Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 145

Thread: I like watching football on Sky

      
  1. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,361

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    The major problem with F1 is that it is a procession. The only excitement is changing the tyres or a crash. Nothing else happens. You don't even get the impression of speed or noise on the TV.


  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,661

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    You do when Kevin Magnusson goes flying into a barrier and demolishes his car This season has been getting feisty with cars taking each other out, drivers not wanting to back off etc. It's still a 2 horse race but it's very close and there's a long way to go yet. Best season in ages. The DRS allows for much more overtaking, it's been a good addition overall.

    It would be good if Sky could have Rally X and Touring Cars on a racing channel. Racing is only ever great when drivers are going at it.


  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,361

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    You do when Kevin Magnusson goes flying into a barrier and demolishes his car This season has been getting feisty with cars taking each other out, drivers not wanting to back off etc. It's still a 2 horse race but it's very close and there's a long way to go yet. Best season in ages. The DRS allows for much more overtaking, it's been a good addition overall.

    It would be good if Sky could have Rally X and Touring Cars on a racing channel. Racing is only ever great when drivers are going at it.
    I'm talking about watching a car go round Paddock Bend at full chat at Brands Hatch. It's awesome, but on TV it looks as if you or I could do it. You picked up on one of my points, you look for crashes to make it exciting. The problem now is it's getting so safe that they can have crashes like that and they walk away so they take crazy chances. Watching a car crash and burn at the Nurbugring (the old circuit) was not exciting, it was horrifying.


  5. #54
    No wonder my post count..
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    11,850

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    They should introduce loop the loops. That would make it more interesting...



    MOTHERFUCKINGDEXTERBLOODYBLACKSTOCKOHMYFUCKINGGODY ESGETINYOUMOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FUCKINGHAVESOMEOFTHATYOUCUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    25,661

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    The problem with F1 has always been that some cars are far better than others. like I said, I hope Rally X and Touring Cars become more mainstream. Rally X especially, I'm surprised that's not been picked up with how popular car culture is these days. Souped up hatchbacks with stickers on driving like bellends... it's a sure fire hit.


  7. #56
    Account removed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,139

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by adam09 View Post
    The problem with F1 has always been that some cars are far better than others. like I said, I hope Rally X and Touring Cars become more mainstream. Rally X especially, I'm surprised that's not been picked up with how popular car culture is these days. Souped up hatchbacks with stickers on driving like bellends... it's a sure fire hit.
    Used to be on Granstand and World of Sport back in the day.

    The problem with F1 and MotoGP is that you have the 'factory' teams and then the also rans. It isn't anywhere near a level playing field. The only time the smaller teams can compete is when it rains and driver/rider skill is as important as the technology in the car or bike. Luckily MotoGP has had as many wet races as dry ones this season which has kept it interesting culminating in Cal Crutchlow achieving the first British win in the premier class for 35 years last weekend.

    Motorsport as a whole though is going through a transitional phase presently. Grids would be full of factory teams in the past. With car makers and to a lesser extent motorcycle makers concentrating more of their budgets on electric technologies there just isn't the money around to spend on the fripperies of racing.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,361

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Used to be on Granstand and World of Sport back in the day.

    The problem with F1 and MotoGP is that you have the 'factory' teams and then the also rans. It isn't anywhere near a level playing field. The only time the smaller teams can compete is when it rains and driver/rider skill is as important as the technology in the car or bike. Luckily MotoGP has had as many wet races as dry ones this season which has kept it interesting culminating in Cal Crutchlow achieving the first British win in the premier class for 35 years last weekend.

    Motorsport as a whole though is going through a transitional phase presently. Grids would be full of factory teams in the past. With car makers and to a lesser extent motorcycle makers concentrating more of their budgets on electric technologies there just isn't the money around to spend on the fripperies of racing.
    Actually F1 used to be a real mix of factory teams and private entrants like Rob Walker or Ecurie Ecosse. Problem these days is technology. In the old days a good mechanic with the right spanner was worth his weight in gold. I'll grant you that the manufacturers have always had the whip hand.


  9. #58
    Account removed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,139

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by valspoodle View Post
    Actually F1 used to be a real mix of factory teams and private entrants like Rob Walker or Ecurie Ecosse. Problem these days is technology. In the old days a good mechanic with the right spanner was worth his weight in gold. I'll grant you that the manufacturers have always had the whip hand.
    I probably phrased that wrong. Agree with what you are saying. Technological advances cost money which many of the smaller teams don't have.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    186

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Racing in general is great to watch when you get the helmet cam or nose cam. But TV editors seem to think nobody likes it. They are wrong


  11. #60
    Account removed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,139

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt Slice View Post
    Racing in general is great to watch when you get the helmet cam or nose cam. But TV editors seem to think nobody likes it. They are wrong
    Why, have you asked all the viewers?


