Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 333

Thread: The Contract Thread

      
  1. #51
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    28,284

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Mance is reputed to be on 25k. Would you offer him the same going forward?
    Obviously any new deal would be based on what the club's finances could reasonably afford. As in any organisation it's important to have a range of salaries based on level of experience and 'expertise'. A player like Mance would be near the top end of that scale, but the wage bill has to be in line with what the club's current budget.

    Last edited by Ravi; 31-03-17 at 09:10.
    "Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

  3. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    19,330

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    If Mancienne is on £25k a week that's £1.25m a year.

    I'm of the opinion we could replace him with a player a few years younger on half the wage who is just as good. We might have to pay a transfer fee for that player but it'd be cost neutral over the length of the contract and we'd have an asset with value.

    Mancienne's actually been one of the least frustrating Forest players given the shirt over recent years but sentiment is sentiment. Financially it doesn't work for the club for him to remain here.

    Karanka Mutineer

  4. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    9,178

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    Obviously any new deal would be based on what the club's finances could reasonably afford. As in any organisation it's important to have a range of salaries based on level of experience and 'expertise'. A player like Mance would be near the top end of that scale, but the wage bill has to be in line with what the club's current budget.
    Fair points, but unless we're going to continue to vastly overate the player, Id imagine what the club wants to pay & what Mancienne would want to receive will ultimately prove irreconcilable.


  5. #54
    Not that type of player
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niche Club
    Posts
    28,284

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Fair points, but unless we're going to continue to vastly overate the player, Id imagine what the club wants to pay & what Mancienne would want to receive will ultimately prove irreconcilable.
    All things considered, Mance is still our best defender imo. His partnership with Hobbs is as good as any other pair in the Championship, but obviously we need to move on from the more unreliable players like Hobbs.
    As with any other contract negotiation, if the player wants more than the club can afford then we move on.


  6. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    His partnership with Hobbs is as good as any other pair in the Championship.
    I'd agree with that but playing 4/5 games as a two in nearly 3 seasons is shocking output !


  7. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    201

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    .....and not once since about Psycho's 7th game in charge i might add......so we've gone through most of Pearce's, Freedman, Williams, Montanier, Brazil and Warburton's one game, where they either haven't been picked together or one or both haven't been available. It's shocking really.


  8. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,554

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    i would say keep mance, especially if we are moving a few midfielders on


  9. #58
    It's all about mid-table...
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Wetherspoons
    Posts
    13,559

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Mance is half decent, reads the game well.

    But I'd have him gone in a heartbeat at reckless wages, they all want halving at least tbh.


  10. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    13,006

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymondo Ponte' View Post
    Mance is half decent, reads the game well.

    But I'd have him gone in a heartbeat at reckless wages, they all want halving at least tbh.
    He is half decent. But his record at Forest has been blighted a bit by injury.
    Maybe not as biscuity as Hob(bs) nob but even so. Pushing 30 too and as you say very expensive wages.


  11. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,179

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Mancienne is probably the toughest decision. Think he's good at recycling the ball in defence, compared to Hobbs and Mills - key to the way Warburton wants to play.


  12. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,950

    Default Re: Out of Contract Players and Loans Ending at the End of Season

    Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    Christ I'll bet the wage savings here will be eye watering.

    Consider the output, surely we can replace with cheaper.
    Cohen is on a pay as you play contract, he wants to prove he isn't a crock and stealing a living before he signs anything else he doesn't even have an agent.


  13. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,628

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    added Smiths new deal


  14. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,665

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    With the way cohen & Vaughan has been instrumental in MW plans so far , i should imagine MW extending their contracts for a bit more after this season.


  15. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    19,330

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    I'm pleasantly surprised both Cohen and Vaughan have played all four games including three in a week under MW. Happy to eat humble pie if both can maintain a long run of fitness.


  16. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Shakey Wakey/Leeds Border
    Posts
    13,435

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Didn't Vaughan play well at the end of last season as well.... I think he might be worth another season but Cohen should retire IMHO, I would love Cohen to stay as a a coach but the way he is throwing himself about it is only going to end one way, You can't not love the guy he is giving it everything to keep us up. That I applaud him.

    Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

    Last edited by lard; 09-04-17 at 08:21.

  17. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    9,178

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    On the evidence of their short life under Warburton, you'd have to give both another year.


  18. #67
    Sexual Tyrannosaurus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    38,983

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lard View Post
    Didn't Vaughan play well at the end of last season as well.... I think he might be worth another season but Cohen should retire IMHO, I would love Cohen to stay as a a coach but the way he is throwing himself about it is only going to end one way, You can't not love the guy he is giving it everything to keep us up. That I applaud him.

    Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk
    There were two or three occasions yesterday when Cohen did far worse with his knee/leg than when he snapped it and he was fine. Hopefully he's come back stronger.

    I walk around like everything is fine but deep down, in my shoe, my sock is sliding off.

  19. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oxford
    Posts
    1,483

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieLePop View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised both Cohen and Vaughan have played all four games including three in a week under MW. Happy to eat humble pie if both can maintain a long run of fitness.
    Warbo keeps taking of managing there recovery times so between then I bet they don much training midweek


  20. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
    Posts
    19,330

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Forest ash View Post
    Warbo keeps taking of managing there recovery times so between then I bet they don much training midweek
    Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it means they can play three games a weeks next season and play well in those games.


  21. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    JLB Credit
    Posts
    7,077

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Building a team around crocks and praying they don't break has been the death of many a manager here in the past few years. If Cohen and Vaughan stay, then we still need to sign other midfielders. And if we sign other midfielders, there's not much point in keeping these two on the wage bill.

    It's all about who we can buy in the summer, for me.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


  22. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    STH NORMANTON
    Posts
    2,966

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    With the way cohen & Vaughan has been instrumental in MW plans so far , i should imagine MW extending their contracts for a bit more after this season.
    KGive them both another year. Let Cash And Abel do the running for them and learn their trade from the masters at the same time


  23. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Trent End
    Posts
    9,661

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Still can't say I am genuinely convinced Vaughan should get a new contract though. He's excellent at what he does but we need to search for the future version of him, he will be another year older next year. There are players out there, he will be difficult to replace but he's replaceable.

    I would even let Mancienne go, he one of those that on his day is superb but his fitness is just so hit and miss and you need your defenders to play 40+ games a season. It's time for a clear-out, replacing the no doubt talented players, with fitter, younger and hungry players.

    I would extend Cohen's deal on his pay-as-you-play deal though - because he only gets out what he puts in and is a good Championship player, even past his injuries.

    Last edited by Rzarecteh; 10-04-17 at 11:07.

  24. #73
    Can't Re Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    5,838

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rzarecteh View Post
    Still can't say I am genuinely convinced Vaughan should get a new contract though. He's excellent at what he does but we need to search for the future version of him, he will be another year older next year.
    I think you'll find all the players will be another year older next year.

    Oh FFS.

  25. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    DOGHOUSE
    Posts
    9,178

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    [QUOTE=Rzarecteh;2595719]Still can't say I am genuinely convinced Vaughan should get a new contract though. He's excellent at what he does but we need to search for the future version of him, he will be another year older next year. There are players out there, he will be difficult to replace but he's replaceable.
    /QUOTE]

    Initially thought Vaughns recycling of posession was too slow. The amount of times he'd face play & eventually turn back towards his own goal had me believing he wasn't up to it anymore.

    Wharburtons approach has vastly improved the options in front of Vaughn & the player has been totally revitalised.

    Calling him out as the best football player in our midfield wouldnt necessarily warrant a new contract, but he's actually been the best player on the park in recent games. With his legs seemingly holding up too, I think he's worthy of another year.


  26. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,686

    Default Re: The Contract Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Project Zeus View Post
    Building a team around crocks and praying they don't break has been the death of many a manager here in the past few years. If Cohen and Vaughan stay, then we still need to sign other midfielders. And if we sign other midfielders, there's not much point in keeping these two on the wage bill.

    It's all about who we can buy in the summer, for me.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Sign one midfielder and then rotate them 2 in the other spot?


 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •