Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 526 to 542 of 542
  1. #526
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,948

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    This morning, our CEO has announced the entire large German conglomerate will be carbon-neutral globally throughout over 400 sites, by the end of 2020.

    I‘m quite proud of that.

    „I believe in socialism because it seems more humanitarian, rather than every man for himself and 'I'm alright jack' and all those arsehole businessmen with all the loot. I made up my mind from viewing society from that angle. That's where I'm from and there's where I've made my decisions from. That's why I believe in socialism“

    — Joe Strummer

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #527
    The Clapham Crusader
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Cockpit
    Posts
    22,127

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Carbon doesn't bother me one way or the other so I'm very much carbon neutral


  4. #528
    Warp Speed Chic
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    7,263

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Carbon doesn't bother me one way or the other so I'm very much carbon neutral
    It's when it gets to cereals that bothers me. Just regular fibre for me, none of this carbon fibre.


  5. #529
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    32,526

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    "If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself".



    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  6. #530
    Left Winger
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lufthansa Business Lounge
    Posts
    75,948

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Big Brother is watching you.


  7. #531
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    41,957

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Further eroding actual police work. There just patsies to the government agenda now.

    "Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes." -Barry

  8. #532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    What are they going to do about women in Buquas then?

    Man covers face BAD, Woman covers face OK? I thought the objective was equal treatment under the law?


  9. #533
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    41,957

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Well ,actually, they asked and he told them to "fuck off", that's why he got the fine and as he was arrested he was required to show his face. Depends how it would have gone if he politely refused.


  10. #534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Well ,actually, they asked and he told them to "fuck off", that's why he got the fine and as he was arrested he was required to show his face. Depends how it would have gone if he politely refused.
    Is it actually a crime to tell a copper to fuck off? Not polite yes, but hardly a crime?


  11. #535
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    41,957

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    Is it actually a crime to tell a copper to fuck off? Not polite yes, but hardly a crime?
    Public order offence with a fixed penalty but it depends on the cop as far as I'm aware.


  12. #536
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    France
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joao CarvAndy!ho View Post
    Public order offence with a fixed penalty but it depends on the cop as far as I'm aware.
    From many years ago but still true.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTMO1qIyCY

    They would probably arrest the late and great Mel Smith for this now?


  13. #537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Nice to see our nieghbours getting to grips with things.
    https://greece.greekreporter.com/201...-textile-ones/

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  14. #538
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Nice to see our nieghbours getting to grips with things.
    https://greece.greekreporter.com/201...-textile-ones/

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    The completely irrelevant information of the day: it's far from certain that modern Ithaca is the Homeric Ithaca. According to one theory Homeric Ithaca is the western part of Kephalonia; according to another it's none other than your very own Lefkas.


  15. #539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The completely irrelevant information of the day: it's far from certain that modern Ithaca is the Homeric Ithaca. According to one theory Homeric Ithaca is the western part of Kephalonia; according to another it's none other than your very own Lefkas.
    Yes as Dortfeld the German proclaims

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  16. #540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    5,144

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Yes as Dortfeld the German proclaims
    Dörpfeld.


  17. #541
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Dörpfeld.
    Times I've walked past that statue and still get the bloody spelling wrong.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk


  18. #542
    Where's me hammer?
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    45,691

    Default Re: Going to hell in a handbasket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Times I've staggered past that statue and still get the bloody spelling wrong.

    Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
    More accurate?

    Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •