Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Fawaz watch! (In? Out? Shake it all about?)

Default Re: Fawaz watch! (In? Out? Shake it all about?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    In Mathur's favour he has achieved something that I always thought impossible in making me despise Yarksha County Cricket Club a bit more.

You know, between Fawaz & Marthur - not to mention managers like Platt & McClaren - as fans, we've essentially spent a large majority of the past 20 years paying thousands out of our own wages to serve as a training ground for (mostly) talentless & useless people.

I genuinely wonder if there could ever be a case against some of them to reimburse us If I ever get to meet Platt/Marthur/McClaren/etc. in the flesh I'll definitely, politely but straight faced, explain to them how much they de-valued the money I spent, and ask them if they are decent enough beings to throw a donation my way.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy View Post
    Anyone remember those beginning of the season Marthur interviews where he basically spoke down on us ?

Couldn't stand the guy but Nigel also had his role to play. Unfortunately he hired him and kept him but also his vision was always changing which didn't make it easy for which direction the club was going to go in.
    As both you & Wes say though, it wasn't just Marthur's actions, it was the way in which he did things too.

His entire mission in life seemed to be to spite people.

Even if Billy had relegated us, I'd fucking LOVE the man just for the fact that he was a major thorn in Marthurs side, and ultimately the "poison" which killed the disease that was Mark Arthur.

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 03-11-17 at 10:54.
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post

You know, between Fawaz & Marthur - not to mention managers like Platt & McClaren - as fans, we've essentially spent a large majority of the past 20 years paying thousands out of our own wages to serve as a training ground for (mostly) talentless & useless people.

I genuinely wonder if there could ever be a case against some of them to reimburse us If I ever get to meet Platt/Marthur/McClaren/etc. in the flesh I'll definitely, politely but straight faced, explain to them how much they de-valued the money I spent, and ask them if they are decent enough beings to throw a donation my way.
    We have essentially been financing the lives of people who we mostly can't abide, perhaps it's us that are as thick as fucking mince.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes' Organ View Post
    We have essentially been financing the lives of people who we mostly can't abide, perhaps it's us that are as thick as fucking mince.
    Bang on.

For all the hatred put his way, he ultimately got rid of Marthur and - to a degree - helped setup Fawaz's downfall too.......

Cobra_movie_poster.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bangerz View Post
    His heart was in Leeds until it settled on Forest
    QPR too. He was close to buying them before us.

It was all about finding a 'sleeping giant' in this league. He enjoyed the thought of getting a club back to where it belongs but it was all dreamland stuff from a guy living in cloud cuckoo land.

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Bang on.

For all the hatred put his way, he ultimately got rid of Marthur and - to a degree - helped setup Fawaz's downfall too.......

Cobra_movie_poster.jpg

Hooray for cancer- it got me a new liver so I can get pissed again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC

Made one good decision by removing Cotterill (because he wanted McLeish and ended up not getting him immediately) and then it was all down hill from then on in.

Absolute narcissistic man child who got exposed for the living-off-daddy's-money loser he's always been but never realised.

Almost left the club financially ruined in the third tier having taken it over on the cheap with a clean slate.

He got let off lightly from our fan base. The SOD/McLeish/Davies phase was utterly ridiculous, then the Pearce/Dougal/Brazil stuff was just as nuts. Whole club was run on decisions made on the spur of the moment.

Can't tell you how much it means to me he's not here anymore. Took three years longer than it should have done for him to get on his bike, three very long years that I don't want this club ever to sink to again because honestly I don't think I'd be able to do it again.

Proud father of the :whoosh:

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Pope View Post
    Hooray for cancer- it got me a new liver so I can get pissed again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I sit at home alone on cold winter nights, and reflect on what was and what could have been, I sometimes shed a tear to some Alice Cooper and think of Billy.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww

It's all so wrong, yet.....it still feels so right.......I want to kiss him, but his lips are venomous poison......

There's all this talk of Fawaz and his ego, not sure I see it myself

Rose-Coloured Boy

Tosspot of the highest order. Let's just rejoice that he's gone.

Devils favourite advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post
    There's all this talk of Fawaz and his ego, not sure I see it myself

What always got me with that was i could understand him wanting himself and Clough in it.... but where does Sam Hammam come into it?

Fawaz was a delusional romantic with little knowledge of football who exhibited childish behaviour and believed money could fix anything that was broken.

He has admitted he failed.

Time to pick up the pieces and forge a new future.

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.

Visit my Facebook page 'DBW Creative'