  12. #61

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Do Sky Sports have this?




  13. #62

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Red Monday


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,361

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Carayol Camping View Post
    Red Monday
    Doing my bloody head in. Last Thursday they were advertising that as if it's the season climax on Monday night! I mean, Forest are playing Blackburn on Tuesday, just as important.


  15. #64

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Is the unthinkable happening – are people finally switching the football off?

    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...y_to_clipboard


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Fterno, Lefkada
    Posts
    11,004

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Is the unthinkable happening – are people finally switching the football off?

    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...y_to_clipboard
    Because the average Greek around here can't afford these sports packages, if there is a big game on they all go to the bars to watch the games. Great atmosphere last night for the Olympiakos game.
    Its only the British expats out here that have satellite t v as I know of.
    I've never had it nor wanted it. Once you can break the habit of watching TV you find lots of other things to do.
    I'm determined to make the effort to watch our local team this year. Tilikratis, who are in the Greek 3rd division. Its a bit of a regional semi pro league.

    Last edited by Lefkasman; 24-10-16 at 19:14.

  17. #66
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    17,783

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Is the unthinkable happening – are people finally switching the football off?

    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...y_to_clipboard



  18. #67
    Account removed
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17,139

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Once you can break the habit of watching TV you find lots of other things to do.

    I'm determined to make the effort to watch our local team this year. Tilikratis, who are in the Greek 3rd division. Its a bit of a regional semi pro league.
    Absolutely.

    I have so much to do, I can't work out how people have time for watching TV, let alone sitting to watch a game of football on TV.

    Considering I only work for about 6 hours a day, six days of the week, there just aren't enough hours in theday to fit everything else in that needs to be done, or to do more relaxing past-times.

    Think I need to employ a PA.

    I wonder what TBT is doing


  19. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Even MotD has become an enormous turn off, so much utterly boring chat, where he should have been or what the score would have been if he moved there, meanwhile the highlights are so condensed, to watch a bit of football is like watching paint dry.


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beeston
    Posts
    16,020

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    When didn't they discuss the games on MOTD? They've been doing it for as long as I can remember. And judging by clips I've seen, they were doing it way before then as well.


  21. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    17,613

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    When didn't they discuss the games on MOTD? They've been doing it for as long as I can remember. And judging by clips I've seen, they were doing it way before then as well.
    Of course it was discussed, but the discussion used to be about the two games and then probably press stills about any other newsworthy items. Today, they work to produce news worthy items from what is becoming increasingly dross fayre.


  22. #71

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Agreed. Match of the Day was better when they would show highlights from three games and then a goals round up. I saw it on Saturday. Half the matches ended 0-0 and yet they still show highlights of them of all.


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beeston
    Posts
    16,020

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by sedgred View Post
    Of course it was discussed, but the discussion used to be about the two games and then probably press stills about any other newsworthy items. Today, they work to produce news worthy items from what is becoming increasingly dross fayre.
    Fair enough. Each to their own, but that sounds like a case of rose tinted specs to me.


  24. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Beeston
    Posts
    16,020

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis Benali (on loan) View Post
    Agreed. Match of the Day was better when they would show highlights from three games and then a goals round up. I saw it on Saturday. Half the matches ended 0-0 and yet they still show highlights of them of all.
    Sorry but that doesn't make sense.

    That's exactly what everyone criticised the Football League Show for; Guessing in advance which matches would be worthy of featured slots and only sending full crews to those grounds, so you could get a boring 0-0 as the main game while a 4-3 thriller could be a goals round up later on.
    Surely doing what they do now, taping every game in full and picking the most action-packed games for the full highlights and pushing the less exciting games to the minor slots is better?


  25. #74

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...er-league-beh/

    Finally people are understanding the damage caused by sky goes well beyond the national game


  26. #75

    Default Re: I like watching football on Sky

    Football is about to face a new revolution- since 1990 they've had it good. For me, they fucked up good and proper, most cant afford it, and most cant justify getting kids to commit to it, and that was in the 90s, now we have a situation where actually, footy isn't that fashionable, its in decline


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •