How do you motivate a millionaire?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It's all about mid-table...

Default Re: Nicklas Bendtner: The Dark Lord has left the building

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    How do you motivate a millionaire?
    It has to come from within Andy.

Good attitude, good principles and knowing and accepting you're part of the 'team'.

It's all about mid-table...

He could have been brilliant for us. This signing had the potential to be a stroke of genius, just when you saw him on the pitch he never seemed interested or willing to fight for the ball.
    What worked for Berbatov, certainly wasn't working for him, and in the end Bendtner has to go down in history as yet another expensive mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    He could have been brilliant for us. This signing had the potential to be a stroke of genius, just when you saw him on the pitch he never seemed interested or willing to fight for the ball.
    What worked for Berbatov, certainly wasn't working for him, and in the end Bendtner has to go down in history as yet another expensive mistake.
    Itís an insult to Berbatov to compare the two. Berbatov was a genius on the pitch and did magical things and almost earn the right to be lazy (within reason..). Even in Bendtners best games over his career he isnít fit to lace Berbatovs boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    It’s an insult to Berbatov to compare the two. Berbatov was a genius on the pitch and did magical things and almost earn the right to be lazy (within reason..). Even in Bendtners best games over his career he isn’t fit to lace Berbatovs boots.
    No no no, I'm not comparing the two. I'm saying having a player that doesn't contribute anything to the rest of the pitch but knows how to put the ball in the net and is a strong presence up front is one thing, but without the goals that a Berbatov type player could score, you just have a lazy, disinterested player.

Not sure i'd say expensive. Was he not a free transfer, and it was said at the time he was on reasonable wages too as he was hoping to turn his reputation around.

I don't think he was as bad as some make out. He showed good glimpses, but he needed crosses into the box, which our wide men have been reluctant to do for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Stone's Mullet View Post
    Not sure i'd say expensive. Was he not a free transfer, and it was said at the time he was on reasonable wages too as he was hoping to turn his reputation around.

I don't think he was as bad as some make out. He showed good glimpses, but he needed crosses into the box, which our wide men have been reluctant to do for some time.
    As I've said before, he just obviously didn't give enough of a fuck.

Put him into this team of academy grads all with desire and hunger and it might be different. Bring him in to a the Pedro team of 15 other mercenary footballers and you'll watch a player toss it off like the rest.

No no no, I'm not comparing the two. I'm saying having a player that doesn't contribute anything to the rest of the pitch but knows how to put the ball in the net and is a strong presence up front is one thing, but without the goals that a Berbatov type player could score, you just have a lazy, disinterested player.
    At least we were able to move Bendtner on after four months at minimal loss to the club instead of being saddled with them for years like Fryatt and Hobbs.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk