Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Default Football Manager 2017

Anyone else grabbed a copy of it?

Had a blast over the weekend and sitting 5th in late November, the Forest squad's stats are relatively favourable overall with a minimal transfer kitty (500k for a top half finish). The new in game social media feature makes you realise what nonsense can be spouted on twitter at both ends of the spectrum!

Brought in Charles N'Zogbia (Free) and Josh Murphy (Season Loan - Norwich), with Danny Fox heading to Blackburn for a whopping £95k and Nicola Dimitriu being sent packing back to Napoli. Biggest signing is easily Paul Scholes as first team coach though!

As in real life injuries seem to be a re-occurring theme, however James Thorne and Matty Cash are holding their own. Handed out debuts to Ryan Yates and Virgin Gomis who are highly rated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Football Manager 2017

Last year was about the first one I've not played. There's not enough progression from year to year so like FIFA, no point buying it every year plus you can't resell it now when you get bored of it which is a big no no for me.
    I'm interested to see the updates on the gameplay now though and the price too, as it's not a £30-40 game for me

Got a copy for £30, I find spending that each year is great value as I spend endless hours on it!

I don't think there needs to be drastic progression as the core base of it is already spot on, its mostly a lot of the smaller features that make a better impact for me.

I do agree with FIFA but that's probably because I only play it for 3/4 hours a month at best (although the Mrs usually treats me to it anyway!).

First FM I won't buy (most likely).
    Tried the demo, then went back to FM16, started a new game and had a deja vu, FM17 (so far) is just a graphically refined FM16, the changes (maybe it's because it's just a demo, but I doubt it) don't justify calling it a new game (and setting a 55 euro price tag on it).

Surely it's almost the complete game now bar a bit of polishing?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

It pisses me off that this is pretty much a transfer update every year.

The whole engine needs revamping and simplifying. CM 97/98 had a certain magic about it and was more 'transparent' and 'cleaner'.

Take me back to CM94 update disk.

Pork - Stuffing - Apple Sauce

I had an urge to play FM a few weeks back but FM17 sounded poor and it's far too exspensive for a yearly update, so I reinstalled the last one I bought, FM15. I let it run overnight until about 2025 and started playing with Forest, but still got bored of it after a few league games. It's not the same without current/real players.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Fawazzock View Post
    Take me back to CM94 update disk.
    The old mid-90s ones were brilliant. You had different games for the different leagues.

I used to do the Bundesliga one and it was great fun.

You could always sign George Weah for peanuts as he was at that point playing in the Gulf somewhere and he'd come and play for about £5k a week and smash in the goals.

"It is better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep"

I'm still on FM14, but that's partly because I'm running a laptop which already struggles to run FM14 efficiently after a few seasons.

There are a few things that needed tweaking from FM14, not sure if they've been done, but my biggest gripes were:

- Squad would randomly turn against you if you answered 'badly' in a player one to one and your own attributes weren't set to 20 level of discipline.
    - No sense of players understanding they're being rested for a big game. If I don't play my star striker for a couple of league games after I'd already won the league and had a CL final coming up, he'd kick off for being dropped.
    - 'Shouts' in-game do absolutely nothing.
    - Too much emphasis placed on club 'size' which is based on latest 5 year history. If you got two successive promotions from L1 to PL your average still had you down as a lower/mid-table Championship club.
    - Training wasn't detailed enough, nor good enough. Best stat gains seemed to come out of creating a mentoring relationship.
    - Speaking of which, mentoring relationships should form randomly, not be assigned by the manager.
    - Interviews with the media were dull and there was only ever one option you should pick.

I'll probably hold off FM17 and get FM18 - that's a four year gap then, I'd like to think there'd been a fair few developments in that time frame. I might have a new laptop by then too.

Karanka Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    The old mid-90s ones were brilliant. You had different games for the different leagues.

I used to do the Bundesliga one and it was great fun.

You could always sign George Weah for peanuts as he was at that point playing in the Gulf somewhere and he'd come and play for about £5k a week and smash in the goals.
    I loved the CM Italia and CM Holland/Belgium games. I still have them on CD but they won't install anywhere on modern day PCs.

Simple and magical games. I remember having a serious operation on my knee to install pins when I was at school and my parents turned my sitting room into a bedroom for me as I couldn't get up the stairs.

I would lie there and play this all day

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I loved the CM Italia and CM Holland/Belgium games. I still have them on CD but they won't install anywhere on modern day PCs.

Simple and magical games. I remember having a serious operation on my knee to install pins when I was at school and my parents turned my sitting room into a bedroom for me as I couldn't get up the stairs.

I would lie there and play this all day

I would at this point suggest you consider running a Virtual Machine with an older version of DOS or Windows, upon which you can most certainly install these wonderful old games.