Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.

Thread: Internet Betting

Default Internet Betting

Not forest related but more chance of a reply than on "obscure" forums .

I usually bet on footie and, more often than not, have a bet on under/over goals etc.
    For example : under 1.5 goals /over 1.5 goals. I have no problem with that but what does under 1.5/2 goals or over 2.5/3 goals mean ?

Similar Threads:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rice 13

Default Re: Internet Betting

under 1.5goals.Just clarifies that only one or no goals shall be scored in the game
    over 2.5. Just clarifies that 3 or more goals shall be scored in the game

It just covers the bookies should someone argue that the definition isn't clear

Theres a betting threvd stickied in the football banter section just so you know

Thanks uredsuns but it's the bit about e.g under 1.5/2 goals or over 2.5/3 goals that I don't get .
    Cheers

Rice 13

Basically its like I said it just clarifies that under 1.5/2 goals means one or no goals being scored.

I.E under 7.5/8 would mean 6 or less being scored as you cant score half a goal.

Rice IV

Quote Originally Posted by uredsuns
    I.E under 7.5/8 would mean 6 or less being scored as you cant score half a goal.
    7 or less! :P

Talk to me, Goose.

Rice 13

Oh yeah silly me

I understand what the "under 1.5" means. ie 1 goal or less but what about "under 1.5/2 " goals ?

Rice 13

All under 1.5/2 goals means is 1 or no goals scored just using different numbers for people who don't understand what under 1.5 goals is.

I do bets with mates. It's simple it's agreed and fair and also my mates don't really have a clue when spectating football. They don't know much about the financial side of things and they don't know alot about how real football should be played.

I love taking advantage of their little knowledge of football and the fact they think they know it all!!

For example one mate was insistent Leeds were going to get points back because it was more than 10 points and it was 25 overall. Before explaining football league rules regarding administration etc. I made a £10 bet with him (I tried to make it £20 but he refused) When I explained he then didn't believe me so I just stuk to what I thought and I knew the whole time I was going to win. It was great watching him hand over the money.

Quote Originally Posted by mouldy
    I do bets with mates. It's simple it's agreed and fair and also my mates don't really have a clue when spectating football. They don't know much about the financial side of things and they don't know alot about how real football should be played.

I love taking advantage of their little knowledge of football and the fact they think they know it all!!

For example one mate was insistent Leeds were going to get points back because it was more than 10 points and it was 25 overall. Before explaining football league rules regarding administration etc. I made a £10 bet with him (I tried to make it £20 but he refused) When I explained he then didn't believe me so I just stuck to what I thought and I knew the whole time I was going to win. It was great watching him hand over the money.
    I once made a bet with someone on here, £50 that Leeds wont get promoted in the 2007/08 season, obviously they didn't get promoted. I tried to get him to admit that he had lost and pay up, yet he used the most embarrassing tactics to avoid it. Poor effort really, especially on the back of a few months of himself trying to gloat about the fact I was going to lose. He even tried to say the bet didn't stand, but how it couldn't stand I don't* know!

Anyway.... Lesson I learned? Don't make bets with people who have a history of bottling when it comes to the crunch!

Sour grapes? No.
    Wish he would admit he had no intention of paying up? Yes!!