Welcome to the LTLF Forest Forum.
Page 140 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 5357

Default Re: US to Trump all the other crazy stuff going on in the world

This is The Guardian, supposedly the most intellectual, didactic and respected media outlet on the planet.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rump-hair-wind

Sorry but The Guardian has become a gutter tabloid no better than The Sun. If this was a discussion in the Daily Mail on a woman's appearance The Guardian would have gone mental.

It tells you exactly how stupid and puerile the Trump hatred has got. Hang your head in shame Guardian YOU ARE A SANCTIMONIOUS HYPOCRITICAL RAG.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

'Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings' - Salvador Dali 1904-1989

I think 'odd' is a good thing. Oddness shows originality, uniqueness and a desire to be different from the masses. Oddness is, maybe, only deemed 'odd' by the majority who are considered less odd but only by their own blinkered observations and understanding. Oddness should never be criticised but be encouraged to nurture, develop individualism and to explore the mind rather than conform to expectation and 'normality'. Many of the world's greatest works of art and prose were born from those minds many considered to be 'odd'.
    [/url]

Nott'm/scanning the horizon @Brize.......

Quote Originally Posted by T.B.T. View Post
    I bought a book of stamps today! I now believe they are counterfeit as the Queens head looks nothing like that

Quote Originally Posted by Le Juif Rouge View Post
    This is The Guardian, supposedly the most intellectual, didactic and respected media outlet on the planet.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rump-hair-wind

Sorry but The Guardian has become a gutter tabloid no better than The Sun. If this was a discussion in the Daily Mail on a woman's appearance The Guardian would have gone mental.

It tells you exactly how stupid and puerile the Trump hatred has got. Hang your head in shame Guardian YOU ARE A SANCTIMONIOUS HYPOCRITICAL RAG.
    I actually agree with this, I feel sorry for him that that is what his vanity has lead him too.

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by MaxiRobriguez View Post

I'd go as far as saying the US is the best beer maker on the planet.

Sorry.
    80 Million Germans are outside, and they’re not happy.

„The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football.“

Quote Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
    80 Million Germans are outside, and they’re not happy.
    Let them know they'll only need an ESTA to try these lovely beverages.

Sent from the thunder suckle fuzz canyon

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by The Arctic Samuel View Post
    Let them know they'll only need an ESTA to try these lovely beverages.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, even given the large number of Americans here (legacy of the large numbers of US servicemen based in this corner of Germany) American beers are not very popular at all, being considered as weak and lacking flavour.

Give me a Hefeweizen any day.

My favourite shop in Stuttgart, Die Bierothek, sells nothing but beer, and lots of it in hundreds of different brands and varieties. It’s the best place to try something new (they even sell a couple of Brewdog beers) but sell very few American ones. A couple of US craft pale ales and that was about it.

Left Winger

Obligatory photo:

Perhaps unsurprisingly, even given the large number of Americans here (legacy of the large numbers of US servicemen based in this corner of Germany) American beers are not very popular at all, being considered as weak and lacking flavour.

Give me a Hefeweizen any day.

My favourite shop in Stuttgart, Die Bierothek, sells nothing but beer, and lots of it in hundreds of different brands and varieties. It’s the best place to try something new (they even sell a couple of Brewdog beers) but sell very few American ones. A couple of US craft pale ales and that was about it.
    You aren't going to get the best American beers over there though. It'd be like judging German beer on the Pilsner that Aldi sell (which has gone down hill, sadly) or US on Bud.

US beer is so localised, that's what makes it great imo. Same with Germany.

I'd agree with Rob, go into a bar in the states and you'll get a beer they'll only do once. Get anything from a coffee, milk stout to a Raspberry lager.

I tried a beer so good I bought a 4 pack back from California. God I miss that place.

Obligatory photo:

Ich liebe bier!

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Obligatory photo:

Surely that should be called a Bierhoff

[QUOTE=Barry;2870882]Ive only met Andy....last week actually and can confirm he is in 2nd place in sexiest fucker on here stakes.[/QUOTE]

Left Winger

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. MariAndy!s View Post
    It’s certainly no Hasselhoff.

They have regular tasting sessions on also, and “meet the brewer” events, which are brilliant.

Reasonable prices as well.

That's an East Mids joke. No one else in the UK knows what a Beer-off is.

We shall meet again before long to march to new triumphs - Giuseppe Garibaldi

You aren't going to get the best American beers over there though. It'd be like judging German beer on the Pilsner that Aldi sell (which has gone down hill, sadly) or US on Bud.

US beer is so localised, that's what makes it great imo. Same with Germany.

I'd agree with Rob, go into a bar in the states and you'll get a beer they'll only do once. Get anything from a coffee, milk stout to a Raspberry lager.

I tried a beer so good I bought a 4 pack back from California. God I miss that place.

