9 11.54%
  • Donald Trump

6 7.69%
Page 354 of 364 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 9080

Thread: Takeover shenanigans!?

Default Re: Takeover shenanigans!?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBIAS View Post
    I was surprised that some Derby fans aren't more concerned. We all know the potential Forest have if the club get the off field things right. Obviously it is early days but this guy clearly isn't fawaz mk2 as he owns a very well run club and is business savvy. I'm more pleased that he looks like someone who will sort the business side of the club out than someone coming in threatening to blow millions on players. We need to sort that side out to move forward as a club and if both on and off field come together there will be no stopping us. I'm so sure of it.
    Totally agree Forest and its fans are such an untapped resource because folk in power have been so poor at realising how much money they could actually make from us....

Whereas the sheep have fully exploited there's and they will still be on the same points come August... as a sheep id be very worried and disappointed they didnt capitalise when they should have.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was surprised that some Derby fans aren't more concerned. We all know the potential Forest have if the club get the off field things right. Obviously it is early days but this guy clearly isn't fawaz mk2 as he owns a very well run club and is business savvy. I'm more pleased that he looks like someone who will sort the business side of the club out than someone coming in threatening to blow millions on players. We need to sort that side out to move forward as a club and if both on and off field come together there will be no stopping us. I'm so sure of it.
    I think they are going through a mixture of the gallows humour and self denial phase at the moment

This post says a lot from an Olympiakos fan on their forum

"This is a good move for our club. It will open many new doors regardings players and coaches . And if he does manage to get them back in the premier league he will reap upwards of 300 million euros.
    Smart move by Marinakis, Nottingham Forest is a former dual European cup winner, its a historical club and has a large fanbase...and they are now a defacto satellite club of ours."

Not sure about the satellite bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by siforest65 View Post
    This post says a lot from an Olympiakos fan on their forum

"This is a good move for our club. It will open many new doors regardings players and coaches . And if he does manage to get them back in the premier league he will reap upwards of 300 million euros.
    Smart move by Marinakis, Nottingham Forest is a former dual European cup winner, its a historical club and has a large fanbase...and they are now a defacto satellite club of ours."

Not sure about the satellite bit though.
    That's bullshit.

This guy speculates bullshit.

Take my word for this. None of the teams will be satellite to the other. Marinakis is clever enough to distinguish these two clubs.

Players could be exchanged though based on the needs, but marinakis considers a lot his fame and won't harm each other.

There are also other guys that are afraid that he will invest more there and this will affect us badly.

Again not the case. People tend to believe the worst by nature.

Time will prove me right. Both teams will benefit from this. Take for example red bull. It has two teams. One in Austria and one in Germany, Leipzig. Both in the Champions League next year! However due to conflict only one will play in cl.

This shows that when someone knows what to do and how to allocate money and resources he can succeed in both places.

Another thing that proves this guy wrong is that up to now you have taken two of our persons. Kominakis ex member of the board and vrentzos our managing director. So, one could thing that we are left in a second role. Again, not the case.

Wait and see

The satellite bit is clearly wrong. Take a look at transfermarkt. The two teams are worth roughly the same. We are currently more succesful, obviously, both domestically and internationally. But we are part of a decaying football market, while you are part of a strong and wealthy one, and you have Premier potential.

Let me put it differently. I already mentioned that we have created ties with Standard Ličge, another team with comparable market value in transfermarkt. We loaned a French winger to them two years ago, Mathieu Dossevi, because he wasn't good enough for us. His features however (pace, driblle) made him useful there (in the Belgian championship defence is a word they have to look up in the dictionary). He was one of their leading scorers and they bought them from us for a price comparable to what we had bought him in the first place. This year we loaned a Cypriot international to them, Kostas Laifis, for two years. He played very well for them and, given that our defence this year was crap, we want him back. If we take him back, however, the deal is that we have to pay some money to them, to compensate for dissolving the loan. So it's a win-win situation for them: either they keep a good player for a second year for free, or they get some money for a player who did not belong to them in the first place.

