Default Re: Armand Traore

Dem sleeves...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, this came out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    I do think Monty's taking an approach which as a footballing unit for the club makes little sense - personally I would have looked for a manager who saw the defence as fairly set in stone due to the fact that it performed well last year -
    I share your reservations going forward, its too early to tell which way this is gonna go. That said, I see the motive in reshuffling our defence given its inability to contribute out wide, and its poor distribution from the back.

I agree we were defensively solid, but if its at the expense of anything going forward, things need to change.

Then again we may have just made another niave appointment which has absolutely no idea how to create an effective championship side, and spend another year chasing our tails kidding ourselves we'll get anywhere near as good as Billy
    Are you still attending the counselling sessions?

The pitch is looking nice

Montanier does seemed to like his full-backs to have lots of pace. At arsenal ,Wenger has said that Traore was 3rd only behind walcott & vela for speed over a 40 metres sprint in his squad.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...henrys-3368956

Quote Originally Posted by MASE View Post
    I share your reservations going forward, its too early to tell which way this is gonna go. That said, I see the motive in reshuffling our defence given its inability to contribute out wide, and its poor distribution from the back.

I agree we were defensively solid, but if its at the expense of anything going forward, things need to change.
    We haven't had any attacking threat from fullback positions for a while. Jokic was effective going forward and he isn't even a proper attacking fullback.

It suggests a more narrow formation we will play with fullbacks bombing on, which is the best way to play (in my opinion).

I'm glad we're getting in attacking full-backs.

Most of the better teams we saw at Euro 2016 had these types of full-backs.

I've said it for a long time, while Lichaj gives 100% and is good defensively, he doesn't offer enough going forward and isn't good enough on the ball to be considered a very good full back.

Best served cold

But I see that as a lack of direction from up top again, not Monty's fault nor any reason why his method's can't succeed.
    Think it's the opposite to that Alf.

It is isn't the manager who is signing these players - it's the director of football. Monty's just the head coach. The new higher ups at the club seem to have a different, but strong, direction in mind and these signings are part of that, whether for good or for ill.

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

It feels like PM is going for a strong core with pace down the flanks approach. Teams often have success in the Championship like that. Quite simplistic but can work well.

Not sold on Traore as I am not a fan of his lack of games for a 26yr old. I believe in signing players who have proven they can handle long seasons (if they're not kids obviously)

But here's hoping he can kick-start his career with us.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRoy22 View Post
    I'm glad we're getting in attacking full-backs.

Most of the better teams we saw at Euro 2016 had these types of full-backs.
    Name a top successful team without them!

Pretty much every good side has them.

Quote Originally Posted by incapable hulk View Post

It is isn't the manager who is signing these players - it's the director of football. Monty's just the head coach. The new higher ups at the club seem to have a different, but strong, direction in mind and these signings are part of that, whether for good or for ill.
    He's not going to have absolutely no say in these signings. The manager is going to be in discussions all the time with PP.

PP has made his way work elsewhere, I trust him to do the same here.

Good shout. Ah the good ol modern DOF structure which yields all the answers

So far it seems like we've signed a lot of unecessary signings based on mathmatical equations and little more. we'll see, I aint gonna judge anything before I've seen em play.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Of the 6 signings only two don't. That is not "most".

I'm quite enjoying this low key and under the radar approach to signings, rather than the classic Forest approach of splurging millions on players and being favourites.
    Of the 6 signings only 2 DO don't they? Traore and Henderson. Vellios isn't really counted cos only couple of Blackpool games and lam, Perquis and pereira don't do they. So that's basically 4 that don't ie most.

Maybe in some cases not having previously played in the championship is an advantage as they are an unknown quantity to the opposition? I'm sure there are many examples- but one that comes to mind Vydra- tore it up in his first ever season in this league and has subsequently been sussed out a little (was very average last season for Reading)

It is isn't the manager who is signing these players - it's the director of football.
    And you know this how?

Good shout. Ah the good ol modern DOF structure which yields all the answers

So far it seems like we've signed a lot of unecessary signings based on mathmatical equations and little more. we'll see, I aint gonna judge anything before I've seen em play.
    I think the new full backs are very attacking and suit Monty's style. Lichaj is not particularly attacking and in fairness Pinilios isn't fixed properly yet.

PM also likes defenders and CBs who can play out from the back. Both Lam and Perquis are known for their technical ability on the ball.

I therefore think these players have been chosen for their ability to play to Montanier's style.

Whether this all works is really down to Montanier and the players. It does seem we are overstocked in defence but in fairness Pereira and Traore can play wing and Lam can play central midfield or full back so we shall see.

So far it seems like we've signed a lot of unecessary signings based on mathmatical equations and little more.
    You obviously don't have much confidence in the new management team. As for unnecessary signings - An experienced back up keeper to challenge de Vries. A right back to give Lichaj competition for his place. Traore to give options on the left. A young promising central defender/midfielder and a forward with the ability to play with his back to goal and bring others into play. I think it is called build up a squad to compete at this level or do you want to struggle again this season.

Signing Armand is nuts...

Sent from my Sinclair ZX Spectrum using Tasword II

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    You obviously don't have much confidence in the new management team. As for unnecessary signings - An experienced back up keeper to challenge de Vries. A right back to give Lichaj competition for his place. Traore to give options on the left. A young promising central defender/midfielder and a forward with the ability to play with his back to goal and bring others into play. I think it is called build up a squad to compete at this level or do you want to struggle again this season.
    Nothing to do with confidence, I'm simply looking at what we have, what we've signed and if I ask myself the question "were players needed in those positions?". For me the answer is no. I can see reasons for signing them, but is that the best approach to maximize our squad value?

This squad should not struggle. You're matchday 11 could be:

DDV
    Lichaj Mills Manc Pinilos
    Osborn Vaughan Lansbury Cohen
    Britt Pato

With these as backup.....
    Hobbs
    Burke
    Grant
    Ward
    Lars
    Blackstock

Not saying we don't need to strengthen, but so many defensive players in so many areas which are well covered?

I'm not even saying it's not right for us from a footballing POV, I'm just saying this is why we end up skint, with a demoralized squad, and the whole approach of changing tact AGAIN is another example of us u-turning in direction with no thought to tactical consistancy at the club.

Last year's excercize in squad + wage trimming was totally pointless if we're going to bring in players in positions already well covered. How many players do we have who can cover left back now, Cohen, Piniloss, Fox, Traore, Manc, Lichaj - 6. Do we need that many? No.

If the right players are sold then fair enough, but surely selling the better performing players from last year is a poor place to start a 2 year promotion push?

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 29-07-16 at 15:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fox View Post
    Who knows, theres a good chance the full story hasn't played out.

The flip side is a new direction from the manager that sees his new budget additions straight into the side to fulfil his ethos. At the expense of players like Mancienne, Mills, Lichaj & Lansbury who are out the door.

Genius if it works with any degree of success, but if it backfires, we're fucked.

oopsy daisy!

How many players do we have who can cover left back now, Cohen, Piniloss, Fox, Traore, Manc, Lichaj - 6. Do we need that many? No.
    Oh for the good old days when we went the best part of what seemed like three seasons without having anyone who could play there let alone competently

Here, there & anywhere that will have me..

*Shamelessly nicked from Twitter (& i don't think I've seen it used yet)

We were also going to sign his brother Aleg - but couldn't afford them both...

The beast is stirring yet again!! :devil:

it has nothing to do with football or NFFC