Although there are 3000 breweries in America, was your Californian one, one of these? http://www.stonebrewing.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lefkasman View Post
    Although there are 3000 breweries in America, was your Californian one, one of these? http://www.stonebrewing.com/
    It wasn't, but they do look nice.

It was Alvarado St in Monterey. Really liked a few but will dig out the recipe for the A.A.

I'm drooling and it's only 8:23.

I have a friend in Thessaloniki who owns a bar and sells Greek craft beers and would agree with you. Although there are a few Greek micro breweries springing up that make some fine craft ales. Staying away from the mass produced stuff no matter what country it is, is always best.
    we are not specialized on beers. there are some micro breweries that make really good ones but not something special.

in Greece we don't consider beer as an alcohol. it's more a refreshment during summer. instead of having a coke or pepsi.

beer? seriously? who the fuck needs beers when he can have wine, ouzo, raki, tsipouro or else? why to spend half a night in the toilette?

as we say here, beer is not a drink that you buy. it's something that you borrow and you'll return it to the toilette pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by karteo View Post
    we are not specialized on beers. there are some micro breweries that make really good ones but not something special.

in Greece we don't consider beer as an alcohol. it's more a refreshment during summer. instead of having a coke or pepsi.

beer? seriously? who the fuck needs beers when he can have wine, ouzo, raki, tsipouro or else? why to spend half a night in the toilette?

as we say here, beer is not a drink that you buy. it's something that you borrow and you'll return it to the toilette pretty soon.
    I've converted my fellow villagers too my home brew. I think the problem stems from when we had that law about a minimum amount of beer had to be brewed to allow you to have a brewery. That gave the monopoly to Amstel and Heineken.
    If you are ever in Thessaloniki, try this place it will change your mind on Greek beer.https://m.facebook.com/thehoppypub/?locale2=el_GR

It was Alvarado St in Monterey. Really liked a few but will dig out the recipe for the A.A.

Best I can find is the tasting notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Unity View Post
    That's an East Mids joke. No one else in the UK knows what a Beer-off is.
    I haven't heard anyone say that for at least 20 years. It went over my head because I'd forgot it.

I've converted my fellow villagers too my home brew. I think the problem stems from when we had that law about a minimum amount of beer had to be brewed to allow you to have a brewery. That gave the monopoly to Amstel and Heineken.
    If you are ever in Thessaloniki, try this place it will change your mind on Greek beer.https://m.facebook.com/thehoppypub/?locale2=el_GR
    i do like some greek beers. b29, volcan, craft, corfu, septem

but in general i prefer wine, tsipouro etc

I can't believe all you lot have missed this one?

Retired Lt Col Ralph Peters reacted Wednesday to President Trump's plan to hold a military parade in the streets of Washington.

Trump reportedly got the idea after visiting France's annual Bastille Day parade.

"The French march well, we fight well," Peters said.

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    I haven't heard anyone say that for at least 20 years. It went over my head because I'd forgot it.
    Never forget your roots.

I assumed everyone had a bottom/top/middle or just a beer-off? The one where I used to, and my dad still does live is still called bottom beer-off, even though it's not an off licence any more.

Left Winger

Here you go Sam - a Liter of Wichtel Hefeweizen.

Lovely.

Never forget your roots.

I assumed everyone had a bottom/top/middle or just a beer-off? The one where I used to, and my dad still does live is still called bottom beer-off, even though it's not an off licence any more.
    Now you have lost me with bottom/top/middle That just makes me think of Michael Barrymore.

I think going to an off-licence or beer-off is a thing of the past for many people now - that's probably why I never hear anyone say it anymore, what with 24 hour supermarkets and the relaxation of alcohol trading laws. Remember when they had to cover up the beer aisles in supermarkets out of certain hours when they weren't allowed to sell alcohol?

Never forget your roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbus View Post
    Now you have lost me with bottom/top/middle That just makes me think of Michael Barrymore.

I think going to an off-licence or beer-off is a thing of the past for many people now - that's probably why I never hear anyone say it anymore, what with 24 hour supermarkets and the relaxation of alcohol trading laws. Remember when they had to cover up the beer aisles in supermarkets out of certain hours when they weren't allowed to sell alcohol?
    Top/Middle/Bottom is estate talk. It's where said beer-off is.

We had a top shop, because it was at the top of the road. We had a bottom shop because it it was at the bottom of the estate. Although there was "the dip" which was part of the estate which was more bottom than the shop, put the people who lived in the dip still called the bottom shop, the bottom shop even though they went up the bottom shop.

Our beer-offs were a shop, which was even topper than the top shop, but it was just called the beer-off and three local boozers, so one would go to "the Beer-off down the Grove", "over the Oxclose" or "up the Nellie". It would depend on what ale you were buying, whether you were refillin, gerrin a quart from tap or bottled. Bottled meant that it had a sealed lid even tho refill and tapped also came in bottles.

Last edited by ReDias; 08-02-18 at 13:57.