There are plenty of complicated deals (Vrentzos' specialty) that can benefit both teams. So, the idea of either team being the satellite of the other is wrong, in my view.

Last edited by GreeksBearingGifts; 19-05-17 at 20:18.

Are there any global companies involved with sponsorship at olympiacos who we may see sponsoring Forest in the future?

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I very much doubt there'll be a situation whereby a decision at one club will negatively affect the other. The problems may start in the highly unlikely event we play in europe.

Are there any global companies involved with sponsorship at olympiacos who we may see sponsoring Forest in the future?
    The Greek market is too insignificant for big companies to splash out a lot of money here. Bur Marinakis does a lot of business with the Chinese.

Wandering around the CG

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    That's bullshit.

This guy speculates bullshit.

Take my word for this. None of the teams will be satellite to the other. Marinakis is clever enough to distinguish these two clubs.

Players could be exchanged though based on the needs, but marinakis considers a lot his fame and won't harm each other.

There are also other guys that are afraid that he will invest more there and this will affect us badly.

Again not the case. People tend to believe the worst by nature.

Time will prove me right. Both teams will benefit from this. Take for example red bull. It has two teams. One in Austria and one in Germany, Leipzig. Both in the Champions League next year! However due to conflict only one will play in cl.

This shows that when someone knows what to do and how to allocate money and resources he can succeed in both places.

Another thing that proves this guy wrong is that up to now you have taken two of our persons. Kominakis ex member of the board and vrentzos our managing director. So, one could thing that we are left in a second role. Again, not the case.

Wait and see
    Are you saying we are going to be Olympiakos's bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    I very much doubt there'll be a situation whereby a decision at one club will negatively affect the other. The problems may start in the highly unlikely event we play in europe.
    If you remember my first post, I mentioned the relevant Uefa regulation: no owner can own more than 50% in two teams competing in European competitions. The solution to your problem is called Sokratis Kominakis...

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

I assume he'll just buy 51%?

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    The Greek market is too insignificant for big companies to splash out a lot of money here. Bur Marinakis does a lot of business with the Chinese.
    I didn't know if the CL had brought the club more sponsors. Also one of the guys mentioned had worked for etihad I seem to remember.

I assume he'll just buy 51%?
    Currently, Kominakis owns only 20% of the shares. But this can easily change, should the need arise...

Already taken care of, with the participation of kominakis in the scheme

Last edited by karteo; 19-05-17 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Gunn View Post
    Are you saying we are going to be Olympiakos's bitch?
    Only if you wish so

http://www.olympiacos.org/sponsors

As my teammate said, you are a different and much bigger market, and that can attract sponsors of a different caliber.

Well at least I can follow the Champions League with a little interest. Otherwise I honestly couldn't be arsed. Not sure who's left in this years competition or what stage it's at.

I quite like the idea of attending a match with Olympiakos supporters especially if they play in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    http://www.olympiacos.org/sponsors

As my teammate said, you are a different and much bigger market, and that can attract sponsors of a different caliber.
    Cheers. There are some big companies there. Any chance of 'the world famous City Ground sponsored by tsakiris chips'.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Well at least I can follow the Champions League with a little interest. Otherwise I honestly couldn't be arsed. Not sure who's left in this years competition or what stage it's at.

I quite like the idea of attending a match with Olympiakos supporters especially if they play in the UK.
    Since it went off sky and itv I haven't watched a second of it. I couldn't even tell you who won it last year.

Are tsakiris chips any good or are they all rubbery like mcain

Tasteless crap.

I disagree with above person lol.

They are good. Not that plastic shit like McCain
    They have also a high tech version of chip sticks.
    Really fuckin addictive if you open this in front of a TV watching sports

http://www.24hr.gr/content/products/...alati_90gr.jpg

They should make Gyros crisps.... i love a good gyros and a bottle of mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeksBearingGifts View Post
    Tasteless crap.
    Much like the catering at Forest then.

Get 'em singed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They should make Gyros crisps.... i love a good gyros and a bottle of mythos.

Who doesn't?

Breakfast of Champions