Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Curse of Billy Davies

Default Re: The Curse of Billy Davies

[QUOTE=Barry;2618152][IMG]http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/fa3caa2531684c48b8d3335ac88ae1f5/soccer

Yes, that's the bloke.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    That is why the Germans call people of Billy's race "Die Damen aus der H÷lle".

Do they still call them that Chriscl?
    I can't remember which Scottish regiment it was but they were stationed in Minden and they were called the Poison Dwarfs, they were a tough crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    I can't remember which Scottish regiment it was but they were stationed in Minden and they were called the Poison Dwarfs, they were a tough crowd.
    My old mate who did National Service in the Artillery used to say that the Scots and the Welsh made the best fighting troops, providing they had White Officers.

I expect you have heard similar forces banter?

Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Just coming out of the voting booth this morning, when I was stopped by a chap who remarked I was a long way from the CG; I take my morning exercise wearing a replica top. Turned out he was a League referee, but is now retired. Said he always loved going to the CG to ref, so I said Cloughie was always keen not to upset the officials. Chap laughed and said he wasn't that old. As we went through a list of Forest managers I mentioned Billy Davies.

Ah yes, he said, bit of a nutcase. Apparently he was ref at a Preston v Leeds playoff game when Leeds finished with 9 men and Preston had a goal disallowed. Billy completely lost it that night! (Preston lost 3-1 on aggregate).
    Don't ever mention the phrase "job done" within ear shot of a Leeds fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    If you get the chance take a short trip from Manot to Oradour-sur-Glane, it is the village where the Nazis slaughtered everyone. The village is left as it was the day after the atrocity and a new village built next door.

You come away with a different attitude to life after visiting the rust and ruins of Oradour that are unchanged since 10th June 1944.
    It's the one place I have never got round to visiting and god knows I have been to just about every part of France. Will make a special trip one of the days I am back.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
    It's the one place I have never got round to visiting and god knows I have been to just about every part of France. Will make a special trip one of the days I am back.
    It is not for everyone. My missus won't go and neither will an English bloke I know in the village, because it is too traumatic. If you ever fly into Limoges it is just up the road from the airport.

I used to fly in a couple of times per year, bugger I never realised it was so close to the airport. I like Limoges, the town centre is very nice.