Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

Interesting article about alternative to flights travel

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...-travel-europe

I cant imagine it'll change much, the plane still flew and the tankers burn tonnes of fuel but looked at for the C02 per weight of passenger, it's certainly "better"

Even forgetting the carbon footprint it seems like a great way to explore or experience something most will never do.

"Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Interesting article about alternative to flights travel

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2...-travel-europe

I cant imagine it'll change much, the plane still flew and the tankers burn tonnes of fuel but looked at for the C02 per weight of passenger, it's certainly "better"

Even forgetting the carbon footprint it seems like a great way to explore or experience something most will never do.
    What a load of bollocks.

While the concept sounds appealing and the calculations seem too good to be true, there's one problem, there's nowhere on the website he has used to validate his journey's emissions that show how on earth he has reached his conclusion.

Cargo ships use the dirtiest of fuel imaginable, so bad they call it "bunker fuel". now I could imagine that his weight as a passenger compared to the total weight of the ship might make those figure achievable, but the reality is that the overall emissions of travel by cargoship dwarf the emissions from flying.

The answer is to not work on the other side of the world and then want to keep going home.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Think it's more the experience than any carbon saving. If we're honest those ships wouldn't be used in a carbon neutral society

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Think it's more the experience than any carbon saving. If we're honest those ships wouldn't be used in a carbon neutral society
    They reckon one third of all the ships at sea are moving fuel to refuelling depots around the world for other ships to use.

Just to get a ship moving from dead in the water takes a massive amount of fuel.

They don't measure it in gallons, but by the ton, such is the amount they burn through.

Where's me hammer?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    They reckon one third of all the ships at sea are moving fuel to refuelling depots around the world for other ships to use.

Just to get a ship moving from dead in the water takes a massive amount of fuel.

They don't measure it in gallons, but by the ton, such is the amount they burn through.
    Thought I saw you in your Tesla last week, then I realised you wouldn't be seen dead in a red car.

On that note that ain't your house just outside ashbourne with all the save the planet posters tied up on the white fence outside is it?

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

Did you book that World cruise Keef?

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Thought I saw you in your Tesla last week, then I realised you wouldn't be seen dead in a red car.

On that note that ain't your house just outside ashbourne with all the save the planet posters tied up on the white fence outside is it?

How quaint.

A bit like Toyota selling cars marketed as self charging hybrids.

Where does the electricity come from in them, that's right, burning petrol to make electricity

In reality all cars, regardless of their manufacturers claims are bad for the planet, just that some are far worse than others.

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Yates View Post
    Did you book that World cruise Keef?
    No Eddie, cruising isn't my scene.

The young doctor does all that shite, drives me fucking nuts.

Who wants to be held hostage on a boat in the middle of the ocean with a group of boring old farts who think sitting on a tin tub is the height of holidaying.

Anyone who goes cruising is a **** in my opinion, including the doctor.

Where's me hammer?

How quaint.

A bit like Toyota selling cars marketed as self charging hybrids.

Where does the electricity come from in them, that's right, burning petrol to make electricity

In reality all cars, regardless of their manufacturers claims are bad for the planet, just that some are far worse than others.
    Have you seen the house I mentioned?

Account removed

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Have you seen the house I mentioned?

That's mine, you ****!!

Actually, it's not and I'm not even aware of it.

Whereabouts is it? I only tend to drive down the A52 to Derby these days or take the back lanes if I'm on the pushbike.

As for the Tesla, I'm still without one until closer to the start of the new tax year when the benefit in kind tax for electric cars reduces to zero, I've a Model 3 on order, but presently I have a Jaguar I-Pace on monthly subscription through Evezy, but that'll be gone soon as it's got a shockingly small range for what I pay each month in fees. It's claimed range is 292 miles but I struggle to get 200 even in a relatively mild winter.

Where's me hammer?

That's mine, you ****!!

Actually, it's not and I'm not even aware of it.

Whereabouts is it? I only tend to drive down the A52 to Derby these days or take the back lanes if I'm on the pushbike.

As for the Tesla, I'm still without one until closer to the start of the new tax year when the benefit in kind tax for electric cars reduces to zero, I've a Model 3 on order, but presently I have a Jaguar I-Pace on monthly subscription through Evezy, but that'll be gone soon as it's got a shockingly small range for what I pay each month in fees. It's claimed range is 292 miles but I struggle to get 200 even in a relatively mild winter.
    Defo off the 52 as i cant fit my lorry down any of the back lanes (except on my first day at the company following a car sat nav )

Think its around the Osmaston bit