Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Bogle

Default Omar Bogle

Ourselves and Wigan are apparently weighing up a £1m move in January for Grimsby Town striker Omar Bogle.

Must confess, I've not seen much of him but I've seen his name flash up on the goals on Soccer Saturday and it's a great name.

From photos he looks big and strong. Just the type of hungry lower league signing we should be going for, I think.

If there's any about I will try to watch a few youtube videos later.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Omar Bogle

You can't argue against his goal record, it's superb really.

I first came across him in 2013 on FM and followed his career since, it's not surprising clubs like us are looking at him though. He is well worth the risk in my opinion, especially at that price reported.

Never mind his goal scoring...what's his injury record like?

Can he play left back?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Doesn't like Joe Worrall

He sounds like a board game

Red til I'm dead

Darren Byfield, ex Villa man, quoted a few years ago (while playing with Bogle at Solihull Moors in the Conference North):

"Omar is not only our top scorer, he's the best player in the league – and not only that, I would say he's the best player in the league above. He's that good.

"He will play in the Football League and that's a fact. When I say that to people, they look at me and say 'he's playing Conference North' but you just wait and see.

"He's only 21 but he's got everything – he can dribble, hold the ball up, scores headers, scores with his right foot, scores with his left foot. He's got it all.

"Omar's still young so of course I try to help him out when I can but I went up to him the other day and said 'there isn't anything I can say to you, there are just no faults at the moment'.

"He's young but he's such a humble guy and wants to learn and in Marcus Bignot he has a manager who believes in him and lets him express himself."

Was also with Celtic as a kid according to Wikipedia - sounds like a decent prospect. If this rumour is true, then PP and/or PM obviously like an absolute unit up top...

Not every signing will come good, but I'm loving our approach now.

We're trying to make the best of folk who still have potential for little outlay in fees, and if we keep doing that and selling the odd player for big profit's to cover the costs, sooner or later we'll have a promotion challenging side.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Seen him play for Grimsby a couple of times. He scored twice in a minute at Wembley in May to help them win the play offs (think he also missed a sitter just before that). Also scored the winner in the semi at Braintree.

Can't say I noticed him standing out as a Championship level when he played at Welling. He wasn't actually their top scorer in their promotion year, but first year at that level. So 23, but a late bloomer in terms of experience. And he's made a flying start in div 4.

In an ideal world, he'd be left at Grimsby to develop. It is clearly working well for the club and player at the moment, but they are both only a couple of months into a season at a new level. Bigger clubs could see where he is in a year's time. There's no time for that any more.

Last edited by Francis Benali (on loan); 27-09-16 at 13:13.

First one was an own goal, but think he was given it.

He will be worth more than £1m by January if he keeps scoring at his current rate.
    The market for strikers and goalscorers is sky high. Even from Lg 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Trees View Post
    He will be worth more than £1m by January if he keeps scoring at his current rate.
    The market for strikers and goalscorers is sky high. Even from Lg 2.
    Given it's October this weekend, what would you expect it to rise to?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    Given it's October this weekend, what would you expect it to rise to?
    Couple a million at least. 3 or 4 months for his agent and the club to rustle up a buyers market.

Couple a million at least. 3 or 4 months for his agent and the club to rustle up a buyers market.
    So still affordable. But if he keeps banging them in regularly, do you reckon he'd rise to a less affordable price say 5-10m?

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery View Post
    So still affordable. But if he keeps banging them in regularly, do you reckon he'd rise to a less affordable price say 5-10m?
    Don't think he will rise to £5m plus. No.
    How much did Roofe go for in the end? I liked the look of him.

Think it was 3m?

Roofe is a left back tho isn't he

Tudders number 1 fan

Two Thumbs ..what could go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MXJ View Post
    Roofe is a left back tho isn't he
    No he's an attacking midfielder come striker.
    Did well for Oxford. Not sure how well he's started at Leeds.
    Came on as sub against us and looked quite dangerous I thought.

I went to watch Notts vs Grimby earlier this season and his was the stand out player by a mile for the first 60 minutes. Strong , quick and good in the air. Looked very mobile and not too dissimilar to a Sturridge in style of play.

Would be a cracking addition to the 11 and an inevitable replacement for Britt.

I heard that RB Leipzig are going to put a bid in for him to get him away from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Can't say I noticed him standing out as a Championship level when he played at Welling. He wasn't actually their top scorer in their promotion year, but first year at that level. So 23, but a late bloomer in terms of experience. And he's made a flying start in div 4.
    Looks like a very similar career path to Andre Gray so far, and that certainly worked out for him at Championship level.

Brentford actually payed a similar amount to about £1m if my memory serves me correctly too.

This one Bogle's the mind, to be honest...

Seriously though, a potentially good player and definitely the type of signing we should be looking at. With only 3 strikers on the books, bringing in another would be welcome move.

Still, more chance of brother Omar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Looks like a very similar career path to Andre Gray so far, and that certainly worked out for him at Championship level.

Brentford actually payed a similar amount to about £1m if my memory serves me correctly too.
    You've only got to look at Jamie Vardy to see how it can all work out well if they've got the talent.

Wouldn't be the first late bloomer to succeed. How old was Ian Wright when he joined Palace, 22 I think? Got his move to Arsenal when he was 28 and still managed to break their goalscoring record.

I like his initials