Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Armand Traore

Default Re: Armand Traore

He doesn't seem to have played much in the last 2 years.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The best quote I've seen about him from a QPR fan to date is he is constantly injured, has a bad attitude and has legs "made of tissue".

Suppose while Pinillos out he can step in, probably preferable to Fox there

Quote Originally Posted by Trojii View Post
    has legs "made of tissue".
    One would hope so

Not that type of player

Was in the QPR team that beat Derby in the play off final.

"Outside the family life, there is nothing better than winning the European Cups." Brian Clough

More chance of Armand van Helden.

Not that type of player

More chance of Armando Iannucci.

oopsy daisy!

Cheap replacements coming in for other defenders leaving; likely to see one of Hobbs or Mancienne leaving shortly.
    Probably, but it does mean that for the first time this century Forest are actually lining up, and getting replacements, for players that are about to leave, rather than leaving it 6 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Probably, but it does mean that for the first time this century Forest are actually lining up, and getting replacements, for players that are about to leave, rather than leaving it 6 months or so.
    Completely agree with you; my post wasn't intended as a criticism of the club (not that you're suggesting it was). I'm happy we're looking at getting people in.

Hopefully now we'll look to actually spend some of the funds necessary to get key players in key positions such as another striker, though I anticipate we'll need to see Veldwicjk leave before we look at getting another striker in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi View Post
    More chance of Armando Iannucci.
    He'll just end up blowing his own time trumpet.

Could be a decent signing, but I would hate to lose Mancienne, I'd take him over any defender that we could possibly get within our limitations. To sell him would be foolish, as I feel we have two very solid centre backs in Mills and Mancienne, to put that in doubt would be catastrophic.

Gonna take a good manager to gel so many players together at the back so quickly, and keep moral up at the same time.

“All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alf-Hasawi View Post
    Gonna take a good manager to gel so many players together at the back so quickly, and keep moral up at the same time.
    Am surprised at the amount of players that have come in already and none of them really have any championship experience, bar maybe Traore, and Henderson in goal. I think he's gonna need to get the integration just right cos throwing too many newbies in all at once could really backfire. Don't wanna lose the likes of Mills either to accommodate so and so, hope PM realises importance of likes of Mills

Quote Originally Posted by matt1982 View Post
    Am surprised at the amount of players that have come in already and none of them really have any championship experience, bar maybe Traore, and Henderson in goal. I think he's gonna need to get the integration just right cos throwing too many newbies in all at once could really backfire. Don't wanna lose the likes of Mills either to accommodate so and so, hope PM realises importance of likes of Mills
    It went from none to 40% in a few words! Velios' loan at Blackpool would take it 60% if you were inclined to include.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Bristol View Post
    It went from none to 40% in a few words! Velios' loan at Blackpool would take it 60% if you were inclined to include.
    Not really cos he only played couple of games think. Still most of them don't and he is gonna need to be careful how he uses them, he seems quite clued up though so I'm hopeful but proof will be in the pudding

Yup. It'll speak volumes for Monty if he can get us working effectively as a team from the outset. Hopefully some of the players he's bought in have big characters and leadership qualities which will see them take responsibility, and help gel the side.

Then again we may have just made another niave appointment which has absolutely no idea how to create an effective championship side, and spend another year chasing our tails kidding ourselves we'll get anywhere near as good as Billy

Last edited by Alf-ugginblowupyourbakery; 28-07-16 at 21:05.

Then again we may have just made another niave appointment which has absolutely no idea how to create an effective championship side, and spend another year chasing our tails kidding ourselves we'll get anywhere near as good as Billy
    calm down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id prefer Armando from Planet of the Apes.

I wouldn't really.

Best served cold

Not really cos he only played couple of games think. Still most of them don't and he is gonna need to be careful how he uses them, he seems quite clued up though so I'm hopeful but proof will be in the pudding
    Of the 6 signings only two don't. That is not "most".

I'm quite enjoying this low key and under the radar approach to signings, rather than the classic Forest approach of splurging millions on players and being favourites.

Last edited by incapable hulk; 29-07-16 at 08:44.
    "I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a c**k like a burmese python, and the mind of a f**king scientist" - Kenny Powers

Yup. It'll speak volumes for Monty if he can get us working effectively as a team from the outset. Hopefully some of the players he's bought in have big characters and leadership qualities which will see them take responsibility, and help gel the side.

I think you need to give our new manager a chance. He does have a pedigree both as a player and a manager. Naive appointment Stuart Pearce was a naive appointment and only got the job because he was a legend as player at The city Ground.

As for Billy...........good in his first stint with us but I still don't understand why we were so good at home and so bad away under him (with the occasional exception like winning 3-1 at WBA). As for his second stint.......

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post
    I think you need to give our new manager a chance. He does have a pedigree both as a player and a manager. Naive appointment Stuart Pearce was a naive appointment and only got the job because he was a legend as player at The city Ground.

As for Billy...........good in his first stint with us but I still don't understand why we were so good at home and so bad away under him (with the occasional exception like winning 3-1 at WBA). As for his second stint.......
    I believe Alf was taking the piss.

I hear that's the way to build a side. There's someone who used to do that at Forest, but the name escapes me.
    Dooogie!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    6 months? We still haven't bloody replace Adlene!

@FAWAZ_ALHASAWI
    @fawaz_alhasawi1

I am pleased to announce the signing of Armand Traore on a three-year contract from 1st August #NFFC

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Baker's Dog View Post

That second stint where we spent 1 week out the playoffs once the season was rolling? Ye gads, yes how awful.

But MXJ was right, I was taking the piss. I've not seen a ball kicked yet so have no judgement on if things are good/bad either way. I do think Monty's taking an approach which as a footballing unit for the club makes little sense - personally I would have looked for a manager who saw the defence as fairly set in stone due to the fact that it performed well last year - But I see that as a lack of direction from up top again, not Monty's fault nor any reason why his method's can't succeed.

We've employed Monty, and whatever his approach is then it deserves time to flourish so long as we stay clear of relegation. The fact that the top brass seem to have employed someone who has bought in players to replace our better performers over recent times isn't his fault, they should have considered this or outlined it before employing him.

And as Ravi has pointed out, there may actually be a grander scheme of thought with us offloading some higher paid/shitter players. Although Fox's contract renewl/extension does contradict that.