pundits would be all about the quality of attacking play and the counter attacking prowess.

In reality most games swing on a few key moments but if it's a Chelsea or Man city player scoring a header like those two its quality making the difference with us it's written off as luck.
    Sorry but I watched the game on TV and apart from the comments on our woeful defeding for both goals the pundits spoke on more than a dozen occasions about the quality of our counter attacking.

It's one thing not stopping crosses - nobody will stop EVERY cross. It's the fact he doesn't even get close most of the time, allowing the player to put in a GOOD cross and pick a runner out.

Watching Fox and Lichaj is like day and night. Even when Lichaj isn't at his best, he's only a few yards away so at least makes it a little challenging. Fox for some reason drops off into the no man's land between the post and the wing, where he's not close enough to block the cross and not far back enough to mark anybody or clear from the area (luckily Joe Worrall has come in and done an excellent job clearing crosses from the near post).

Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    It's one thing not stopping crosses - nobody will stop EVERY cross. It's the fact he doesn't even get close most of the time, allowing the player to put in a GOOD cross and pick a runner out.

Watching Fox and Lichaj is like day and night. Even when Lichaj isn't at his best, he's only a few yards away so at least makes it a little challenging. Fox for some reason drops off into the no man's land between the post and the wing, where he's not close enough to block the cross and not far back enough to mark anybody or clear from the area (luckily Joe Worrall has come in and done an excellent job clearing crosses from the near post).
    Shocking defender. He really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Plummer View Post
    Except for that bloke off that channel 4 SAS programme in midfield. He were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    morons*

I like the one about the never say die attitude. I really like that the whole team feels like they can always score if they keep going.

Sorry to single out Fox, but it was so noticeable the amount of space their winger got on the right. Like a parting of the sea. Their midfielders didn't even need to look up, they could play a blind ball to the right and have 20 yards to run into. We'd have been so much more solid with Pinillos, who we desperately miss when he's not there.

I think we're going to give Newcastle a hell of a game.

I know they're going for 9 straight league wins today and then potentially 10 against us, but we're at home and I have a feeling we'll get at them as maybe other teams haven't, and we're unbeaten in 3 games ourselves. If Assombalonga is back fit and Lichaj or Pinillos then I will really fancy our chances of getting a draw at least.

But what a massive confidence boost it would be to beat the best team going into the Christmas period. Could raise belief everywhere.

We will see how bad our defence is come Friday night.
    Alternatively, we will see how much they have improved.
    Newcastle got beaten at home today 1-0 by Blackburn...
    Could it be the start of the demise of the Toon?

Some Barnsley fans have shocking vision. I've been reading one of their boards today, apparently it wasn't a sending off because he was 'unbalanced and trying to adjust his feet' and then another fan saying 'Forest came for a point'. Came for a point and scored 5 goals and left with all 3...

the Kiwi in Aussie

We were at Melbourne City v Wellington Phoenix in the A-League here two days ago and two Barnsley-supporting Aussies spotted me in the Tricky top and wanted to sob about the result!

Quote Originally Posted by shovelheadred View Post
    We were at Melbourne City v Wellington Phoenix in the A-League here two days ago and two Barnsley-supporting Aussies spotted me in the Tricky top and wanted to sob about the result!

I was there too shovel -- with my two boys -- we were all wearing our Forest shirts with pride. Are you going tomorrow night ?

the Kiwi in Aussie

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    I was there too shovel -- with my two boys -- we were all wearing our Forest shirts with pride. Are you going tomorrow night ?
    YES! We're in the City active end.